4. Matt 80
    Lollipop Nov 12, 2019

5. Mitesh vetal
    Donut Nov 12, 2019

viper134 and voltaire9 like this.
  6. rjayesh
    Cupcake Nov 15, 2019

rjayesh , Nov 15, 2019 :
    Am facing issues because of there is no pocket mode, I have smart unlock on with watch, don't know because of that its happening, but settings got changed trice in my pocket, One plus please don't remove the useful features in upgrades.

Mitesh vetal likes this.
  7. TheSupremeDalek
    Froyo Nov 15, 2019

TheSupremeDalek , Nov 15, 2019 :
    Pocket mode and AOD are to features that should be included in this device. These are coming in other Android units and really should be available on such an advanced phone.

Mitesh vetal likes this.
  8. kKoI1233
    Gingerbread Nov 16, 2019

kKoI1233 , Nov 16, 2019 :
    Yea I noticed pocket mode is missing, sadly

Luckily i haven't ran into any issues because of it yet

Mitesh vetal likes this.
  9. Mightyhog
    Eclair Nov 16, 2019

Mightyhog , Nov 16, 2019 :
    I believe 'pocket mode' is on by default and there just isn't an option within the settings. I can cover the the teardrop notch area with my thumb and can not wake the ambient screen when doing so. Remove my thumb, and I can wake the screen. This is repeatable 100% of the time for me.

10. Cosmos_NT
    Jelly Bean Nov 16, 2019

Cosmos_NT , via OnePlus 7T , Nov 16, 2019 :
    Currently Pocket Mode isn't available ( not working as it should) - at least not available as external option to prevent accidental call or draining battery issue.

Temporary solution is a 3rd party app from Play Store that is free of cost Named : WaveUp - I have attached SS at the end for configuration which will allow you to have Pocket mode along with screen lock if the proximity sensor is covered - now Note that this option may cause a little problem while receiving call as it will lock the device and you might need password or pin meaning no face or fingerprint to unlock device but not all the time... considering pocket mode issue this should not allow device to wake up unless power button pressed or an incoming call lights the screen up.

Matt 80

Yes it is, you already have an existing thread about pocket mode.
    https://forums.oneplus.com/threads/pocket-mode-on-oneplus-7t.1138842/ -- I am just quoting you because you can help someone with this same issue in future if they want a solution until OnePlus fixes it.

There's no need for you to create another.​

Mitesh vetal

ok so that is deleted, it was elaborated properly so. This is the new one.​

rjayesh

Am facing issues because of there is no pocket mode, I have smart unlock on with watch, don't know because of that its happening, but settings got changed trice in my pocket, One plus please don't remove the useful features in upgrades.​

TheSupremeDalek

Pocket mode and AOD are to features that should be included in this device. These are coming in other Android units and really should be available on such an advanced phone.​

kKoI1233

Yea I noticed pocket mode is missing, sadly

Luckily i haven't ran into any issues because of it yet​

Mightyhog

I believe 'pocket mode' is on by default and there just isn't an option within the settings. I can cover the the teardrop notch area with my thumb and can not wake the ambient screen when doing so. Remove my thumb, and I can wake the screen. This is repeatable 100% of the time for me.​

1573922340437.jpg

1573922340470.jpg

kKoI1233 and Mitesh vetal like this.
  11. Mitesh vetal
    Donut Nov 16, 2019

Mitesh vetal , via OnePlus 7T , Nov 16, 2019 :
    Yes, it can be a temporary solution. Bt if possible OnePlus should bring an update in which we shall get Pocket mode.

12. ssagheer
    Ice Cream Sandwich Nov 16, 2019

ssagheer , Nov 16, 2019 :
    Yeah the pocket mode is there for Ambient display, but it doesn't work for the lockscreen/power button. That is what's troubling the people who are complaining here.
    Personally, I haven't faced any accidental power button presses, so I have no complains.

voltaire9 likes this.
  13. voltaire9
    Froyo Nov 16, 2019

voltaire9 , Nov 16, 2019 :
    even if there is a duplicate thread this is a problem, huge problem. I am not sure why even with the teardrop here, same with the 6t, the ability to enable pocket mode is gone. The 6t had the most advanced pocket mode of any phone I've ever owned. here I am with the newest OnePlus device, the 7T. double tap to wake enabled because heck ,I'm paying for that feature, walk six feet with the phone in my pocket and it turns on. that's ridiculous for a Phone of any price really. can't believe that I have to exclude one of the best features of smartphones just to have it not wake up in my pocket. enabled fingerprint security and it senses my leg as fingerprint inputs, so lame. no I'm not going to turn my phone around in my pocket,

14. kKoI1233
    Gingerbread Nov 17, 2019

kKoI1233 , Nov 17, 2019 :
    Im guessing they didn't have time to out it in their rushed OOS 10.x.x, if the 6T had such a good pocket mode it will probably show up again sooner or later

15. voltaire9
    Froyo Nov 17, 2019

voltaire9 , Nov 17, 2019 :
    I really hope so

16. voltaire9
    Froyo Nov 17, 2019

which settings should I enable if I want to use double tap to wake without it opening in my pocket?

17. Cosmos_NT
    Jelly Bean Nov 17, 2019

Cosmos_NT , via OnePlus 7T , Nov 17, 2019 :
    6T has bigger notch housing both of them light n proximity are just above the camera thus, they ain't under the display - they are same as any non-notched Android is working by all means accurately and efficiently.

For your second question though I just enable Pocket mode, lock screen and set cover to immediately as shown below. If you find the Notification annoying, scroll to bottom > click notification and click other - this won't stop Notification if you pull notification bar down but there won't be any icon on top - I have kept default so you can see it shows icon in the bar it self.
    1573958666875.jpg
    You can mute that too, however, it can stop the app from running so be careful if you completely stop it. To Mute it just disable notification from the previously mentioned menu.

18. voltaire9
    Froyo Nov 17, 2019

You have truly found that this acts like pocket mode on OP6T?

19. Cosmos_NT
    Jelly Bean Nov 17, 2019

Cosmos_NT , via OnePlus 7T , Nov 17, 2019 :
    Nope it can't - it does mimic a little but pocket mode has one more thing in it - you can temporary disable it if you click on three random location it provides.

voltaire9 likes this.