PopUp Camera and Snapchat

1. schubi17 Eclair May 21, 2019

schubi17, May 21, 2019 :
    Hey,
    So my 7 pro arrived today and is working perfectly, but I've noticed aa small issue with snapchat and the Pop up camera. First off, whenever you take a snap with the front camera and close the app (full close or just in background, doesn't matter), the front camera automatically pops up when opening
    Snapchat again.
    This doesn't only occur when opening the app by tapping on the app icon, but also when you open it by tapping on a chat message (Then the camera pops up even though you're just in chat, not on camera).
    This annoys me and concerns me because of the wear on the front camera.
    The only way of getting rid of it is switching back to the main camera after every snap you take.
    Anyone else noticing the same thing?

K1558219876520 likes this.
  2. ANONYMOOSE_82 Ice Cream Sandwich May 21, 2019

ANONYMOOSE_82, May 21, 2019 :
    This is because of the way snapchat behaves, has nothing to do with the phone. Launching the app always looks for the camera. Something to get used to with a pop-up front facing camera.

B_Wrath likes this.
  3. KeepTransisting The Lab - OnePlus 7 Pro Reviewer May 21, 2019

KeepTransisting, May 21, 2019 :
    Yep. Snapchat is always accessing the front camera, no matter what. You can't even restrict the app from camera permissions, otherwise it won't work.

Snapchat needs to make their app play nice.

B_Wrath and ANONYMOOSE_82 like this.
  4. ANONYMOOSE_82 Ice Cream Sandwich May 21, 2019

That's right they would need to be the ones to make the change. I just don't see this happening any time soon since pop-up cameras are a mad thing right now. I'm sure the Zenfone 6 will have the same experience.

5. schubi17 Eclair May 21, 2019

schubi17, May 21, 2019 :
    I'll just write thousands of feedback reports to snapchat, no need to grab my camera while I'm opening a text message..
    Yeah I know it probably won't be solved anytime soon, still just wanted to share my experience

ANONYMOOSE_82 likes this.
  6. KeepTransisting The Lab - OnePlus 7 Pro Reviewer May 21, 2019

KeepTransisting, May 21, 2019 :
    Yeah, it sucks. It's actually one of the reasons I've completely ditched Snapchat.

7. DVNK09 Honeycomb May 21, 2019

DVNK09, May 21, 2019 :
    That is a common issue with Android and Snapchat. There always is some kind of issue.

8. ANONYMOOSE_82 Ice Cream Sandwich May 21, 2019

In this case it's not Android and Snapchat, it's Snapchat and OnePlus Hardware.

9. DVNK09 Honeycomb May 21, 2019

DVNK09, May 21, 2019 :

ANONYMOOSE_82

In this case it's not Android and Snapchat, it's Snapchat and OnePlus Hardware.​

Yes but I have had many Android phones and was stating on how they are all affected.