POLL: Are you happy with the dimensions?

?

Are you upset about the OnePlus One's size?

1. Yes. I actually believed in a smaller body à la Xperia Z1. That's what they promised.

61.0%
  2. No. I don't mind the Note 3 size.

39.0%
  1. PoorTester
    Eclair Apr 24, 2014

PoorTester , Apr 24, 2014 :
    I had a Galaxy Note 3 and after a month, I have sold it to buy a LG G2. The size is excellent for multimedia but unfortunately in real life it's juste a little too big...

The 1+1 is more rounded, maybe it will be easier to use it... and the price ladies and gentlemen... OMG!!!

LastSun and Johnx like this.
  2. pdiddles
    Apr 24, 2014

pdiddles , Apr 24, 2014 :
    If I offered you a phone for $299 with even better specs than the One and it was 10" long and I claimed it felt like a 5" phone would you be OMG-ing?!

3. Johnx
    Cupcake Apr 24, 2014

Johnx , Apr 24, 2014 :
    The price is wonderfull

4. RHaus
    Donut Apr 24, 2014

RHaus , Apr 24, 2014 :
    I guess most of the former comments are true... People are indeed upset about that marketing lie but many are going to buy it anyways because of the honestly phenomenal price tag. I'm not really sure atm as I was really looking forward to an efficient use of brezel size.

LastSun likes this.
  5. LastSun
    Donut Apr 24, 2014

LastSun , Apr 24, 2014 :
    Well now after watching Marques Brownlee video , even he is excited I see such reaction for first time at 4:47.. and reading about design here at forums, that it will be curved like, I believe it will be really great to hold and utilize that awesome big screen, in same handling level as 5 incher due to better ergonomics and shape.

Yet some folks been awaiting some more 5 inch like, I believe the size isn't really a reason to hold off, unless you want something even smaller than 5 inches.

Cuz not just by the price vs what you get value this phone stands out, in my opinion it would be my best choise among other flagships even if priced as one for 610$+ unlocked, due the great team and filozophy behind, due the excellent product they made, Cyanogen mode, special build for One, best specs, great camera, quality, good quality made, can even personalize via really awesome of own regard covers, not just regular colorful plastic ones.

*I am ok with little bigger than 5 incher size, due to ergonomic build which I think can provide even better holding and handling, at least I hope so, and trust OnePlus team that they did it right.
    *Only thing what is holding me off now is the money, don't have now yet, but will earn and gather resources in Summer or maybe faster if possible.
    *Only missing features are:
    1) Micro SD card expansion slot, yet they offer 64GB and it will be plenty enough, yet will make organise my storage time to time, cuz I do listen to lot music & take alot camera pictures, plus games.
    2) Micro-USB 3.0, not issue at all, just spot for future growth.
    3) IN BOX only device+usb cable? Just like Moto g? Well ok, for the price I guess. but would be nice to buy original OnePlus made and non third party seperatelly then.
    Custom OnePlus(with partners) made bluetooth headphones would be also nice option, would buy such accessory for till 60$/€ if same decent design language and functionality with quality for price.

But any other wise, for me it does match my expectations of what phone I want to get for this time being and I have settled with the OnePlus One.

6. razorvlades
    Eclair Apr 24, 2014

7. deom2i
    Eclair Apr 25, 2014

deom2i , Apr 25, 2014 :
    5.5'' will just do fine....phone screens where single line LCD few years ago:oops:...its just the world is moving to bigger,better,brighter screens.
    How does it fair watching 4K recording on a 4.0'' screen?? It looks way better on bigger screen.
    We might say we don't want SUV, we just need a sedan because its easy to park. Mind you, the SUV comes with parking sensors too:p...new tech...and you get SUV for the price of sedano_O...Grab it:cool:!!

Last edited: Apr 27, 2014

LastSun likes this.
  8. ANDANY
    Ice Cream Sandwich Apr 29, 2014

9. dantheman0
    Eclair Apr 29, 2014

dantheman0 , Apr 29, 2014 :
    Same. The size doesn't bother me when you consider the rest of the package.

10. thisguysayswht

thisguysayswht , Apr 29, 2014 :
    With these specs as long as it fits in my pocket, and I can get it sometime before June, I'll be happy.

11. thisguysayswht

thisguysayswht , Apr 29, 2014 :
    I personally would pick one up, a 10in android device with these specs would be quite nice actually. And at only 299... I'd buy it in a heartbeat (might not be my actual cell phone tho lol) OMG 10in high end tab for 299. Count me in...

12. benwalburn
    Froyo Apr 29, 2014

13. HolySmokesBatty
    Froyo Apr 29, 2014

HolySmokesBatty , Apr 29, 2014 :
    31 posts. Lawl.

14. shaneaus
    Donut Apr 29, 2014

shaneaus , Apr 29, 2014 :
    I'm really disappointed in the size... I like the 4.7-5" size... To me the Nexus 5 is the perfect size... This is just a little too big...

That having been said - I will most likely purchase it anyway - simply, because the price is so awesome... And, the custom Cyanogenmod with the active listening feature... I really want that!

15. ozi2007
    Froyo May 16, 2014

ozi2007 , May 16, 2014 :
    Lol, how dare you. Mister "I'm the president of the United States" :p

16. HolySmokesBatty
    Froyo May 16, 2014

HolySmokesBatty , May 16, 2014 :
    Because that A) makes sense B) won't get you reported for misconduct.

ozi2007 likes this.
  17. ozi2007
    Froyo May 16, 2014

ozi2007 , May 16, 2014 :
    Changed it. Was a bit too harsh for a joke, my bad

18. Megaman
    Gingerbread May 16, 2014

Megaman , May 16, 2014 :
    The size is ok to me. 5 inches would have been better but I´m a tall guy so it fits for me ;)

19. jeff1
    Honeycomb May 16, 2014

20. Haverholm
    Honeycomb May 16, 2014

Haverholm , May 16, 2014 :
    It's very confusing, that you ask one question in the title and another one in the poll. I would answer "Yes" to the title and "No" to the actual question asked in the poll. This is quite an obvious source of error, and makes this poll useless. I'm not saying that these kinds of poll are much use anyway, but this one is even less use than normal ;)