1. gautamkrishnar Cupcake Feb 6, 2019

gautamkrishnar, Feb 6, 2019 :
    Data usage calendar

Currently there's an option to view the following details:

total data usage:
    1549423832574.jpg

data usage per app:
    1549423845059.jpg

We must have an option that shows the data usage per day so that we can easily calculate how much data we use every day. Currently this can be achieved only by installing third party applications:

1549422621289.jpg
    If we can bake this info the OS itself it will provide a better user experience.

Who are the users?
    Almost everyone. This feature is mostly useful to users in India.

What is the proposed function?
    Daily data usage calendar for mobile network and WiFi

What is the user value?
    This has a great value since it provides a better user experience. Users can easily know the data usage per day.

If there are existing comparable functions in the smartphone industry, how is your proposed feature superior?
    As of now this can be achieved only by installing the third party applications.

Billing Frequency

Currently there's an option to set the billing cycle start date,:

1549423030576.jpg

There must be an option to chose the billing Frequency. it must contain the following options:
    * Daily
    * Monthly
    * Weekly
    * Yearly

if we chose daily as an option then the following screen must show the data usage of the current day instead of the current month:

1549423212285.jpg
    This feature is really useful to the users in India since the Mobile data is billed daily. Jio is the most popular mobile network provider in India that offers daily data quoras. The data usage quota is based on the plans subscribed by the user. Currently there's no option to set a daily limit to the mobile data. if we add the above option, the users can easily set the data usage limits according to their subscribed mobile data plan.

Who are the users?
    Everyone, especially for users in India.

What is the proposed function?
    Ability to set mobile data billing frequency

What is the user value?
    it allows users to easily set a limit for their daily data usage if needed.

If there are existing comparable functions in the smartphone industry, how is your proposed feature superior?
    No

Last edited: Feb 6, 2019

Crystal Z. and Karthik.sk like this.
  2. toastytoast1234 Lollipop Feb 6, 2019

toastytoast1234, Feb 6, 2019 :
    Do they not teach basic arithmetic in your part of the world? I thought that was strongly encouraged.

3. gautamkrishnar Cupcake Feb 6, 2019

gautamkrishnar, Feb 6, 2019 :
    lol. that's not at all accurate. for example let's say i had used my mobile data for the last 4 days.
    day1: 2gb
    day2: 1gb
    day3: 1gb
    day4: 1gb

how can i calculate the data usage per day by simply dividing the total data usage by 4?