Poor voice call quality

1. mande016
    Eclair Jan 9, 2015

mande016 , Jan 9, 2015 :
    I've had multiple people say my voice on their end is muffled. When I used a wired or bluetooth headset then its all good. Anyone have any fixes or do I just have to deal with it?

2. abhigitz
    Cupcake Jan 9, 2015

abhigitz , Jan 9, 2015 :
    Hi,
    My phone was delivered yestereday, and the voice call was working fine. Today, during some calls, the other person was not able to hear my voice, but when i changed to "speaker" mode, they were able to hear me.

Any suggestions on the same?

Also, the quality of voice/calls and the volume levels are not satisfactory.

3. lmaogill
    Donut Feb 19, 2015

4. PeterinPortugal
    Cupcake Mar 4, 2015

PeterinPortugal , Mar 4, 2015 :
    This is killing me. A new phone, one I have saved for, and now no one can hear me!! Very frustrating. How can this even be considered acceptable to One+?? It is meant to be a telephone, after all, and THEN a toy for other activities. I have latest upgrade (according to phone), and switched preference to 3G as suggested, no change. Is this hardware?? I really don't wanna go to the hassle of returning it only to find out that it is a systemic problem (which from these forums it sounds very much like). Keep us posted please!!

5. M223464
    Donut Mar 13, 2015

M223464 , Mar 13, 2015 :
    I'm having problem with this too. Receiving and making calls. Seems the primary function of the phone doesn't work very well.

I take it Oneplus don't actually watch these forums otherwise they'd be offering solutions.

6. adnanayad
    Cupcake Mar 23, 2015

adnanayad , Mar 23, 2015 :
    Been having same issues. Blamed it on the carrier they did all that they could. No matter l what SIM I used voice heard on the other side is super choppy. Please suggest a fix.

7. adnanayad
    Cupcake Mar 23, 2015

adnanayad , Mar 23, 2015 :
    https://jira.cyanogenmod.org/browse/BACON--289 found this on another thread. Looks like we don't have a software fix just yet. The workaround supposedly is going on a speakerphone. I'll check that out and post back my experience. OPO. I recommended OPO to of my friends I don't want to lose face. Please fix this asap.

8. preetkwatra
    Cupcake Mar 25, 2015

preetkwatra , Mar 25, 2015 :
    I am also having the same problem. New phone bought few days back and while talking suddenly the voice quality detorates. The other person cannot hear my voice. If I try to call back same thing happens. But what I have figured out if I reboot the phone voice quality becomes OK.

9. dodyoneplus
    Cupcake Nov 30, 2015

dodyoneplus , Nov 30, 2015 :
    I also have the voice quality bug. It is not present if I use my headset. Anyone has a solution?

10. jaspersteutel
    Cupcake Dec 1, 2015

jaspersteutel , Dec 1, 2015 :
    Have the same problem. Have to reboot to temporarily resolve it. Then the problem returns after a while.

Some people are suggesting to turn off "OK google" in the settings > languages & input > voice input.