OxygenOS Possible bug: Some calls are more quiet (on max vol)

1. G_Aa
    Eclair Sep 27, 2021

G_Aa , Sep 27, 2021 :
    I believe this is just a software bug because some calls sound just fine.
    Like perfectly loud, I can take the phone off my ear and still hear the other party just fine. It works.

But some calls - for example a serviceman I have to call from time to time - is very quiet.
    So...
    What's the issue? Some calls are way too quiet.
    But it's not a hardware issue. The speaker is capable.

How could they fix that?
    I believe OnePlus could push an update where they would check max call volume and somehow normalize the call volume. Sounds a bit sci-fi but in reality, I don't think it's really that complicated. Basically, if the other party is quiet? Boost it to a certain level. That's it.

It's also possible it's just a small bug somewhere that results in some calls being quieter. Could be. If it helps, I can provide logs or whatever to the developers. I am rooted.

I really like the phone and I truly believe this could be fixed via software somehow.

Phone: OnePlus 9R 12/256GB (purchased from ********** - via OnePlus Official Store)
    Model: LE2100
    I mostly connect to my carrier via 4G.

2. Dresa91
    User of the Year 2016; Most Active User 2020 Sep 27, 2021

Dresa91 , Sep 27, 2021 :
    Can you please clear cache and data of the Google Phone app?

Artemus and Caomhin like this.
  3. McJader
    Marshmallow Sep 27, 2021

McJader , Sep 27, 2021 :
    Or maybe that particular serviceman's device just has a bad microphone:rolleyes:

4. G_Aa
    Eclair Sep 27, 2021

G_Aa , Sep 27, 2021 :
    It happens to multiple people though, I brought that person up as an example only. Unfortunately finding a pattern of carriers is a bit hard and it might be a false lead, to begin with. (There is a service where I can check but it has very annoying captcha/anti-bot features so it's painstaking to check each number.)

But I'm willing to dig if OnePlus is interested.

Sure thing..

5. Dresa91
    User of the Year 2016; Most Active User 2020 Sep 27, 2021

Dresa91 , Sep 27, 2021 :
    hey,.. this is a user forum,... here are just users like you and me....

Artemus likes this.
  6. McJader
    Marshmallow Sep 27, 2021

McJader , Sep 27, 2021 :
    I was kidding, but what I said would've been true if it happened for a single person, but you said that's not the case.
    And as Dresa said:
    No OnePlus, only users:D

Artemus and Dresa91 like this.
  7. Benny627
    Bug Hunter Staff Member Sep 28, 2021

Benny627 , Sep 28, 2021 :

It would be our pleasure to resolve the issue that you are facing, as we have contacted you for the required information to analyze it further via direct message.
    Regards,
    Benny.