POP UPS REFUSE TO DIE! (or a Rude Persistence of Vision) Help!?! via OnePlus 8 Pro Ultramarine Blue

1. EthaneoVegano , via OnePlus 8 Pro Ultramarine Blue , Nov 29, 2021 :
    I was thrilled to get this device a few months ago... And I have yet to explore its full potential especially with the camera.

edit: I tried to upload the screenshots that revealed what was happening in real time as I was writing this, but they have yet to appear in this post.

But if they post successfully, one can see in screenshots, using floating keyboard is essential, otherwise the message blocks whatever's behind it. And it switches "English" to "русский".

These offending ovals not only persist while in the app or going to the desktop and into another app's screen, the messages displayed in the frozen ovals are about processes that were initiated many minutes in the immediate past, like "File copied successfully" or "printer unavailable" & the others. This 1+8Pro is in a league way above my old Moto G5 plus, but it never had this glitch.

I'm no expert, the best I can do is going to Running services in Developer's Options & Force Closing the app or process if it's not hidden. If that's not working, rebooting always does the job.

Suggestions? Instructions? or condolences in get well cards? 🤧😷

Thanks In advance for your time and help 🙏

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 30, 2021

2. Aaron2017
    General Support Expert Award 2021 Nov 30, 2021

Best Answer
    Aaron2017 , Nov 30, 2021 :
    Are you talking about those toast messages at the bottom of the screen? If so go to settings>system>accessibility>time to take action and set that to default (or however long you want them to stay there)

Last edited: Nov 30, 2021

3. EthaneoVegano , via OnePlus 8 Pro Ultramarine Blue , Nov 30, 2021 :
    Thanks again for knowing exactly where and what to do. Resolved.

How that particular parameter became to be at the slowest setting is a mystery. I wouldn't have done that even if I knew where the setting was.

Back in the time of Windows 95-98-2000, I would explore the Registry and experiment. I'd be tweaking to get as much speed and responsiveness as possible. The improvements were the rewarding enough..... until I tweaked one parameter too many.😱😜

From then on I promised to leave brain surgeries for the brain surgeons.

Aaron2017 likes this.
  4. Aaron2017
    General Support Expert Award 2021 Nov 30, 2021

Aaron2017 , Nov 30, 2021 :
    You're welcome. 👍 It might have been just a glitch or got turned on in combination with another setting, which would also be a glitch. I've seen it happen quite a few times here on the forum without really knowing the reason why. That's smartphones for ya i guess 🤷