#PMChallenge - Upgrading Grids in Pattern Unlocking

1. alp47470 Donut Feb 12, 2019

alp47470, Feb 12, 2019 :
    Nameste ! :)

Myself Aadarsh, as a student i tend to use my phone all the time. i am around different kinds of people meet strangers. A student is always a social person means he/she is around people all the time.
    When i came to know that Oneplus is giving their users a golden chance to have new ideas and inspiration from the community my heart just melt. Hence, I too thought contribute one of mine.

I have used the Oneplus 3T for 2 years now. I really admire the work the OxygenOS developers have done and are still giving us the cherry on top i.e Android Pie. ;)

What's the Idea??
    Thanks to Oneplus, we all are enjoying the latest and greatest technologies of unlocking a smart phone i.e Face Unlock, The new In-Display Fingerprint scanner. No doubt they are the best in the market out their that a company can provide at such a valuable price point. But we can also not deny that they sometime lack in securing our devices too. We are going through the time where all companies are working hard and hard to get the best out.

Security as always been a priority with Oneplus. So i think if we upgrade the Security type " Pattern " a lill further we can enhance our user experience more. I think keeping simple and minimal provides the best experience to user.

Having a 4x4 Grid Unlock Pattern :
    (sorry for my bad drawing)

20190212_121749.jpg

Here's the math :

3x3 Grid :
    Total combinations in 9 patterns - 389,112
    False Acceptance Rate (apprx.) - 0.0003%

Thats already kinda impossible to cross through but if we upgrade the grid size to 4x4 or more. That would be like "Soone pe suhaga" (hindi proverb) meaning, cherry on top.

Answer to #PMChallenge Questions :

1) Who are the users?
    Everyone.

2) What is the proposed function?
    More grids for pattern unlocking.

3) What is the user value?
    Better security for users.

Thanks @Ruby G. @dsmonteiro @Gary C.

Know your worth. #NeverSettle

vijithvenganoor and Ruby G. like this.
  2. Ruby G. NA Community Manager Staff Member Feb 12, 2019

Papleshh, alessiodales and alp47470 like this.
  3. vijithvenganoor Donut Feb 16, 2019

alp47470 likes this.
  4. Papleshh Eclair Feb 17, 2019

Papleshh, Feb 17, 2019 :
    Why don't we just use the fingerprint ...... just kidding. good idea

alp47470 and Starcommander like this.