POLL: Are you happy with the dimensions?

?

Are you upset about the OnePlus One's size?

1. Yes. I actually believed in a smaller body à la Xperia Z1. That's what they promised.

61.0%
  2. No. I don't mind the Note 3 size.

39.0%
  1. gerardvanschip
    Honeycomb Apr 23, 2014

gerardvanschip , Apr 23, 2014 :
    Just curious, seeing I have not followed all of their posts, only found out about the phone a few days ago. Did they say Z1 or did they mean the Z1 Ultra as the ultra is the HUGE versions of the Z1?

2. dBm
    Jelly Bean Apr 23, 2014

dBm , Apr 23, 2014 :
    ...the problem is, they literally didn't promise that it'd be smaller than a Z1. They implied it, yes, but they never said it. Do note how the photo omitted the bottom of the two phones.

Yeah.

Misleading picture, but anyone should've been able to figure out the implications of their cropping. :v

3. dBm
    Jelly Bean Apr 23, 2014

dBm , Apr 23, 2014 :
    As for the size itself, I'm fine with it. Narrower and thinner than a Note II, and the tallness isn't a bug problem or anything! (Though I am a little bit annoyed, TBH. Would've been cool, even if impractical, to go for super-narrow top and bottom bezels. Like, sub-centimetre narrow.)

4. KyleVPirate
    Ice Cream Sandwich Apr 23, 2014

KyleVPirate , Apr 23, 2014 :
    I've seen the Note 3 and have used it and its not a major discomfort. I don't have small hands to be exact so its not much of a bother, but what really disappointed me was the lie they used, the false marketing. The betrayal in lying to us that it was a 5.5 inch phone in a 5 inch body.

5. Japultra
    Honeycomb Apr 23, 2014

Japultra , Apr 23, 2014 :
    Except that they did. They didn't imply it. They said it. Check out Carl's post in Announcements announcing the screen.

6. dBm
    Jelly Bean Apr 23, 2014

dBm , Apr 23, 2014 :
    They didn't directly say that it would be smaller than an Xperia Z1. They said that it'd be the size of a 5" phone, and showed a picture that demonstrated that it'd only be a millimetre or two wider than a Z1. "The size of a 5" phone" is a useless metric, anyways. You can argue semantics about what a 5" phone is forever, TBH.

7. ozi2007
    Froyo Apr 23, 2014

ozi2007 , Apr 23, 2014 :
    The regular Z1 :) I guess you could fit a 7 inch display into the Z1 Ultra. That thing shouldn't be considered a sphablet. It's rather a tablet.

8. Renovatio
    Gingerbread Apr 23, 2014

9. freeranger
    Gingerbread Apr 23, 2014

freeranger , Apr 23, 2014 :
    I'd rather they'd have made it a couple mm wider and put in a 5.7 inch screen. At least get some use out of that monstrous length...

10. gerardvanschip
    Honeycomb Apr 23, 2014

gerardvanschip , Apr 23, 2014 :
    Yeah, buddy of mine offered me one real cheap, I went to the store to try it out but the insane size makes it impossible to handle with one hand. Right now I have a Sharp with 5inch screen which is no problem at all.

11. nickh8su

nickh8su , Apr 23, 2014 :
    yeah this poll was tricky

yes i hate it
    no i love it

it was kinda backwards

12. ilmanzi
    Cupcake Apr 23, 2014

13. krelletromle
    Gingerbread Apr 23, 2014

14. BrendanO
    Gingerbread Apr 23, 2014

BrendanO , Apr 23, 2014 :
    I honestly like the large size of the phone. I have very large hands, so this works out even better for me. I understand though how some people are a little upset by the picture they put our earlier, with the One under the Sony. For me, this makes no difference.

15. Neil McCluney
    Jelly Bean Apr 23, 2014

Neil McCluney , Apr 23, 2014 :
    To be honest, height isn't really a concern and width is only slightly above Z1 which I think is fine having owned one, plus the curved back really helps.... 5.5" is phablet size so I don't know why people are complaining..... That tech has to go somewhere

16. heyria
    Froyo Apr 23, 2014

heyria , Apr 23, 2014 :
    i'm ecstatic with the size. glad it's a bigger phone. i have a phone w 4" and i do not like it. in the month i had a 5.5" screen, i got so used to the size and heft that i'd like the same screen size again. i have small hands but man i do not like small screens.

17. irishrally
    Honeycomb Apr 23, 2014

irishrally , Apr 23, 2014 :
    Everyone that voted "No" gets an invite. Those that voted "Yes" can pound sand.

The smaller width and curved design will make the One feel a lot smaller when holding it compared to the Note 3.

The dimensions should come as no surprise. OP used the same exact marketing spiel, 5.5" in 5", as OPPO did for the Find 7 and we all knew those dimensions. They were referencing that the Find 7 would be as narrow as some 5" phones so it will feel as small as a 5" device in your hand.

18. Lolodu56
    Donut Apr 23, 2014

19. hauspro
    Donut Apr 23, 2014

20. AngelArs

AngelArs , Apr 23, 2014 :
    They never "promised" anything. They posted a picture. Big differance ;)

Lolodu56 likes this.