pop-up camera not working via OnePlus 7 Pro

1. Dpartee
    Froyo Jan 18, 2020

Dpartee , via OnePlus 7 Pro , Jan 18, 2020 :
    I barely use the selfie camera and I just went to try it and it wont pop up, i can hear the motor but it doesn't pop-up and I get a message on screen saying to make sure its not obstructed which it is not. I defended OnePlus over and over again shuttti g people down that were worried about durability. I said no way it would be a problem especially because I'd barely ever use it, now here I am with it not working. I really don't want to have to send it in for repair, I doubt they give you a loaner phone or anything and I don't wanna be without a phone for however long. Has anyone had issues with their front facing camera(pop-up) stop working, I'm hoping it so show corrects itself.

Sean Forde likes this.
  2. Srijesh nair
    Cupcake Apr 5, 2020

Srijesh nair , Apr 5, 2020 :
    I was barely using my pop camera..but when I try to video call ...m camera was not working it's not poping up....now as current situation it's hard to proceed anything

Sean Forde likes this.
  3. L1580888646272
    Cupcake May 31, 2020

L1580888646272 , May 31, 2020 :
    My pop up camera is not coming out and it is giving me the message that camera is obstructed while it is not obstructed in any ways.

Please confirm how fix it

Sean Forde likes this.
  4. Sean Forde
    Eclair Jun 9, 2020

Sean Forde , Jun 9, 2020 :
    I have encountered this issue today as well. I seldom take selfies so just this week i decided to start using face unlock along with the fingerprint scanner so I could get more use out of the pop up camera.

Today I get a video call and the camera simply would not pop up. I tried different apps with the same result, I tried the camera app(both default and gcam) and got the same result.

The only thing that got it to work again was a restart of the phone and it has been working like normal since then. This however now has me concerned and I have stopped using face unlock. Much like the original poster, I have been defending the durability of the mechanical part since I got the phone and it would be a real shame if this becomes an issue, especially for users who seldom use the selfie camera.

I guess all we can do now is hope for the best.

Dpartee likes this.
  5. Dpartee
    Froyo Jun 10, 2020

Dpartee , via OnePlus 7 Pro , Jun 10, 2020 :
    Update : Mine works fine again, I think so e soda or something got on there and dried up so I cleaned it up and it started worki g and had been perfectly fine ever since! Still love this phone and happy with my purchase. Only issue now is that after a little over a year with the phone I've started to notice some battery degregation and need to charge more often but that's to be expected with any phone so not a major concern. I'll probably get it replaced sometime in the next year and plan on holding onto this phone for atleast 3-4yrs . Hope everyone who had/has an issue hot or gets it resolved.

Artemus. likes this.