[Poll] How do you set down your phone when you're not holding it?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nicole Q.
    Brand Person Jul 28, 2016

Nicole Q. , Jul 28, 2016 :
    Dear friends,

I recently noticed that I have some small habits that I was never aware of. For example, I always drive on the 2nd lane on the left side of the road. Even Albie, she only turns to the left for no reason...

Discovering these weird, unnoticeable habits could be so much fun that I couldn't even make a stop. Therefore, I'm bringing in the vibe to the forums today with a quick poll learning how you normally set down your phone when you're not holding it.

Complete the form here now and leave a comment! One lucky user will be chosen to win a special-made gift bag ;)

2. pablofg1978
    Spanish POC Assistant Head Moderator Jul 28, 2016

3. jkb114
    Lollipop Jul 28, 2016

jkb114 , Jul 28, 2016 :
    Wow this was unexpected
    EDIT: Form Completed
    I can't believe that we are being asked this. What's this for? What have you got planned? Hmmmmmm????

Last edited: Jul 28, 2016

4. youbi
    Portuguese POC Assistant Head Moderator Jul 28, 2016

youbi , Jul 28, 2016 :
    I don't remember any weird habits I might have. :neutral: :sweatsmile: But if they are unnoticeable maybe I'm not aware of them. :fearscream::sweatsmile: :tearsofjoy:

Ok, I do have one, its hanging out here on this community since 2014. :sweatsmile::tearsofjoy:

Edit: Form done.

I was thinking it would have more questions. :sweatsmile: I usually leave the phone always with the screen up. But the truth is that now with my android wear watch I don't really have that need anymore since the notifications appear on the watch. But I guess that's an old habit. :sweatsmile:

Why are you asking for this? Any plans for using the amoled screen "powers" for giving us some always on info?!? :tonguewink::grimacing:

Last edited: Jul 28, 2016

gaster, keithnyc, josefn24 and 9 others like this.
  5. EdLikesBeds
    Gingerbread Jul 28, 2016

EdLikesBeds , Jul 28, 2016 :
    I cringe if I have the backside up. Just thinking of having the screen on a surface gives me shivers.

6. Laamapalmu
    Jelly Bean Jul 28, 2016

Laamapalmu , Jul 28, 2016 :
    Screen side up when putting on to a table, and screen directed to skin when putting to a pocket.

7. Rick Manders
    Community Veteran Jul 28, 2016

8. TakeMyMoney
    KitKat Jul 28, 2016

Gonzo01 likes this.
  9. Wahoux
    Lollipop Jul 28, 2016

STRichard, TheWired, tosandip and 2 others like this.
  10. mort_
    Gingerbread Jul 28, 2016

2emkay and keithnyc like this.
  11. youbi
    Portuguese POC Assistant Head Moderator Jul 28, 2016

youbi , Jul 28, 2016 :
    Meet Albie. :p

[​IMG]

gaster, strafer, lkosova and 25 others like this.
  12. superplus
    English POC Assistant Head Moderator Jul 28, 2016

superplus , Jul 28, 2016 :
    Screen side up on a hard surface, screen side down on a soft surface (bed, etc), so not sure what that falls under [​IMG] it is consistent, not random

Also suppose it'd differ for people with a flip case or such [​IMG]

Edit: though after reading @mort_'s response, it might just be that I have it screen side down in bed to indeed not see the notification light and it's nothing to do with the softness of the surface :D

gaster, woSch, keithnyc and 9 others like this.
  13. Kaaylim
    Honeycomb Jul 28, 2016

Kaaylim , Jul 28, 2016 :
    Strange survey indeed...

And why do we have to choose between ALWAYS screen up or MOSTLY back up? Because I think MOST people put it MOSTLY screen up.
    I REFUSE to participate in this survey this time!! :)

neozaru likes this.
  14. prishepkh
    Eclair Jul 28, 2016

15. santoshsavanur
    The Lab - OnePlus 7 Pro Reviewer Jul 28, 2016

16. Kaaylim
    Honeycomb Jul 28, 2016

Kaaylim , Jul 28, 2016 :
    Actually its "easier" to put an object with your palm facing down, so the back of your phone up, but since it's a phone the "correct" way is with the screen up, so I guess that's why.

keithnyc and superplus like this.
  17. dsmonteiro
    Community Consultant Staff Member Jul 28, 2016

dsmonteiro , Jul 28, 2016 :
    It really depends on the phone or if I have a case or not. I adapt to reduce scratches to both the screen and the camera lens.

18. theshinybeast
    Marshmallow Jul 28, 2016

theshinybeast , Jul 28, 2016 :
    Back side up cause there's always someone more than willing to drop/spill/spray something on my beloved OPO. And cause I really dig my trusty black Diztronic tpu case, two years and it's still like new.

keithnyc, IvanMuse, evon and 5 others like this.
  19. PuresGift
    Honeycomb Jul 28, 2016

20. Deyannn
    Froyo Jul 28, 2016

Deyannn , Jul 28, 2016 :
    For me it varies quite a bit.
    Most time it's screen up on top of my wallet so I can see any notifications popping up, etc. and the phone wouldn't slide too much.
    But often it's also screen down esp. during meetings so there wouldn't be distractions. In these cases it's also beneficial to have a fitness band vibrating during calls or a smart watch to show notifications in a way that doesn't distract the other participants too much.

mydragoon, keithnyc and Tobikage like this.