[Poll] Are You Happy With Amazon.in's Packaging For The OPO?

?

Are You Happy With Amazon.in's Packaging

1. Yes, I'm Satisfied

42.9%
  2. No, They Ought To Do Better

57.1%
  1. kidrow
    Ice Cream Sandwich Dec 9, 2014

kidrow , Dec 9, 2014 :
    Hi all,

First off, kudos to Amazon because they have got most things right. Deliveries have been prompt, customer service has been good & timely, couriers have been courteous, & the return policy is a godsend. I'm appreciative of their service & this thread is being created with the hope that some constructive feedback is got & improvements are accordingly made.

I do have one gripe though. I noticed that the brown box in which Amazon/Cloudtail is packing the OPO is a bit weird. The height on two opposing sides of the box is uneven, This is probably to compensate for the fact that the OPO charger is in a separate box.

Either way, the upshot of this is that the package doesn't inspire much confidence. It looks beat up & tacky. Also, the ends are slightly open & not completely blocked off. This makes it difficult to gauge whether the package has been tampered with or not.

This becomes especially important in light of the fact that we have had at least one case where a member has received the package but the OPO & charger were missing!
    (https://forums.oneplus.net/threads/fedex-amazon-in-just-shattered-their-trust-in-my-eyes.202801/)

There is also just a single tape across the widest length of the box & nothing else besides that. My experience with e-comm sites has generally been that the packing & taping is such that unboxing can even be a painful chore... a very desirable thing imho.

Edit After Some Members' Inputs: Add to that the fact that the box is bereft of any bubble-wrap or thermocol (polystyrene)... nothing to act as a cushion. Thus there is a greater possibility of the contents being damaged in transit. At least that's the apprehension.

OPO's packing, of course, is top notch with the plastic wrapping & the red tab to help open the box. I'm concerned about the Amazon dabba though.

So what are your thoughts on Amazon's packaging? Is it upto the mark?
    Or have you received the package in a different & much better designed box?
    Do you have any suggestions to improve the packaging?

Do comment &/or vote. Cheers.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2014

2. v4v3n
    Honeycomb Dec 9, 2014

v4v3n , Dec 9, 2014 :
    It is OK for me unless and until if the seal is tampered with

3. big_bd
    Honeycomb Dec 9, 2014

big_bd , Dec 9, 2014 :
    Consdering the number of purchases done from amazon over a period of time, I would say the packaging does nothing to prevent damage to the purchased item.
    The onus of that is left on the product package itself.
    Have received damaged product once from Amazon.

I am impressed with the packing Flipkart does.

CosmicPaladin likes this.
  4. dr_d_santhosh
    Gingerbread Dec 9, 2014

5. CosmicPaladin
    Jelly Bean Dec 9, 2014

CosmicPaladin , Dec 9, 2014 :
    good packing! also OPO too does a good job at packing .... so am happy

6. dennis_nail
    Cupcake Dec 9, 2014

dennis_nail , Dec 9, 2014 :
    Amazon packaging was not up to the mark. In my case, there was absolutely nothing else inside apart from opo phone are charger boxes. It's a miracle how the inside boxes did not get damaged.

7. igeekyayush
    KitKat Dec 9, 2014

8. kartik666

9. kidrow

10. SnoozPanda
    Honeycomb Dec 9, 2014

SnoozPanda , Dec 9, 2014 :
    Yep My packaging sucked too.. I was shocked to see it.. I ordered 2 phones and they clubbed them in single box and yes it was filled with large air bubble things and kept my phones safe but the Amazon box was crushed completely at one side and it was open.. I asked the delivery guy to wait so that I can open and inspect things.. I have always been happy with Amazon packing.. in 2 months I bought 60k worth of stuffs from them including a printer but this was the worst.. The whole package is worth 45k they could have packed it more carefully

11. Kedarmpster
    Cupcake Dec 9, 2014

Kedarmpster , Dec 9, 2014 :
    Yes, whatever protection my OPO got was definitely because of OnePlus' packaging. Amazon simply covered it up with a brown box which was not stiff at all. There wasn't any usual bubble wrap either. That said, my product was untampered whatsoever. Anyway it's Amazon Fulfilled - you should be good even in the rare case that your product came tampered.

krshnaan likes this.
  12. Isharr
    Honeycomb Dec 9, 2014

Isharr , Dec 9, 2014 :
    Amazon sucked big time in packaging .
    "Isse aachi packing toh Mithai ki dukaan vaala karte hai
    :p"

Last edited: Dec 12, 2014

13. Paarkhi

14. sandeeppathak007

15. karthik.nano
    Gingerbread Dec 9, 2014

16. bilhil
    Froyo Dec 11, 2014

bilhil , Dec 11, 2014 :
    totally crap packaging for a 22k worth item.........F**K U Amazon.

17. krshnaan
    Honeycomb Dec 12, 2014

krshnaan , Dec 12, 2014 :
    For what it's worth, Amazon could have done better. Dont know if they're listening. The packing itself seemed awkward and makes stacking tricky. Bubble wrap/air bags in a regular box would be a quick fix. Packing designed for the OPO would be a more permanant solution.. but who's listening

18. ChaitanyaR
    Froyo Dec 12, 2014

ChaitanyaR , Dec 12, 2014 :
    I was shocked when I got my opo. The box was in a weird shape, all stretched and deformed. When I opened the box I found 2 boxes, opo and its charge with 2 deflated air bags....I mean wow! Are you kidding me ?

19. CosmicPaladin
    Jelly Bean Dec 12, 2014

CosmicPaladin , Dec 12, 2014 :
    right said! FK has phenomenal packaging ... they do high quality bubble wraps, air packs, tiny to big cartons and all in liberal quantities! :cool: .. at times its hard to throw away all that high quality packagin material ! LOL :p:D

20. CosmicPaladin
    Jelly Bean Dec 12, 2014

CosmicPaladin , Dec 12, 2014 :
    LMFAO! well said bro :D

Isharr likes this.