[POLL] Do you want Oxygen OS 11 launcher on Oxygen OS 12?

?

Do you want Oxygen OS 11 launcher on Oxygen OS 12?

1. Yes

2. No

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. sweggitity
    Ice Cream Sandwich Dec 11, 2021

sweggitity , Dec 11, 2021 :
    The new OOS 12 update that arrived on OnePlus 9 series turned out to be a disaster, the most off putting addition to the new OS was removal of Original Oxygen OS launcher and replacing it with a modified version of Oppo's Color OS launcher and renaming it to Oxygen OS Launcher. This makes OnePlus lose it's distinctive look and feel, furthermore most people liked how Oxygen OS launcher operated. Here are some things I found peculiar coming from Oxygen OS launcher.

1. "Show app names" can't be hidden for desktop only, hiding it will either hide it both in drawer and desktop.
    2. 3rd party icons doesn't seamlessly apply to unsupported icons (OOS 11 Screenshot 1.1 and OOS 12 Screenshot 1.2)
    3. Scout search is missing from the app drawer search bar, it moved to shelf.
    4. Google News Feed page can't be disabled
    5. Swipe down gesture to close the app drawer doesn't work when the gesture is too fast
    6. Google News Feed page is scaled up, makes everything look 150% scale (Screenshot 1.3).
    7. Lack of consistency is app icon size and font size, either it gets too big or small
    8. Close all does not close all apps, keeps the current app active. (Most of us want "Close all" to close all apps)
    9. "Your phone is in the best condition" we don't want that reminder all the time
    10. "Close all" shouldn't appear when there is no app in the multitask pane.
    11. App Drawer lacks simplicity, with the addition of "All apps", "Manage" and Alphabets on the side makes everything looks cluttered and give the app drawer no distinctive look or feel.
    12. Last and not the least, it lacks aesthetics, precision, organisation, and feel.
    What do you think? Should OnePlus release the next update with Oxygen OS launcher? or is it beating around the bush to even try to give our opinions?

upload_2021-12-11_17-39-30.png

upload_2021-12-11_17-39-42.png

upload_2021-12-11_17-39-49.png

Last edited: Dec 11, 2021

2. ronyjohn01
    Honeycomb Dec 11, 2021

NANIIIII, DmR_One, Midhun_k and 5 others like this.
  3. maxdp661
    Froyo Dec 11, 2021

maxdp661 , via OnePlus 9 Pro , Dec 11, 2021 :
    I think we all want the original OxygenOS back as it's supposed to be, close to stock with thought out enhancements.

Very scared of what direction OnePlus is going in right now.

4. sweggitity

I don't think they would bring back Oxygen OS launcher, if they do, they could bring it to the Unified OS. Complaining or even giving opinion is useless, OnePlus is truly dead.

NANIIIII and G_Michał_M_Bekb like this.
  5. sweggitity

Everyone has the same thoughts, but Oppo had other plans, the Unified OS is supposed to launch with OP 10 series, so let's see what that brings. Time to move to Google Pixel

James 007, shra181 and maxdp661 like this.
  6. eddyros
    Ice Cream Sandwich Writers' Club Dec 11, 2021

eddyros , Dec 11, 2021 :
    A12, as well as OOS 12, are big updates and, as much of big updates they can display bugs or glitches. just give them the opportunity to develop OS listening community advice. OP has been famous for his smooth and fast software, I've noticed many OOS11 bugs solved with OOS12 so don't be scared and be panic! Maybe the next updates will be greater!

Betaboom and maxdp661 like this.
  7. G_Michał_M_Bekb
    Froyo Dec 11, 2021

G_Michał_M_Bekb , Dec 11, 2021 :
    What is this poll actual purpose? OxygenOS 12 stable has been released and we got ColorOS launcher. OxygenOS launcher is dead.

RevidFfum likes this.
  8. RevidFfum
    Gingerbread Dec 11, 2021

RevidFfum , via OnePlus 9 Pro Pine Green , Dec 11, 2021 :
    Pointless poll, not a dig, OP is not suddenly going to change the direction and bring back OOS.

Close all but leave one app open is a stupid feature. What practical reason or use would this be? This cant be an OS limitation, so someone actually thought it was a good idea... this is the type of thinking your going against in even trying to somehow resurrect OSS.

9. sweggitity
    Ice Cream Sandwich Dec 12, 2021

sweggitity , Dec 12, 2021 :
    Don't think they care about listening to the community, as if the community asked Oxygen OS to be axed out, yes it is true some OOS 11 bugs got squished by OOS 12 update, but OOS 12 brought it's own set of bugs.

10. sweggitity

sweggitity , via OnePlus 9 Pro , Dec 12, 2021 :
    But OnePlus can keep the original Oxygen OS launcher, and it's possible we have seen this on rooted devices with systemless Magisk modules of Oxygen OS launcher. Perhaps in the next future iteration of the OS, they can do that.

11. sweggitity

sweggitity , via OnePlus 9 Pro , Dec 12, 2021 :
    What is the point of this community? Share who got the most prettiest phone case? OnePlus is a dead meat now, really doesn't care what the opinion of the masses are. Color OS is there that's fine, but at least bring the Oxygen OS launcher in it.

5l4rtysCell, ronyjohn01 and RevidFfum like this.
  12. G_Michał_M_Bekb , via OnePlus 9 Pro , Dec 12, 2021 :
    They apparently don't willing to do that. So discussion is pointless, decision has been made

13. RevidFfum
    Gingerbread Dec 12, 2021

RevidFfum , via OnePlus 9 Pro Pine Green , Dec 12, 2021 :

Raffles?

14. Ashwani369
    Donut Dec 12, 2021

15. sweggitity

sweggitity , Dec 12, 2021 :
    The amount of raffle points i have accumulated over this time, ought to come in some use. The community is transitioning to some sort of social media scrap.

Pradeepkumar282 and otto2 like this.
  16. Cheongbcd

Cheongbcd , via OnePlus 9R Carbon Black , Dec 12, 2021 :
    Can someone let me know if the Ring & Notification volume toggle is separated in 12? I know ColorOS has that in my spouse's Find X2 Pro....this is one thing I like in which OxygenOS doesn't have for the longest time ..

17. G_Michał_M_Bekb , via OnePlus 9 Pro , Dec 13, 2021 :
    Yes, separated

18. Cheongbcd
    Ice Cream Sandwich Dec 13, 2021

19. TibiTibi
    Photography Expert Community Expert Dec 13, 2021

TibiTibi , Dec 13, 2021 :
    Hi
    @sweggitity

Hint:

Did you tried to install alternative launcher?
    Maybe you can try to find and install the version from A11.

Android offers alternatives. I know many people did not want to replace the provided apps. But when there is something better, compatible with more customization and less bugs why not to try?

About "not listening".
    This is a community of members like you and me.
    This kind of thread not often reach the audience you maybe wanted. You should use the feedback tool to report issues or provide ideas. Then you can create a thread where you can provide links to your feedbacks to discuss them and members can vote for your feedback

Also this forum it is not a standard wishing well from tales where you can wish three things and it will become fulfilled asap or next morning.
    Things are planned. Some decisions are made many many months earlier.

Tip.
    If there is a workaround use the workaround.

otto2 and Liehjan like this.
  20. sweggitity
    Ice Cream Sandwich Dec 13, 2021

sweggitity , Dec 13, 2021 :
    If alternative launchers worked, why would I create a fuss about the current launcher? If you are aware of how Android works past Android 10, gestures doesn't work properly with 3rd party launchers seamlessly, you will notice lot of glitches, and it lacks smoothness. So a 3rd party launcher is off the list, have tried many, because of how Google made things. Oxygen OS launcher was fine the way it was, no one asked for the introduction of Color OS launcher, if everything about the OS is Color OS, sure it is fine, but at least add the features that were on the original Oxygen OS launcher.
    Pretty well aware of how things works in the forums, but you think I haven't tried the 'Feedback'? nothings comes to it, it is as useless as beating a dead horse. I ain't asking things to come ASAP, but acknowledge what the users wants, take your 'months' just how Oxygen OS 12 took, which is more stable than iOS that it won awards for being the best OS of 2021 (Sarcasm). If things are planned in OnePlus with organization, then imma the President of USA.
    Sorry for the toxic rant, have a good day ahead, and best wishes.

Last edited: Dec 13, 2021