132 vote(s)
    39.3%
  3. Disappointed

168 vote(s)
    50.0%
  1. banmenau
    Eclair Jun 21, 2017

banmenau , Jun 21, 2017 :
    I expected a battery with 4000mAh and the ecreen with QHD but OnePlus dont give us this bonus...

2. jman47
    Honeycomb Jun 21, 2017

jman47 , Jun 21, 2017 :
    I voted for just fine. I bought one slightly out of blind loyalty :D. I was hoping for more, but ever since i bought the One
    I think Unlocked/Sub$500 phones work best for US carriers. Was looking at the Axon 7 and the 1+3, had deals for V20 but needed two year commitment to get it for $400.
    Anyone coming from an older device from 2014/2015 this phone is pretty good. I could have bought a 3T ( i like buying last years model because it saves me money, just got my wife a moto x play) but i like buying directly from Oneplus and it was so close to launch i waited.

3. SoniaB
    Community Hero 2020 Jun 21, 2017

SoniaB , Jun 21, 2017 :
    Hey there

Please do not post your referral link on the forum. It violates forum rules under No Ads/self promotion.
    You can add the link to your forum signature via your profile (use a browser to do this)

4. abhi2324
    Cupcake Jun 21, 2017

5. waldwolf
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jun 21, 2017

waldwolf , Jun 21, 2017 :
    I thought the small print in that ruling exempted "OnePlus Promotions". Guess I was wrong. :rolleyes:

6. IwantAnOPO
    Eclair Jun 21, 2017

IwantAnOPO , Jun 21, 2017 :
    I'm quite disappointed. Oneplus has become really mainstream, which isn't necessarily a bad thing, but now it's just starting to resemble a lot of the "regular brands". I feel like "never settle" has been forgotten, and there isn't really any bang-for-buck, as many have said. Also no wow factor with the specs in my opinion, and that also makes it feel like just another phone. But the thing I'm most disappointed about, is that there is no unicorn color :(

I own an OPO, and I've skipped all of the newer models for one reason or another (no NFC, rising prices, current phone still works, etc.), and it just seems like owning a new OnePlus phone just doesn't feel the same anymore. The OP5 isn't "scarce" at all, It's not priced extremely competitively (like the OPO) and as many (me included) have already said, there just is no wow factor. I'm going to wait for the OP6, and i hope that OnePlus returns to it's roots and does something radical with it.

Never settle.

waldwolf likes this.
  7. SoniaB
    Community Hero 2020 Jun 21, 2017

SoniaB , Jun 21, 2017 :
    as per the official referral thread:

So yes allowed in signatures but not allowed in normal thread posts. Otherwise no ads/self promotion violation

8. Deactivated User
    Jun 21, 2017

9. pojr
    Jelly Bean Jun 21, 2017

pojr , Jun 21, 2017 :
    I voted for "it's fine."

The hardware itself is fine. But Oxygen OS has been unfinished for the last four OnePlus devices that have been released. I'm not expecting much better for the OP5. It could be good once developers start making custom ROMs for the OP5 though.

10. Kevin99
    Cupcake Jun 21, 2017

11. impinas
    Honeycomb Jun 21, 2017

impinas , Jun 21, 2017 :
    The OnePlus One had those qualities but cost 200 euros less...

12. impinas
    Honeycomb Jun 21, 2017

impinas , Jun 21, 2017 :
    What's your brief opinion about the s8's software? Is it laggy? I'm interested. You can pm me if you don't want to mess the thread.

13. gasser_97
    Donut Jun 21, 2017

gasser_97 , Jun 21, 2017 :
    But it didn't have a dual camera with better quality, not as much RAM, and a dated processor. So it's natural that it would cost less.

14. snoopy5
    Gingerbread Jun 21, 2017

snoopy5 , Jun 21, 2017 :
    Bullshit. The OP1 had never the state of the art processor of that time in it. Neither 8 GB RAM or 128GB drive. You compare apples with oranges.

The OP1 was never meant as a high end model.

The OP5 targets the highend market and tries to keep price low by skipping features which are not that important for most people.

The major selling point of the OP5 is the dual camera. You will not get very good image quality, if you do not use the 835 chip. So this price point is fixed with the goal to offer a great camera.

gasser_97 likes this.
  15. PetroH
    Cupcake Jun 21, 2017

16. waxsta
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jun 22, 2017

17. Dav8v8
    Gingerbread Jun 22, 2017

Dav8v8 , Jun 22, 2017 :
    OnePlus One had the best processor at the time, same as other flagships from the same period.
    It had 3 GB RAM, more than other flagships (more than HTC M8, Samsung S5, Huawei P7 and so on)
    ROM was also class-leading and at least on paper, the camera matched other flagships, e.g. LG G3.

TaranQ likes this.
  18. gasser_97
    Donut Jun 22, 2017

gasser_97 , Jun 22, 2017 :
    And the only reason they were able to keep the price so low was through restricting the supply through the invite system so not everyone could get one and they wouldn't have to crank out so many devices. The OP 5 however is available to anyone without an invite, and to make the supply meet the consumer's demand, they have to raise the price. Otherwise we would be stuck with the same invite system all I've again.

19. Dav8v8
    Gingerbread Jun 22, 2017

Dav8v8 , Jun 22, 2017 :
    OnePlus is seemingly selling like hot cakes. And that's good thing.
    Regardless of community's disappointment, all of the reviews I've seen were praising the phone.
    This phone is now coming to non-techies attention, which fuels further sales growth.

F_Tamim_Khan_GSLI likes this.
  20. F_Tamim_Khan_GSLI
    Cupcake Jun 22, 2017