POLL: Are you happy with the dimensions?

?

Are you upset about the OnePlus One's size?

1. Yes. I actually believed in a smaller body à la Xperia Z1. That's what they promised.

61.0%
  2. No. I don't mind the Note 3 size.

39.0%
  1. Tazz
    Ice Cream Sandwich Apr 23, 2014

Tazz , Apr 23, 2014 :
    I really don't mind the size, I'll just have to dish out a few extra dollars for a case that makes it well to hold

2. D. Brown
    Froyo Apr 23, 2014

D. Brown , Apr 23, 2014 :
    Like I wrote before :

I think the need to address "there fact" concerning the size of the handset... If they respect us (consumer ; potential customers) they will answer the question with an explanation.

My thoughts on the matter... My wish if they value me as the future customer they want me to be.

3. Peter Krull

Peter Krull , Apr 23, 2014 :
    This^ Would like some things different, but these guys can get away with some minor design flaws or whatever because the phone is so darn cheap! When i pay 5-700$ for a phone, I want it to be perfect; completely flawless! But for a powerhouse for 350$? I can live with little things!;)

4. robyk01
    Donut Apr 23, 2014

robyk01 , Apr 23, 2014 :
    The z1 is 73.9 x 144.4 The opo is 75.9 x152.9. So, at the end it's just 8 mm longer.
    To me was clear that on the cut side of the picture the opo was visible...1 inch more is about 25mm.
    The phone is impressive I will buy it as soon as possible.
    Hope the new opo model will be the opo 1 mini...5", to accomodate all!

5. ozi2007
    Froyo Apr 23, 2014

ozi2007 , Apr 23, 2014 :
    That's what she said :p

HushH and AngelArs like this.
  6. UnK
    Gingerbread Apr 23, 2014

UnK , Apr 23, 2014 :
    Ok, let me correct the twit from OnePlus:
    "Wait a few more days and you will find out how we managet to integrate a 5.5" screen into a 5.5" handset"
    Dimensions of OPO are bigger than Z1 that's the fact and it's similar to Note 3

7. Gorynytj
    Lollipop Apr 23, 2014

Gorynytj , Apr 23, 2014 :
    It's alright, wanted a bit smaller. But the bang for the buck is irresistable ;)

8. AngelArs

AngelArs , Apr 23, 2014 :
    Everyone already knew that on the day the picture was posted. So again, where's this huge "lie" at? :rolleyes:

9. Kaiserben
    Froyo Apr 23, 2014

Kaiserben , Apr 23, 2014 :
    They announced a 5.5" screen in a 5" handset. It's in fact a phablet. Samsung fits a 5.7" screen in the same size as the opo.

End of the story, this is pure bullshit.

Japultra, ozi2007 and Renovatio like this.
  10. UnK
    Gingerbread Apr 23, 2014

UnK , Apr 23, 2014 :
    OnePlus didn't say if the renders were true or not. The twit I posted before was that day and they still hold the idea of a "5.5" screen into a 5" handset"

11. AngelArs

AngelArs , Apr 23, 2014 :
    They "announced" nothing. They asked a question, and the Sony IS a 5" phone. Try again.

That is only your opinion. Many people like the size. If you don't then stop whining and move on. Simple.

HushH likes this.
  12. Mark Falsing
    Moderator Moderator Apr 23, 2014

Mark Falsing , Apr 23, 2014 :
    The dimensions were as expected for me. I had a feeling that it would be somewhat similiar to the Find7, and when the dimensions for the Find7 came out then it wasn't hard to figure out the OnePlus One would pretty much be the same, escpecially with Oppo manufacturing for OnePlus.
    I have a 6" phablet with the Vivo Xplay 3S right now, and believe me, you get used to the size very very quickly.
    But I understand if people were expecting a smaller phone are upset, because their smartphone dream just got smashed, but on the flip side where are you going to get a phone with those specs for that Price??

HushH likes this.
  13. UnK
    Gingerbread Apr 23, 2014

UnK , Apr 23, 2014 :
    Please read this: http://forums.oneplus.net/threads/the-oneplus-one-screen-bright-sharp-and-power-efficient.370/ and then tell me what are they announcing

When we first started our journey, we thought users wanted a 5” screen, as it tends to be most people’s reported comfort limit when holding a device. At the same time, other users have been demanding larger screens, so we also understood a bigger screen offers users a better experience when it comes to reading, watching videos and gaming. So, why not fit a 5.5” screen into a 5.0” handset? After a lot of trial and error, our engineers figured it out. Need proof? Believe it or not, there’s a OnePlus One under that Sony Xperia Z1, a 5” screen phone that many people have said great things about.

The OnePlus One has one of the best screen/front space ratios on the market. This, coupled with the slim body and tapered edges, makes the device easy to operate with one hand.

Yes yes ofc the same space ratios than the LG G2...

Don't be wrong I'm not saying that the OPO is not a good phone, I like it a lot but they don't told us the truth about the size just to increase the hype

Last edited: Apr 23, 2014

Japultra likes this.
  14. tidusuk123
    Cupcake Apr 23, 2014

tidusuk123 , Apr 23, 2014 :
    To be honest the OnePlus One has a much thinner waist then most, if not all phablets. This will probably make it easy to handle while enjoying a large screen. I work in the mobile phone industry and many customers are choosing large screen phones, particularly the Galaxy Note 2.

Most flagships this year have large screens - The Xperia Z2 (5.2"), the Galaxy S5 (5.1") and so on. Personally I feel a 5.5" screen is trending the right way. I'd much rather have a 5.5" screen than a 5". The extra space is perfect for web browsing and watching videos.

I'm sure in the future OnePlus will release phones with smaller dimensions for those that prefer smaller devices. In the meantime let's get behind this company. They are trying to enter a difficult and congested market - and there aren't many other phone manufacturers that are offering amazing specifications at such low prices. Competition will only drive down prices and improve technology - this only benefits us right?

And for all the people complaining - if you were offered a 64GB OnePlus One right now for £269 would you still buy one? I think we all know the answer to that.

I certainly will buy One! Very excited.

15. mdmola
    Froyo Apr 23, 2014

mdmola , Apr 23, 2014 :
    Having choice is the best way to go. You have your regular sized phones that you can use with one hand and talk with easily without looking goofy. Then you have your phablet size which are try to bring a tablet-lite experience on a device that has phone functionality. Therefore it's a device as big and slim as possible that's able to technically fit in a pant pocket, but sucks for one handed use unless you have big hands. Last, you have your small tablets, which offer the best screen size for portability media consumption because if it's bigger screen, longer battery, and light weight.

If you or others care about having bigger sized phones in general, just buy a ******* tablet then. They make plenty of great 7 inch ones that easily provide a superior experience in media cosumption and productivity. I own a Nexus 7 and use it for that precise reason.

16. Radeon962
    KitKat Apr 23, 2014

Radeon962 , Apr 23, 2014 :
    From Androidandme which states they pulled the info from OnePlus forums from a month ago:

Lau went on to say that OnePlus managed to squeeze that 5.5-inch screen into a body that’s the same size as a phone with a 5-inch screen. He then pointed to the image below, teasing that the OnePlus One is hiding under that Sony Xperia Z1, which features a 5-inch screen and measures 5.68 x 2.90 x 0.33 inches in size.

http://androidandme.com/2014/03/news/oneplus-one-display-officially-detailed-by-ceo/

I took that as the OnePlus having dimensions smaller than the Z1. It is what it is and I still plan on buying one if I can get an invite as its nearly the same size as my Note 3 which is OK with me.

Somewhat disappointed as I had hoped for a smaller body as the Note 3 borders on being too big as does the OnePlus but it is a small price to pay for everything else that you are getting.

I can understand all of the users frustrated though with the actual final product based on how information or lack of information has been filtered to members on this forum.

There are lots of choices out there so time to move on if the OnePlus does not fit your needs.

17. Kaiserben
    Froyo Apr 24, 2014

Kaiserben , Apr 24, 2014 :
    I Will fanboy. The one was just released today so I'm Just giving my opinion on an ex expected phone for which they settled with the truth.

And yes it's a phablet. If you like phablet size then good for you. But looking at the results of the poll most of the people are really disappointed. Everybody was expecting some smaller than this. Xo

18. nsyedhasan
    Froyo Apr 24, 2014

nsyedhasan , Apr 24, 2014 :
    I don't mind it. I like being able to have a bigger phone. I don;t mind it also because is slightly thinner than the note.

19. chilman408
    Donut Apr 24, 2014

chilman408 , Apr 24, 2014 :
    This fiasco on the size just killed my desire to buy anything from OnePlus.

It isn't about the size.

As an engineer myself, I hold specifications very much black and white. This incident, in my opinion, is a blatant distortion of the truth.

I rather pay a bit more money to buy from more reputable brands.

D. Brown likes this.
  20. Azkendrick
    Honeycomb Apr 24, 2014

Azkendrick , Apr 24, 2014 :
    I understand that some people are upset that the phone is larger than anticipated. Step back for minute and realize that the camera competes with entry-level DSLR's, available with 64GB memory, it's unlocked, has top of the line specs and costs $299-$349. It's still only a tad bigger than the Galaxy S5. So stop crying and start buying already.