#PMChallenge_Thumbs_up

1. chopra raman Cupcake Feb 18, 2019

chopra raman, Feb 18, 2019 :
    PMCHallenge THUMBS_UP
    Who are the users
    1 .The function has universal application as it is basic improvement in the user interface

2. What is the proposed function?

Almost all people like to use the phone with a single hand in such usage the rightt thumb principally for a right handed person, does most of the duty as the size of the phone increases beyond four and half inches. The thumb is unable to reach mostp oints of the screen. The most noticeable effect of this can be seen while simply opening the app drawer once a swipe up results in the the App drawer to the home
    screen. The thumb can only reach till , maybe till the bottom 3 to 4 lines of the apps. This is explained in the diagram below. While using the browser the thumb does not reach the address bar and therefore the second hand has to be used or the phone has
    to be inconveniently slided in the hand for the thumb to reach the point where the address has to be entered. There are a number of other situations where the top half of the screen is invariably not accessible by the right thumb. Therefore a simple
    suggestion or a modification in the operating system or the user interface can easily mitigate this discomfort which is a caused to almost all the users. The basic solution is to provide a segment on the touch screen in the form of maybe a 2 cm by 2 cm touchscreen segment which can be in the nature of a mouse pad touchpad. This accompanied with a moving pointer on the screen would enable for better access to the screen with the right thumb. This segment can be a superimposition on all the
    apps used which would result in a far better user interface. This is not available on any UI so far and I hope oneplus shall adopt it before it is given as a feature in any other phone. I hope I have clarified the proposed design and if anything is not clear I
    can mail back . The set of diagrams also provide the possible outcome of the UI modification thanks.

3. What is the user value?

Absolute value may not be ascertainable , but a user may pay anything for convenience. Convenience of using a smartphone shall definitely increase at any
    kiazen towards convenience is invaluable.

4. If there are existing comparable functions in the smartphone industry, how is your proposed feature comparable?

There is no comparable feature . It is a new concept in the interface.

anupritaisno1 likes this.
  2. chopra raman Cupcake Feb 19, 2019

Attached Files:

Ruby G. likes this.
  3. anupritaisno1 KitKat Feb 19, 2019

anupritaisno1, Feb 19, 2019 :
    moto devices have such a feature. it is called one-handed mode