Pop up camera vivrating when popping up via OnePlus 7 Pro

1. GianmarcoMaggiore , via OnePlus 7 Pro , Nov 24, 2020 :
    My ~ 9 month old OP7Pro's pop up camera has been working perfectly fine and smooth while opening until recently. Now it seems to vivrate when i open it, and I'm wary of damaging it every time i open it.

Has this happened to other people? Is there support for this issue?

2. J4t1np4r3kh
    OnePlus Accessory Tester Nov 24, 2020

3. GianmarcoMaggiore , via OnePlus 7 Pro , Nov 26, 2020 :
    It's just the camera that vibrates. And yes it feels like friction between the camera and the phone when popping up.

4. J4t1np4r3kh
    OnePlus Accessory Tester Nov 26, 2020

J4t1np4r3kh , via OnePlus 7 Pro , Nov 26, 2020 :
    It's tough to tell but have you accidentally hit the camera when it's open, which may have caused it to move from it's original position slightly?

5. GianmarcoMaggiore , via OnePlus 7 Pro , Nov 26, 2020 :
    No I'm always very careful when the camera is out! But i have dropped the whole phone when the camera was in, a few times

6. J4t1np4r3kh

J4t1np4r3kh , via OnePlus 7 Pro , Nov 26, 2020 :
    The phone is quite sturdy in general, but with these things it's like "the straw that broke the camels back".

Given there are so many fiddly small bits, it is possible something has dislodged and causing the camera to press against something when coming out. Given this sounds like a hardware issue it is worth getting in touch with a service centre, they'll probably be able to give you the best advice

GianmarcoMaggiore likes this.
  7. GianmarcoMaggiore , via OnePlus 7 Pro , Nov 26, 2020 :
    Thank you!

8. J4t1np4r3kh

9. PrithvirajChavan , via OnePlus 7 Pro Nebula Blue , Nov 27, 2020 :
    There is always a mechanical sound while you open and close if that is the sound that you are talking about then it is perfectly ok no need to worry.
    Just ensure that your phone is clean and there is no dust before you open or close your phones selfie camera else dust will go inside and create problem