Other poor from OP

1. T1599387819259
    Eclair Sep 17, 2021

T1599387819259 , Sep 17, 2021 :
    I purchased OP 8 in August 2020 within 1 month there was a problem reported to OP to which the usual hard reset device was given
    After a few more reports to OP again reset device till after a while I got fed up with the unreliable device and asked for my money back or would trade for a different model
    This is where it goes pear shaped because OP did not have any available at the time in UK I purchased from John Lewis third party
    OP now say because it was purchased through third party they do not have an option to upgrade or replace the device , they have suggested sending it to repair centre to which I replied no way after seeing the reports on the forum concerning the repair centre , they wanted me to flash the device to version 11.0.7.7.IN21DA which I believe is the Indian software version
    During this and numerous different customer service people they offered me money to basically shut me up , the last 2 replies from OP were from different customer service people but were exactly the same word for word makes me think 1 person writes the replies then other people put their name to it!!!
    Both replies state I was offered (about 50gbp) about!!! the fact was I was offered 50$ but have not taken it this device should have been refunded in 2020
    The latest on the repair centre is because the device is now 13 months old because of lengthy or non committal replies I would have to pay for the repair
    If you ask customer services for a committed answer to an issue they will not comply
    Should I now report this to office of fair trading

2. rHITkM.
    Ice Cream Sandwich Sep 17, 2021

rHITkM. , Sep 17, 2021 :
    Man! Why did you wait for 13 months, you should have taken decision sooner.

3. SoniaB
    Community Hero 2020 Sep 17, 2021

SoniaB , Sep 17, 2021 :
    You can certainly report it to the OFT but fact is that OnePlus (from your own admission) offered you diagnostic and possible repair/replacement if you sent the device to the service centre.
    You chose not to do so. You state that it's because of reports on the forum. Those would account for a teeny tiny percentage of actual CS cases that the repair centre deal with. People are more likely to post a complaint rather than a compliment.
    Don't get me wrong, there have been many bad CS/repair centre cases, but as per the terms and conditions, its a repair policy from 15 days after receipt of purchase then why you procrastinated over sending your device in, is not the fault of OnePlus.

Furthermore, if you purchased your device in the UK/EU, I believe it carries 2 yrs in-warranty repair.

The only reason they would now state that you have to pay for repair is if there is a reason for it to be out of warranty. What did the repair centre state was the reason for paid repair?

With reference to the voucher as goodwill gesture from OnePlus, that's not that uncommon given the fact that the initial possible fix via just CS did not work and neither did the further assistance they provided prior to them suggesting you send the device to the repair centre.

superplus, Tobikage, rhyd1am and 2 others like this.
  4. T1599387819259
    Eclair Sep 18, 2021

T1599387819259 , Sep 18, 2021 :
    As for waiting 13 months during this time I was promised by OP customer service the issue would be resolved in the next OTA up date you can guess the outcome of that
    The reason repair centre were to charge me was because it is now 13 months old even though previously when it was in warranty I have made it clear to them if they give a committed answer yes or no if the repair did not work or device came back worse than when it went they would be liable
    They would not give a definite answer so on that ground I based my decision
    The replies given by 2 different CS operatives are word for word exact that is another reason why I think I need to take this further than with OP
    I don't trust them now even less the number of new tickets I have had to open just to get a reply

5. SoniaB
    Community Hero 2020 Sep 18, 2021

SoniaB , Sep 18, 2021 :
    As per the after sales terms and conditions:

https://www.oneplus.com/uk/legal/terms-of-sales?from=foot

Limited warranty is 24 months. So the service centre should not be denying you repair unless there is another reason which deems the warranty to be void.

I will tag a moderator to see if they can escalate your case.

@superplus @pablofg1978

6. superplus
    Head Moderator Head Moderator Sep 18, 2021

superplus , Sep 18, 2021 :
    Exactly, the John Lewis website also states the same (they're currently not selling the 8 Pro anymore, but it is mentioned for the 9 Pro, and for the 8 Pro it should have said the same):
    @T1599387819259, if you haven't yet sent your device in for repair, and there are no grounds for the warranty to have been voided, like external damage, please could you send me a PM with your CS ticket number, so I can escalate your case for you?

In the community app you can send me a PM by clicking on my profile picture, and then selecting the third tab titled "Message" on the right, below the profile picture. Otherwise you can send me a PM using a (mobile) browser at https://forums.oneplus.com/conversations/add?to=superplus.

7. Mr. BG
    Community Hero 2020 Sep 18, 2021

Mr. BG , Sep 18, 2021 :
    Old habits... Please go troll some :rolleyes:

superplus, SoniaB and Tokolozi like this.