poor audio quality in Android Auto

1. Jaco2k
    Eclair Jun 8, 2019

Jaco2k , Jun 8, 2019 :
    I had the OnePlus 3T and the OnePlus 6 before the 7 Pro and both sounded great when connected to my car via Android Auto

Unfortunately it seems not to be the case with the OnePlus 7 pro: the audio lacks clarity, the bass is overpowered and muddy and in general the high frequencies seem garbled.
    There doesn't seem to be any setting affecting this - was there for 9.5.5 and also same on 9.5.7 build.

This was compared using Spotify Premium, with all quality settings set to maximum and versus the OnePlus 6, both phones with stock settings and no modifications (i.e. Stock OOS build and kernel)

Can OnePlus look into this? are there others with similar experiences?

2. HermitDash
    Honeycomb Jun 8, 2019

HermitDash , Jun 8, 2019 :
    Check the Dolby Atmos settings and see if that helps any with it set to music.

3. Jaco2k
    Eclair Jun 8, 2019

Jaco2k , Jun 8, 2019 :
    obviously I have tried every setting possible under the sun for it - bypassing the processing altogether would be the ideal, like for the Razor phone, as per this image:
    1560027140389.jpg

4. CorbinSchwartz
    Cupcake Jun 19, 2019

CorbinSchwartz , Jun 19, 2019 :
    I used my 7 pro with the passthrough usb-c to 3.5mm that came with my first gen Moto Z, it sounded atrocious.

5. Emiliano_Suárez
    Cupcake Nov 22, 2019

Emiliano_Suárez , Nov 22, 2019 :
    Did you manage to fix this? I'm having the same issue with my 7t, it sounds like crap.

6. Jaco2k , via OnePlus 7 Pro Nebula Blue , Nov 22, 2019 :
    unfortunately not - audio seems to be getting worse with each release.

I have an iPhone Xs from work and the audio quality in Carplay/Spotify is miles ahead of the 7 Pro with Android Auto/Spotify.

And no, the issue is not on the Android Auto or Spotify apps, since the sound on the OnePlus 6 was brilliant.

it is bad to the point I am considering to give the OnePlus 7 Pro to my father and ask him back for my old OnePlus 6 I gave to him :(

7. B1574352386638
    Cupcake Nov 23, 2019

B1574352386638 , Nov 23, 2019 :
    I also tried to set USB as media source on my 2017 VW Polo (device poco f1) and seems to sound better also for me! I think that setting USB as media source on VW models improves the quality beacuse AA uses USB to transmit the audio. Thanks for the suggestion!whatsapp web 192.168.0.1 routerlogin

Last edited: Nov 24, 2019

8. Swejuggalo , via OnePlus 7 Pro Mirror Gray , Nov 23, 2019 :
    I'm on beta channel though.... But for me normal audio seems good. I disable all sound enhancements and stuff. Just "flat" normal sound. Car use SBC.
    Does the sound work fine when played outside of Android Auto just normal Bluetooth connection and playing from music app?
    I used Android Auto for phones on a trip... No real Android Auto testing available for me.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2019