#PMChallenge [UPDATE #2.5 with INTERACTIVE DEMO] App Revert: Revert apps to a previous version

1. SleekNGuilty Donut Feb 6, 2019

SleekNGuilty, Feb 6, 2019 :
    this is PERFECTTTT
    I need it because all the time I have to search for apk online but with this I will be doing that fast and easy:eek:
    I would like it twice if I could!!

laiosg likes this.
  2. laiosg Gingerbread Feb 6, 2019

laiosg, Feb 6, 2019 :
    Thank you so much! I agree, this will indeed prove to be useful for many users!!
    I am glad you like it!
    You can't like it twice, huh? Shame :p lol

SleekNGuilty likes this.
  3. SleekNGuilty Donut Feb 6, 2019

SleekNGuilty, Feb 6, 2019 :
    Please tag in updates

laiosg likes this.
  4. laiosg Gingerbread Feb 6, 2019

laiosg, Feb 6, 2019 :
    lol, I promise I'll try to remember it :p

Dresa91 and SleekNGuilty like this.
  5. General Geyuv Donut Feb 6, 2019

General Geyuv, Feb 6, 2019 :
    An amazing project, well presented and feasible too! Congrats!!
    I'm kind of envious right now :rolleyes:
    just kidding
    I hope this gets implemented!

to be honest I made an account here just a while ago, hoping to take part in this challenge, but most of the good ideas are taken... well I guess I'll have to think out of the box and propose something really nice!
    Wish me luck xD
    In the meantime I like browsing the most popular entries, and I'm glad I stumbled across this one. What a nice conversation you have over here!
    When I first read your entry, I was amazed. Naturally, I realised just how many problems this idea could have, just like many other commenters here. Yet then I read the updated part and I think you've covered a lot of them! Can't wait to see the new images... remember, you promised to have them up soon @laiosg
    And with that, I'm off!
    Congrats once again for your entry, I'd really enjoy using this feature... in the near future

laiosg likes this.
  6. laiosg Gingerbread Feb 6, 2019

laiosg, Feb 6, 2019 :
    Thank you very much for your feedback!!
    I wish you all the best with your submission :D
    As for the images, I really will try to have them ready ASAP, it's just that I am no graphic designer and thus it takes me more time, you see...
    And yes, everyone in this thread has indeed been very nice both to me as well as to each other, and I find this awesome, personally!!

General Geyuv likes this.
  7. BeingIncog Marshmallow Feb 6, 2019

8. General Geyuv Donut Feb 6, 2019

mahyunk and laiosg like this.
  9. Venky61 Jelly Bean Feb 7, 2019

Venky61, Feb 7, 2019 :
    This will be a useful feature and its commendable that you took all aspects into considerations. Ideally if its possible to roll back with just apk backup, it would have been amazing due to the storage space.
    Also there are very few apps for which we are in so much need for backup, so why not provide an option to select apps rather than exclude...Easier that way :)

Dresa91, laiosg and General Geyuv like this.
  10. laiosg Gingerbread Feb 7, 2019

laiosg, Feb 7, 2019 :
    Thank you so much for the comment!
    I was thinking that this should automatically happen for all apps and not for select ones exactly because someone might not know that an update may break an app, so they won't be able to predict that they will need a backup of it.
    But your idea is very interesting nonetheless, perhaps we could add a toggle that will ask you individually for each app when and if you try to update it. Neat! Thank you :D

Venky61, General Geyuv and Dresa91 like this.
  11. laiosg Gingerbread Feb 7, 2019

laiosg, Feb 7, 2019 :
    I added some nice headers and forgot to comment it here, so here goes: I know it's not much and that it adds no real value to this thread whatsoever but I'm kind of proud of it and I like myself an aesthetic overhaul haha
    More coming soon!!

Last edited: Feb 7, 2019

Dresa91 likes this.
  12. laiosg Gingerbread Feb 10, 2019

laiosg, Feb 10, 2019 :
    Hi, everyone!
    I'm back after some time I spent developing our new interactive demo!
    It may look simple, but don't underestimate it! This bad boy took me ages to complete!
    I hope you will enjoy it! I was under the impression that I could embed it as an iframe element but apparently that won't work, so I had to resort to linking it here. If anyone knows how to fix the iframe issue, please do let me know.
    Also, let me tag you all here, since apparently you won't get notified if I simply edit the main post!
    @D1549431653421 , @GopalB. , @B_Wrath , @Dresa91 , @RamQ , @toastytoast1234 , @Moin2200 , @Chuck_James , @Android450 , @YRJ
    Also, thank you very much for leaving a like, @dsmonteiro , it means a lot to me!

Last edited: Feb 10, 2019

B_Wrath, Android450, YRJ and 2 others like this.
  13. Dresa91 Android Q Feb 10, 2019

Dresa91, Feb 10, 2019 :
    wow! awesome!:) thanks for tagging:)

YRJ and laiosg like this.
  14. YRJ Lollipop Feb 10, 2019

YRJ, Feb 10, 2019 :
    Well done! You put quite some work into the interactive demo and I must tell you, it was quite realistic. Thanks for taking the time to put this together.
    Let's see what tomorrow brings!
    Goodluck :)

Dresa91 and laiosg like this.
  15. GopalB. Nougat Feb 10, 2019

GopalB., Feb 10, 2019 :
    Damn that demo is awesome...
    Only if oneplus could use something similar in future...

Dresa91 and laiosg like this.
  16. laiosg Gingerbread Feb 10, 2019

laiosg, Feb 10, 2019 :
    Thank you so much!

Dresa91 and YRJ like this.
  17. laiosg Gingerbread Feb 10, 2019

laiosg, Feb 10, 2019 :
    Thank you very much, friendly sloth!

Dresa91 and GopalB. like this.
  18. GopalB. Nougat Feb 10, 2019

GopalB., Feb 10, 2019 :
    You are taking this too seriously...
    Let's hope oneplus understands that... :)

laiosg and Dresa91 like this.
  19. Moin2200 KitKat Feb 10, 2019

Moin2200, Feb 10, 2019 :
    Wow that’s damn impressive work.
    You are really showing passion for this feature, I hope oneplus regonizes that.
    Well done. :cool:

laiosg and Dresa91 like this.
  20. laiosg Gingerbread Feb 10, 2019

laiosg, Feb 10, 2019 :
    Thank you so much!!
    Yes, I truly am passionate about this! :p
    I think it could prove to be a really useful feature and, apart from that, I absolutely love anything gadget-related, hence my excitement for this fine PMchallenge!!

Dresa91 likes this.