#PMChallenge Web Access

1. astracd Honeycomb Feb 8, 2019

astracd, Feb 8, 2019 :
    Who are the users? Everyone that uses computers.

What is the proposed function?
    Having website like web.whatsapp.com, only it would be oneplus phone website. It would mirror phone screen on the website, and you would be able to do everything on your phone via website using keyboard and mouse.

What is the user value?
    It would be handy for everyone to do things over computer with keyboard and mouse, instead typing on the phone. I use gmail via web and web.whatsapp most of the day, I wish that I could access other apps as well this way. It would be almost as remote desktop / teamview.

I didn't make any diagrams, graphs etc. As it is straight forward idea.

If there are existing comparable functions in the smartphone industry, how is your proposed feature superior? No one have this yet.

Potential issues: Opening doors to hackers to access everything on your phone. But there are workarounds.

EDIT:
    So this is how it should look like, but without connecting your phone to PC with USB.

I work as manager and I have 20 people under me. I allow them to use their cellphones at work, as long the work is getting done. It is win win for both. But my GM is all over my *** if he sees someone using his cellphone during work hours... So this would help everyone that works in the offices, and they are not allowed to used their cellphones... So cellphone can be in your pocket and you would have a access from your desktop. And why USB doesn't work is that it is blocked for many business, or you are not allowed to connect phone to PC.

oneplus.png

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 9, 2019

2. Sridhar Ananthanarayanan Lollipop Feb 8, 2019

3. astracd Honeycomb Feb 8, 2019

astracd, Feb 8, 2019 :
    It would not be OnePlus.com of course as that is official domain. Not sure why would anyone think that they would shut down main page for some other purpose.

It would be whatever they want to call it. It could be web.oneplus.com, access.oneplus.com
    Myoneplus.com, there are millions of combinations

4. Sridhar Ananthanarayanan Lollipop Feb 8, 2019

Sridhar Ananthanarayanan, Feb 8, 2019 :
    sure. but would you still be comfortable doing that?

5. Moin2200 KitKat Feb 8, 2019

Moin2200, Feb 8, 2019 :
    Why use phone website on a desktop? Just go to the desktop version.

6. astracd Honeycomb Feb 8, 2019

astracd, Feb 8, 2019 :
    Yes. I'm doing that daily with whatsapp.

You guys need to learn how to read. Maybe read 5 times before you decide to comment.

7. G_Suraj_Parui_tlzZ Eclair Feb 9, 2019

8. toastytoast1234 Lollipop Feb 9, 2019

toastytoast1234, Feb 9, 2019 :
    Your 'idea' wasn't even worth reading once.

9. astracd Honeycomb Feb 9, 2019

astracd, Feb 9, 2019 :
    It is only one way... Control PC with android... I'm talking about reverse... If you know how to do it please let me know.

this is what I'm talking about... but without connecting phone to pc with usb...

Last edited: Feb 9, 2019

10. Blue-agila Ice Cream Sandwich Feb 9, 2019

Blue-agila, Feb 9, 2019 :
    So what changes to the os would this require? ?

11. Moin2200 KitKat Feb 9, 2019

Moin2200, Feb 9, 2019 :
    Not really. You are just bad at explaining the idea.