POLL: Are you happy with the dimensions?

?

Are you upset about the OnePlus One's size?

1. Yes. I actually believed in a smaller body à la Xperia Z1. That's what they promised.

61.0%
  2. No. I don't mind the Note 3 size.

39.0%
  1. ozi2007
    Froyo Apr 23, 2014

ozi2007 , Apr 23, 2014 :
    Hey guys,

Just wanted to know how many of you are upset about the 5.5 inch display phone packed into a 5.7 inch Galaxy Note 3 body. Heck, it's even taller than the Note 3!

OnePlus One: 152,9 x 75,9 x 8,9 mm

Note 3: 151,2 x 79,2 x 8,3 mm

[​IMG]

I am. Especially since there was that promise about packing it into a Xperia Z1 body. And let's not forget about the "oh so authentic" image of the Xperia Z1 with the comment that there actually was a OnePlus One under that Xperia Z1.

Quote form @Pete : So, why not fit a 5.5” screen into a 5.0” handset? After a lot of trial and error, our engineers figured it out. Need proof? Believe it or not, there’s a OnePlus One under that Sony Xperia Z1, a 5” screen phone that many people have said great things about.

https://forums.oneplus.net/threads/the-oneplus-one-screen-bright-sharp-and-power-efficient.370/

Right now I'm furious and totally upset. One of the main reasons for my anticipation for the OPO was the face that there would be a 5.5 inch display in a relatively tiny body. And now.. It's all gone.

All those hours and effort in the forum and the anticipation could have been spent much better. Gosh, I probably spent more time here in the forum than at University in the last two months. And at the end it was for nothing.

I do understand that there's a big Chinese/Asian market for phablet sized smartphones. But people in Europe and North America tend to prefer smaller handsets.

I thought OnePlus was about never settling. Apparently that was a false assumption. I would pay you guys 500 bucks if you could have managed putting the components in a actual Xperia Z1 sized body.

You still have my honor for making such a great device. Specs and price wise it's superb. But you lost me at the broken promise about the size.

At the end of the day we're here to help the OnePlus team. We've supported them for so long and at first glance it seems like the phone is too big. But maybe there's a way to prove me wrong. Maybe it's easy to handle and possibly it fits in every jeans pocket.

If I happen to win in the Smash your phone contest I am willing to write an article about its size based on a day to day use experience. Maybe it turns out to be okay. So stay tuned.

Let me know what you guys here in the forum think.

Until then, goodbye OnePlus One.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2014

2. xernobyl
    Eclair Apr 23, 2014

xernobyl , Apr 23, 2014 :
    I kind of agree with this, still might get one for the price though. It seems impossible to find a sub €300 phone with good specs and a small volume.

3. Xanoxis
    Honeycomb Apr 23, 2014

Xanoxis , Apr 23, 2014 :
    Well, I have I5500 now, that has 2.8', so 5.5 will be a blessing for me. I really want to get an invite, and I hope they send them to all Europe countries.

notevenaverage likes this.
  4. Jumpman23
    Honeycomb Apr 23, 2014

Jumpman23 , Apr 23, 2014 :
    Furious? Really? Lmao. Relax brah

5. Funktafide
    Honeycomb Apr 23, 2014

Funktafide , Apr 23, 2014 :
    I was hoping it would be smaller than the Z1, but the phone looks sick even being a little bigger...Can't beat that price either for an unlocked 64GB phone.

6. ozi2007
    Froyo Apr 23, 2014

ozi2007 , Apr 23, 2014 :
    Yup, I'm gonna eat a shark right now.No, jk. But it's frustrating.

GuiltyNL, Japultra and jamalie4 like this.
  7. Jumpman23
    Honeycomb Apr 23, 2014

Jumpman23 , Apr 23, 2014 :
    Just gotta put it all in perspective brotha.

And like that other dude said, where else can you find an unlocked phone with all these goodies for the price :)

8. Deactivated User
    Apr 23, 2014

9. zaunAIR
    Honeycomb Apr 23, 2014

Endgame.Architecture likes this.
  10. OZKny
    Gingerbread Apr 23, 2014

OZKny , Apr 23, 2014 :
    Yeah I get where you are coming from. Especially since it was touted as one of the really nice aspects of the phone. That and the screen to body ratio being better than the N5, which I'm not sure that it is. But the pricing really goes a long way towards changing my mind. Especially since I had been consisting a larger device for some time.

Deactivated User likes this.
  11. ozi2007
    Froyo Apr 23, 2014

ozi2007 , Apr 23, 2014 :
    Absolutely. I just can't believe how close they were to making the perfect smartphone. The One. And when I found out about the dimensions all my dreams were shattered. And I know that's not the case for everyone. But for me the size is a no-go.

12. MausV93
    Donut Apr 23, 2014

MausV93 , Apr 23, 2014 :
    I do understand the fact that some people don't like it that the actual size of the phone is bigger than expected, however I do not see so much of a problem between 5" and 5,5".
    And I must say that the price of this phone really surprised me (in a good way), so I don't mind the extra carrying space which is needed in my pocket ;)

13. G.Mc.Os
    Honeycomb Apr 23, 2014

G.Mc.Os , Apr 23, 2014 :
    the phone specs are amazing , but i 'm not sure if i wanna jump into a phablet rather than a smartphone ...

hryusha likes this.
  14. MausV93
    Donut Apr 23, 2014

MausV93 , Apr 23, 2014 :
    I do understand the fact that some people don't like it that the actual size of the phone is bigger than expected, however I do not see so much of a problem between 5" and 5,5".
    And I must say that the price of this phone really surprised me (in a good way), so I don't mind the extra carrying space which is needed in my pocket ;)

15. pdiddles
    Apr 23, 2014

pdiddles , Apr 23, 2014 :
    The phone is 6 inches long. A half foot long phone. A subway sandwich! Its a phablet not a phone.

16. marcrom
    Eclair Apr 23, 2014

marcrom , Apr 23, 2014 :
    I would buy it if it were available in my country, but the dimensions gave the next LG flagship a fighting chance to me at least.

17. helly03
    Cupcake Apr 23, 2014

helly03 , Apr 23, 2014 :
    I totally agree!

m.dewan and Deactivated User like this.
  18. Japultra
    Honeycomb Apr 23, 2014

Japultra , Apr 23, 2014 :
    It hardly matters how much the phone costs if it's difficult to carry around everyday - not everyone's lifestyle can accommodate a phablet sized device.

19. RensBlom
    Honeycomb Apr 23, 2014

RensBlom , Apr 23, 2014 :
    Well, the said it's smaller than an 5" Xperia Z1. But, it's bigger than an 5,7" Note III. You understand?

GuiltyNL, Zecks1973 and nebsif like this.
  20. mlgrm
    Cupcake Apr 23, 2014

mlgrm , Apr 23, 2014 :
    there's no fraud in that picture. it's just a question of perspective. if the photo was taken from closer than about 45cm, the perspective could easily cover the extra 2mm in width. and you should have known it would be longer, or they would have shown the whole thing.

i think this is legitimate, honest marketing. and nicely done, at that.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2014

Kaerper and logikk like this.