Possible App Locker suggestions

?

How else would you improve the OxygenOS App Locker?

1. Different Pattern

100.0%
  2. Smart Lock integration

100.0%
  3. Global Toggle

66.7%
  4. Quick Access Toggle

66.7%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. OmarFPG
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jul 6, 2017

OmarFPG , Jul 6, 2017 :
    Hi there, I just started using the App Locker from OxygenOS and I find it really nice, though I feel it could be improved in a few ways, maybe:

• Different pattern than your lock screen perhaps, an extra layer of security, just in case.
    • Integration with Smart Lock from android, meaning no need to unlock if you're at your home for instance.
    • Global toggle to enable/disable maybe? Right now I feel inclined to disable it, as it is a bit uncomfortable to have this at home, feels more like a feature to enable when handing your device to someone else for instance, or just enable it when needed, but right now it feels unpractical to disable all my selected apps (at least they're on top when they're enabled), then enable again when I feel like it, I'd have to look for them one by one again. A global toggle for this would do wonders.
    • Maybe even add this global toggle to quick access toggles.
    • Lock the app again upon closing it (optional?)

Also, according to many of the replies, there seems to be a few security flaws on this feature. I'll try those as soon as I get some free time and come back with results. :)

That'd be all for now, if I think of others or if anyone else suggests others I'll add them here. Please let me know what you think or if this would be possible to include sometime in the future? :) I thin it'd be nice enhancements for the already nice feature.

Thanks!

Last edited: Jul 7, 2017

2. OmarFPG

OmarFPG , Jul 6, 2017 :
    Now that I think about it this would be more like an OxygenOS thread than a 3T thread. So maybe development was more the place to do this? If needed, feel free to relocate to wherever it should go. Just don't forget the 3T over the 5 if any of this suggestions go live, please, lol! :)

3. vickyss.jpr
    Gingerbread Jul 6, 2017

OmarFPG likes this.
  4. F_Vaibhav_Somani_CNUE
    Cupcake Jul 6, 2017

5. Arun Sharma
    Gingerbread Jul 6, 2017

Arun Sharma , Jul 6, 2017 :
    AppLock in oxygesn OS is very poorly implemented.
    for eg. you lock what's app you can easily access it by going to play store.
    the other thing I found irritating is when you lock your phone app but anyone can easily call your contacts by going into contacts tab any contact and there you go even the phone app is lock calling thorung contacts isn't stopped.
    it's very disheartening to see this it was implemented because of high demand from their users but it's not good at all.

OmarFPG likes this.
  6. elanglois
    Lollipop Jul 6, 2017

elanglois , Jul 6, 2017 :
    You want app pinning to hand your phone to someone. You pin the app and they can't change out of that app.

OmarFPG likes this.
  7. elanglois
    Lollipop Jul 6, 2017

Correct. [e]1f603[/e] Custom ROMs don't bother because false security is worse than none.

The File Manager doesn't encrypt files either. It just hides them and they are EASY to find.

Arun Sharma likes this.
  8. G_plusone
    Marshmallow Jul 6, 2017

G_plusone , Jul 6, 2017 :
    Applocker has a lot of work to be done. Like closing the app to lock it rather than locking the phone

OmarFPG likes this.
  9. OmarFPG

OmarFPG , Jul 6, 2017 :
    There are a few named exactly like this, which one would you recommend? I wasn't looking for a new app I'd like to continue using the native options on the phone but I guess in the meanwhile I could try something else.

10. OmarFPG

OmarFPG , Jul 6, 2017 :
    Sad to see there are so many ways to bypass this. It needs more security for sure.

Arun Sharma likes this.
  11. OmarFPG

OmarFPG , Jul 6, 2017 :
    Thing is, for instance sometimes I lend the phone to kids so they can play, they usually switch from one game to another, but sometimes they can get into other apps either by mistake or just looking around in curiosity. App pinning is a safe choice too but not suitable for every scenario.

12. elanglois
    Lollipop Jul 6, 2017

Don't let kids play with your phone. It's not a toy. Or at least supervise them.

AppLocker isn't effective. Although, that gives me an idea for a way to do it. If the OnePlus app locker disabled the app (sometimes called freezing) it would have proper security, but it wouldn't run in the background. I think its possible to just disable the launcher.

13. vickyss.jpr
    Gingerbread Jul 7, 2017

vickyss.jpr , Jul 7, 2017 :
    Go for this....

Applock

1499394756399.jpg

OmarFPG likes this.
  14. Arun Sharma
    Gingerbread Jul 7, 2017

Arun Sharma , Jul 7, 2017 :
    Hope they will improve it...

15. unimke
    Gingerbread Jul 7, 2017

unimke , Jul 7, 2017 :
    how can u find them??

16. Maxby23
    Froyo Jul 7, 2017

Maxby23 , Jul 7, 2017 :
    And sometimes it lags and show black blank screen instead of app icon and passcode but unlocks when we use fingerprint. P.s.- i didn't get sometimes that is the mobile freezed or there is a problem with the app lock

17. elanglois
    Lollipop Jul 7, 2017

elanglois , Jul 7, 2017 :
    Use any file manager that lets you show hidden files. I Unix, hidden files start with a period. Look in the root of your internal storage for the hidden folder. I forget what it's called and I don't run OOS anymore to look, but your files will be there, just renamed. Stick the right extension on them and they'll open just fine. Thus, no encryption.

unimke likes this.
  18. elanglois
    Lollipop Jul 7, 2017

elanglois , Jul 7, 2017 :
    You do know that instead of making a screenshot and hoping someone can find it, just scroll down and look for the share icon and you can post a direct link to the app.

19. F_Manoj_Krishnan_bTQs
    Cupcake Jul 7, 2017

20. sreenub007
    Cupcake Jul 7, 2017

sreenub007 , Jul 7, 2017 :
    yes