Poll: OPO forum member behavior compared to others

?

Your experience on the OPO Forum compared to other forums

1. Yeah dude, come to think of it, most everyone is super nice/helpful/encouraging here!

30.0%
  2. Nope, imo, this forum is just as full of jerks/trolls/rude people, as in any other forum.

12.5%
  3. This forum is like any other... with the good and the bad

57.5%
  1. davidcom
    Honeycomb Nov 6, 2014

davidcom , Nov 6, 2014 :
    I've been posting and interacting on the OPO form a lot today, and it struck me: I just haven't seen a lot of "forum bad behavior" here. It's really very cool. Everyone seems helpful, patient and encouraging.

As we all have, I've been a member of, or visited, tons of forums in my life. So often I see the most outrageous comments -> mean, rude, aggressive, insulting and so on.

But that hasn't been my experience here. And it's really refreshing.

Yes, there people voicing their frustrations. Which is a great thing. But there's a civility in this forum that I haven't seen elsewhere.

So let's make a poll (my first ever, btw)...

PS: posting this in "Off Topic". Hope that's the right place!!

ahighfield and iTrollz like this.
  2. funmunke
    Marshmallow Nov 6, 2014

funmunke , Nov 6, 2014 :
    If anyone thinks the OPO forum is bad, go over to the Gold Box Forum on Amazon. There is a stunning amount of abuse, hate, and offensive content in that forum.

Androton likes this.
  3. teqnix
    Lollipop Nov 6, 2014

iTrollz likes this.
  4. craigos
    Honeycomb Nov 6, 2014

craigos , Nov 6, 2014 :
    Definitely a lot of helpful, tech savvy posters, but as with any forum, you get some bad seeds.

5. davidcom
    Honeycomb Nov 6, 2014

davidcom , Nov 6, 2014 :
    I've never been to that forum. But yeah, we've all been to forums that are just plain out of control.

6. Jazz365
    Honeycomb Nov 6, 2014

Jazz365 , Nov 6, 2014 :
    At least I didn't find the affiliate spams like other forums which are flooded with it.

7. SizeOne
    Honeycomb Nov 6, 2014

SizeOne , Nov 6, 2014 :
    I'd say it's no better or worse than any other dedicated forum. Nice community on the whole.

8. iTrollz
    KitKat Nov 6, 2014

9. davidcom
    Honeycomb Nov 6, 2014

davidcom , Nov 6, 2014 :
    Hmm... in the few votes cast so far, looks like my impressions of the OPO forum are not shared by the majority! :cool: So far: Not a good or bad forum, just a forum.

10. gusuraman
    Community Veteran Nov 6, 2014

gusuraman , Nov 6, 2014 :
    I never browsed other forums. I always just seek what i need, read some thread and go away.
    So i don't have a very deep knowing of general behavior. What i can say is that the hateful users give up soon in this forum.

iTrollz likes this.
  11. davidcom
    Honeycomb Nov 6, 2014

davidcom , Nov 6, 2014 :
    I agree. I haven't seen a lot of hateful people here. Frustrated people, yes. But haters seem to be scarce here.

12. ahighfield
    KitKat Nov 6, 2014

ahighfield , Nov 6, 2014 :
    Not been in many forums so hard to compare, just shows how enthusiastic myself and many others are to get this phone! Some good vibrant discussions where people appear to be able to freely speak their piece and not a lot of hate and abuse, so I hope to be checking in here for a good while.
    Thanks for an interesting thread.

13. keninmec
    Jelly Bean Nov 6, 2014

14. gusuraman

Occasionally I see some hater. But they're quickly and kindly invited to stop bad behaviors.
    They are alone when they rise.
    The strength here is that we love the community over the product itself.

15. veratoloz2005
    Lollipop Nov 6, 2014

veratoloz2005 , Nov 6, 2014 :
    I have been on forums of different countries covering different topics. Tech forums are among the most polite ones. The worst are those discussing politics, with an unimaginable amount of hate and abusive language.

16. Zeekman66
    Froyo Nov 6, 2014

Zeekman66 , Nov 6, 2014 :
    I'm pretty new here and generally everyone has been pretty nice, but reading through the forum u can kinda see the demeanor start to waver as time passed. I can understand that if u need a phone now it can b a little frustrating add to that the production and distribution issues and u can see some genuine anger toward opo. I think if u take it for what it is the negativity won't take over.

As I type this from my sucky iphone.

davidcom likes this.
  17. davidcom
    Honeycomb Nov 6, 2014

18. gusuraman

I think we should start the hate on that sentence ;)

19. davidcom
    Honeycomb Nov 6, 2014

davidcom , Nov 6, 2014 :
    No hate. His line about the "sucky iPhone" just made me chuckle. ;)

Zeekman66 and gusuraman like this.