#PMChallenge - Work Alarm | Days off

1. G_Stuart_Rapley_dQxs Cupcake Feb 8, 2019

G_Stuart_Rapley_dQxs, Feb 8, 2019 :
    A Specific alarm for work.

Who are the users? Everyone with fixed working hours who uses their phone as an alarm clock.

What is the proposed function? My proposal is to add additional functionality to the clock app by adding an alarm solely for work at a preset time. Currently we can set alarms to reoccur on on certain days of the week. The problem arises when we have a holiday on a certain day and have to remember to turn the alarm off and then reset it for the next day. My proposed alarm would always go off on the recurring days but allows the user to prevent the alarm from going off on certain dates i.e. Bank Holidays or days the user designates as days off. The current system only allows you to turn off the alarm on the following Monday, but then you must manually turn this back on for the following Monday.

What is the user value? The user sets the time from the onset and select specific dates ahead of time to prevent the alarm from sounding on those days only. This allows the user not to have to remember to turn off the alarm the day before, or turn it back on for future.

I currently have one alarm repeated for every weekday. If I were off on Monday, I wouldn’t turn off the alarm entirely, but remove the repeater for Monday. If I forget to turn it back on, my alarm would sound on Tuesday, but I must remember to turn the alarm on for the following Monday after being off.

If there are existing comparable functions in the smartphone industry, how is your proposed feature superior?
    Not aware of an app or feature like this.

Below are a couple of mock ups of how i think this could be implemented:

As this function would serve the majority there should be an option to have this visible or entirely hidden and disabled. I think the best place for the toggle would be in the settings tab under within the 3 dots menu within the clock app.

Settings Page.jpg

The added alarm would then be added to the very top of the alarm panel within the clock app, showing the time recurring days and the next rest day. The layout would be marginally different to distinguish its behavior from the other normal alarms.
    Alarm 1.jpg

Clicking on the gears icon would take the user to a popup page where there would be a list of the added dates to which the alarm would not go off. At the bottom of that would be a + to amend the information there. (ie add further days, remove days)

2. Goomba_81 Cupcake Feb 21, 2019

Goomba_81, Feb 21, 2019 :
    My previous phone running miui had an option to turn off the alarm for one instance, instead of entirely turning off the recurring alarm. I came searching for something similar but this idea is taking it to an entirely different level. I really like this idea and would certainty use it. Hope to see this implemented.