[POLL] (Huawei) Honor V10 v OP5T

?

Regrets Buying the 5T when V10 is cheaper, has same features?

1. No regrets at all, love my 5T

2. Getting a bit jealous..

3. Total regret, should have saved my money.

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. SimonRam
    Lollipop Jan 22, 2018

SimonRam , Jan 22, 2018 :
    Same price in the UK, £449. The V10 6gb 128gb is the same as the base model 64gb 1+5t, plus you get headphones tripod/selfie stick, expandable storage, dual active sims and a camera experience that works.
    Also, and here's quite an important point, no-one will steal your credit card details. Well not yet!
    Happy days.
    :)
    BUT, like I keep saying, it's all subjective. Each to their own.
    I was once a oneplus fanboy too.
    Lol.

Mahammad94 and malidan like this.
  2. Q1515957515151
    Cupcake Jan 22, 2018

Q1515957515151 , Jan 22, 2018 :
    Hello, rooting, talk to me. I'm not that tech savvy but I am considering this I have the 5t what do you use to root the phone and what are the biggest advantages. I have read some general internet pieces etc but of other manufacturers not Oneplus users.

3. byronlee
    Cupcake Jan 22, 2018

byronlee , Jan 22, 2018 :
    I would go with OnePlus. Huawei customer service is terrible. Had a problem with less than a month old Huawei phone and got no help at all with warranty service. Hope OnePlus is better if needed.

4. SimonRam
    Lollipop Jan 22, 2018

I think they are pretty similar tbh, luck of the draw.
    The mods are very helpful in the forum if you have issues.

5. warblad13
    Gingerbread Jan 22, 2018

warblad13 , Jan 22, 2018 :
    just asked a question. where did you get fanboy from my question? I am a fan of what's right for me

6. eosdev
    Cupcake Jan 22, 2018

7. Alex_Earl
    Froyo Jan 22, 2018

Alex_Earl , Jan 22, 2018 :
    OP 5T camera is better, especially when using G cam. Also 5T is faster. so happy days for me :)

8. Abecquevort
    Cupcake Jan 22, 2018

Abecquevort , Jan 22, 2018 :
    I believe the oneplus and every phone running android in at least the last 3 versions have one hand mode also? the difference being with the oneplus, you forget it's there as the phone is so well designed it's easy to handle one hand without a special mode 90% of the time ;)

Mahammad94 likes this.
  9. SimonRam
    Lollipop Jan 22, 2018

I was telling you a fact about me.
    I was indeed a oneplus fanboy.

malidan likes this.
  10. Rahif Dc
    Gingerbread Jan 22, 2018

Rahif Dc , Jan 22, 2018 :
    5T all the way. I might even trade in for one plus 6 when they release.
    Idc about other companies what they offer.
    One plus makes me feel like I'm cared for what I've purchased from them.

Imma stay with the realest mobile manufacturer ever! [e]1f60a[/e][e]2764[/e]️

11. Abecquevort
    Cupcake Jan 22, 2018

Abecquevort , Jan 22, 2018 :
    personally and coming from a good old note 4, am totally delighted with my 5T and can't think of what other phones could possibly offer that isn't gimmicky. so I don't even ask myself the question you raise here, why would I look elsewhere if I'm 100% happy and have my needs satisfied with what I already have?

12. malidan
    Marshmallow Jan 22, 2018

malidan , Jan 22, 2018 :
    NO it's a demonstration of power and real speed, not white listing app to max out the cpu so they lancher qucker.
    That is why when you move to an intensive test launching have duty app and actually using some of them the OP has been found wanting.
    Are you seriously mention EIS when the crop takes out upto 25% of the field of view, the hazing effect in lower light or if you move.
    The crop on front cam reducing everything to headshot.
    If you place both on a tripod as most of the 5T footage offered by leading reviewers is, which one would be the best.
    Phone that beat the 5T?
    OP5 ( and that lost to many)
    MI6
    VIEW 10
    Razer ( timed game launching it was 9/10 - 4 )
    As I said intensives seem to be banned,
    as the result is already known.
    Processing optimisation? PMSL. Dude please that's fb talk, white Listing is white listing and this feature was also on the 3/3T.
    This processing optimisation is this something you just made up? As the only term i remember OP using was 5 apps ready to go, the rest that was scorned upon by the tech community they denied wrong doing despite testing showing the cpu was running at max when other devices wasn't. Most would call that cheating, OP fans say they don't care.
    If other OEMs decided to follow Op's route of cheating where do you think they would rate then?

Last edited: Jan 22, 2018

13. sir_adh
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jan 22, 2018

sir_adh , Jan 22, 2018 :
    well rooting gives you full access to your phone and you can install custom ROM & use your phone for extra 1-2 years after OnePlus stops updating 5T. Rooting isn't necessary to install custom ROM, only bootloader unlocked is required.

Even OnePlus have mentioned they won't void your warranty even if you mess around with bootloader

14. G_Balachandar_B_pNDS
    Cupcake Jan 23, 2018

15. tb77
    Gingerbread Jan 23, 2018

tb77 , Jan 23, 2018 :
    Via Amazon you can buy phones and return them within a month and get your money back here in Germany, no need to spend a fortune for trying a few phones.

With EMUI 8 I experienced stuttering/short pauses of the UI esp. when notifications where coming in, a full reset did not help. I also experienced stuttering in the Facebook app's newsfeed.

16. sathwiik
    Froyo Jan 23, 2018

17. kristan.eres
    Gingerbread Jan 23, 2018

kristan.eres , Jan 23, 2018 :
    I don't like huawei's implementation of android. it's far from stock Android. so no, i wouldn't choose the v10 over the 5T

IVishalGandhi likes this.
  18. IVishalGandhi
    Gingerbread Jan 23, 2018

IVishalGandhi , Jan 23, 2018 :
    Donot try out down op 5t just because you don't like it. OnePlus doesn't need to market their products through you in other companies forums. Their products speaks for themselves. They donot even require tech reviewers much less you.

19. stephenboyo
    KitKat Jan 23, 2018

stephenboyo , Jan 23, 2018 :
    You can't have regrets if you've just spent $0.5K on crap. What will mummy and daddy or the wife say???

20. SimonRam
    Lollipop Jan 23, 2018

SimonRam , Jan 23, 2018 :
    That's good news. Saves wasting cash.
    Facebook app is shite lately, better via the browser imo.