#PMChallenge -Youtube on the go

1. W1550768907234
    Cupcake Feb 21, 2019

W1550768907234 , Feb 21, 2019 :
    I use Youtube to listen to songs, talks, random bits of pieces of information, and sometimes even recipes. Most of these times I'll also be " working and listening" to the song or "working out and listening" to a talk.
    I don't need the video feeds at these times. I just need the audio. It'd be wonderful if there's an audio mode for Youtube, because Youtube is incredibly versatile and if one could use it to stream music and other stuff without using up the full screen or while using another app, it'd be incredible.

* Who are the users?
    Any and all who are not really satisfied with any music streaming apps when they don't get a particular song or a particular version. (covers etc) . Or just someone who wants to listen to that Ted talk or that AMV that you just can't get on any streaming apps. Like I said Youtube is incredibly versatile. If one can just get the audio without leaving the screen on or using it over other apps like a music player would be nice.

*Proposed function

Assuming the user is busy with his work or is just lying down and wants to listen to something or the other, he/ she would unlock the phone, play something on Youtube and just minimize the screen and is able to lock the screen. But whatever video was selected, the audio still plays. No extra battery drain of the screen. (of course, the autoplay would work like usual if it was on) Or maybe the user decides to listen to the song and just take notes or chat with a friend on the other end without interrupting the music experience.

* User value

• Extended battery life considering that the screen can be locked if the user is only listening to the music.
    • A very large versatile collection of audio ( like talks, interviews, recipes, songs etc can be listened to on one platform.
    • No need for another app to stream your music. Yeayy
    * Comparable feature in the smartphone industry?

There is the picture in picture mode,but that does use up some screen when you just want the audio in the case when you're surfing through the net or chatting.
    Plus, it would not work with the locked screen.

Step 1

Open Youtube and start playing what you want to listen to.

Step 2

Swipe up or some other gesture to go to audio mode.
    IMG_20190221_232217.jpg

Step 3

Lock the screen and be at peace or carry on doing whatever you feel like while listening to the music.
    kjugimages.jpg

Peace.

2. Madnezz4Ever
    Jelly Bean Feb 21, 2019

3. LegolasX
    Jelly Bean Feb 22, 2019

LegolasX , Feb 22, 2019 :
    YouTube is video app not audio app.
    if Google wanted people to listen audio on YouTube they wouldn't have developed play music.
    and big question here is why would OnePlus do anything to YouTube if they don't own the app in first place?

4. Loveit
    Jelly Bean Feb 22, 2019

Loveit , Feb 22, 2019 :
    Use this:
    https://labs.xda-developers.com/store/app/com.kapp.youtube.final

Been using it as my media player for years now, one of my favourite apps.

5. KeepTransisting
    The Lab - OnePlus 7 Pro Reviewer Feb 22, 2019

xnutzii likes this.