Poor camera Quality

1. LOCKDOWN117
    Ice Cream Sandwich Oct 22, 2017

LOCKDOWN117 , Oct 22, 2017 :
    this camera is good but not best at day light but sucks at low light/Indoor shots...
    you could squeeze out a good one if you know how to use manual settings and a tripod especially for landscapes/astrophotography

2. WorldPeace.4.ever
    Gingerbread Oct 22, 2017

WorldPeace.4.ever , Oct 22, 2017 :
    Shutter speed* btw and also it is software dependent.

3. NaiyerAsif
    Gingerbread Oct 22, 2017

NaiyerAsif , Oct 22, 2017 :
    Don't know about you guys, but my Diwali shots are pretty detailed. Though I took them with Pixel's camera app which works beautifully in low light conditions.

4. n00blit54
    Froyo Oct 22, 2017

n00blit54 , Oct 22, 2017 :
    Digital zoom is never a good idea. It the same as have a high def printed photo and you bring it closer. The closer you get the poorer quality it becomes

Carlos D. and waldwolf like this.
  5. nikhildhayatkar
    Froyo Oct 22, 2017

6. waldwolf
    Ice Cream Sandwich Oct 22, 2017

waldwolf , Oct 22, 2017 :
    In the case of the OP5, the fact OnePlus elected to go with EIS instead of OIS probably accounts for most of the phones picture problems. To improve the new Pixel2's performance, Google reluctantly found it necessary to incorporate both OIS and EOS vs EOS only it used in the Pixel1's.

Like OnePlus's decision to eliminate NFC in the OP2, the decision not to use OIS for the OP5 camera, is giving them a lot of headaches and bad press.

When the worlds number one software writer (Google) concedes EOS is no substitute for OIS, people should take heed.

Right PeteL?

7. G_Mahammad_Sathalya_jEup
    Cupcake Oct 22, 2017

G_Mahammad_Sathalya_jEup , Oct 22, 2017 :
    1508704480595.jpg
    This is my click in today morning. The camera is decent. The only things is missing that some cool new tricks , like focus defocus etc
    . hope it comes in next updates
    . ..

8. DJ Valente
    Honeycomb Oct 22, 2017

DJ Valente , Oct 22, 2017 :
    Yes, users just differently refer to a mobile photo. Someone in general is far from the photo, and they are pleased with the miserable pictures with destroyed noisereduction details, the smear in the trees, etc. They even shoot a five-year smartphone for copecks with two megapixels, still the pictures will seem like masterpieces))) I generally laugh here with many people who are in poses stand up due to the fact that adequate people here have dared to curses the camera OP 5, and Specifically to justify what the camera of the OP 5 is bad for. I'm glad that there are more adequate people here.
    Judging by what the developers did / did not do in the update, they either do not understand what they are talking about in the relevant topics https://forum.xda-developers.com/oneplus-5/help/watercolor-photos-auto-mode-camera-t3657231Or they are simply unable to correct the situation. Apparently, on the same examples of the first photographs (well, and further), the noise was reduced, but only the details were extinguished, that is, they made it even worse. The same effect can be most easily achieved in any graphic editor. In my opinion, it is better to make noises (which can be somehow removed) than the loss of details. In short, the Chinese, as always, are cunning, pretending that they are doing something to calm their customers.
    And those who shout: "if you want great pictures, then buy a SLR, mirrorless, etc., etc.", I want to say: - take it, buy it yourself! Here, many will figure out what to do with them, without your useless, stupid and trivial advice Me really, basically upsets what I see on the posted here https://sites.google.com/view/op5phototests/oneplus-5-aquarelle-and-photo-detail
    photos The device itself is interesting in everything, but I, for example, are one of those who are interested in the camera, and here it now produces pictures of a not very good level in most cases. And, again, you do not need to ask stupid questions, like "why do you need a camera, what do you do with it, where you sendpictures, which magazines, etc., etc.". Everyone has his own requirements and reasons. And the camera OP5 here reasonably scolded, also justifiably require much better image quality than now, given that it, apparently, can give an excellent result.
    It's funny when they yell that the OP 5 is doing all the flagships on the camera, including the iPhone 7. I will not hide, I saw a few moments in which the photos of OP5 look a little better than those flagships and apples, but these are not the cases when You can say what you do. The camera OP 5 is not even at their level. So there are promises and no progress.
    There are all resources, SoC top, matrix top, but there is no experience.
    So it was in the topic 1 + 3 / 3t, promised to fix the year, so in the top five.
    Well, they do not have people who can doanything. Nothing co-ordinates change

G_Harshit_Tyagi_yDst likes this.
  9. Meetpanchal
    Gingerbread Oct 23, 2017

Meetpanchal , Oct 23, 2017 :
    3 mb

10. Meetpanchal
    Gingerbread Oct 23, 2017

Meetpanchal , Oct 23, 2017 :

11. Asutosh Padhy
    Gingerbread Oct 23, 2017

12. Asutosh Padhy
    Gingerbread Oct 23, 2017

Asutosh Padhy , Oct 23, 2017 :
    most of the smart phones actually honor 8 pro and one plus 5 i was confused among these two honor 8 pro captures excellent details on day light beats one plus 5 but low light conditions op5 camera was good but what Happened after latest update is grainy pictures..

DJ Valente likes this.
  13. bharathpsd
    Gingerbread Oct 23, 2017

bharathpsd , Oct 23, 2017 :
    if actually can change the settings like iso, the camera will work fine either it is inside or outside. the person capturing the picture must know what to use at what time.

DJ Valente likes this.
  14. G_mohamed_asskali_JVyw
    Gingerbread Oct 23, 2017

15. bharathpsd
    Gingerbread Oct 23, 2017

bharathpsd , Oct 23, 2017 :
    increasing the iso from manual mode will do perfectly fine

16. Asutosh Padhy
    Gingerbread Oct 23, 2017

Asutosh Padhy , Oct 23, 2017 :
    not helping me anymore

DJ Valente likes this.
  17. Saintra
    Cupcake Oct 23, 2017

Saintra , Oct 23, 2017 :
    I have purchased one plus otg connector to connect my old otg pen drive to one plus 5, but it's not detecting the pen drive.....I enabled the otg as on for detection but device failed to connect otg with otg connector kindly help
    1508735299832.jpg

18. Meghdut
    Froyo Oct 23, 2017

Meghdut , Oct 23, 2017 :
    Not only our OP 5 but also every Smartphone camera struggle in low light condition photography. Never expect DSLR quality photos by any smartphone.

19. 88dwanel
    Cupcake Oct 23, 2017

88dwanel , Oct 23, 2017 :
    every camera will shot the same thing you shot...the same way,photo depends on lights....I mean how can you exepect a [e]1f4f7[/e] to perform when there is no light...take out the camera in some good lights

20. S1508736588104
    Cupcake Oct 23, 2017