Possible OnePlus Collabs I wanna see

1. Mark Falsing
    Jelly Bean Moderator Apr 2, 2020

Mark Falsing , Apr 2, 2020 :
    So as you all know OnePlus has collaborated with McLaren, producing some great phones and bridging the F1 world and it's fans with the latest smartphone technology.

OnePlus-6T-McLaren-Edition-2-1.jpg OnePlus_McLarenDesign_7T PRO.jpg
    The Papaya Orange looks amazing especially with the orange and black contrast, and just as distinctive as the livery of the McLaren F1 racers on the grid.

The collaboration has worked out great, being an avid F1 fan, I find great joy in seeing the OnePlus logo on the Halo in cockpit view from Lando Norris or Carlo Sainz. I also like the vids of Lando Norris basically teaching Carlo Sainz how to operate the McLaren edition OnePlus smartphone :D.

But it also got me thinking. Smartphone companies have essentially only collaborated with the automotive industry. (Yes I know about the Samsung X Fortninte, but in my opinion it doesn't really count). We have OPPO who teamed up with Lamborghini, and we have Huawei who teamed up with Porsche.

But what about other industries? Here is a list of collaborations I personally would like to see happen in the future.

(Please excuse my subpar photoshop skills)

1. Supreme X OnePlus
    Supreme OP8.jpg
    Supreme have become the masters of collabs, recently doing a collab with Oreo in releasing red Supreme Oreo coockies. The #Hype would be unreal for OnePlus.... Create a limited edition of these phones 1000pcs, have them be sold on Supreme's website for retail price, and watch the Hype and Buzz take on a life of it's own.

2. Off White x OnePlus

Off White OP8 2.jpg
    Virgil Abloh, is one the hottest designers around at the moment with his "OFF-WHITE" fashion house and also the lead designer for Louis Vuitton's Mens Collection. Also hot in the collab game with brands like Jordan Brand, Converse, Vans etc. Why not have a limited amount of smartphones as a fashion accessory? You good even have the distinctive Off-White tag on a smartphone cover. Imagine Virgil's good friend, Kanye West (even though he's stepped up his crazy game) running around with a OnePlus phone and the HYPE that could create.

3. Louis Vuitton X OnePlus

OnePlus LV__01.jpg
    Speaking of LV (Louis Vuitton)..... Imagine the premium leather feeling on the back of an Louis Vuitton X OnePlus phone... Personally I'm not so much for this one, but we have all seen footballers with their LV backpacks before matches. It's considered a premium brand and Asians love the brand as well.

4. Jordan X OnePlus

Air Jordan One Plus 8.jpg
    I threw this one in there because I have been a Jordan fan since 1988. This one is probably a far reach as it's a Nike collab, but the idea is good isn't it?

Anyways as you can see, I feel there is definite potential in crossing over to the fashion segment of the world. I don't think anyone has really done it, and could generate a whole lot of buzz and hype around the OnePlus brand. The brand would reach out to a new segment of buyers.

I was just having fun with these, but it could be fun to see your ideas on who OnePlus should collab with in the future.

buntycubal, G_plusone, drl431 and 8 others like this.
  2. Cheetosdust
    Starting Point Expert Community Expert Apr 2, 2020

Cheetosdust , Apr 2, 2020 :
    I like the "Off-White" one - but only with the small annotation near the cameras. ;)

As for me, I would love to see OnePlus collaborating not with a brand, but with an artist. A limited "OnePlus x Junji Ito" run of a device could be beautiful.

The possibilities for the device itself, the packaging and even the exclusive wallpapers are endless. I really liked the JCC+ one, so I think this could be different and even add prestige to the brand - I'm sure a lot of OnePlus fans are also fans of his work, but here's an example:

[​IMG]

Can you imagine a white device with something like that in a light, faded grey? :cool:

buntycubal, drl431, cdnfarmer and 3 others like this.
  3. Mark Falsing

buntycubal, B.I.T.S. and Cheetosdust like this.
  4. Cheetosdust

Cheetosdust , Apr 2, 2020 :
    Hah, thank you :blush:

I would love to see OnePlus doing a special collaboration like that, but expanding it with a bundle. For example, with a limited edition hoodie, backpack, t-shirt, etc. They already have the apparel line set up.

All that, the device and a special box with a commemorative piece of metal as part of a numbered series. :cool:

buntycubal, B.I.T.S. and Mark Falsing like this.
  5. Liehjan
    Lollipop Apr 2, 2020

Cheetosdust and Mark Falsing like this.
  6. Mark Falsing

buntycubal and Cheetosdust like this.
  7. Cheetosdust

Mark Falsing likes this.
  8. Cheetosdust
    Starting Point Expert Community Expert Apr 6, 2020

9. the_o2
    User of the Year 2018 Apr 6, 2020

the_o2 , Apr 6, 2020 :
    Yep, Jordan :cool::cool:

So the punch hole on left is confirmed ;):rolleyes:

buntycubal and Mark Falsing like this.
  10. Mark Falsing
    Jelly Bean Moderator Apr 6, 2020

Last edited: Apr 6, 2020

Cheetosdust likes this.
  11. Mark Falsing
    Jelly Bean Moderator Apr 6, 2020

12. Cheetosdust
    Starting Point Expert Community Expert Apr 6, 2020

Cheetosdust , Apr 6, 2020 :
    Hehe, perhaps the social team saw your thread and was inspired by it - that tweet was published this morning ;)

But now, well, now I'm really curious to check if OnePlus is actively planning a new collaboration. Like I mentioned, I never owned a JCC+ but I did like it. People are asking for OnePlus x Tesla and OnePlus x Banksy on Twitter. :cool:

buntycubal and Mark Falsing like this.
  13. Mark Falsing
    Jelly Bean Moderator Apr 7, 2020

Mark Falsing , via OnePlus 6T , Apr 7, 2020 :
    I actually messaged Carl on Messenger showing him the renders. Who knows maybe he was inspired lol

14. Cheetosdust
    Starting Point Expert Community Expert Apr 8, 2020

Cheetosdust , Apr 8, 2020 :
    Hah, look at you, Mr. Connections. :D:p

Don't know if you saw this already, but the collaboration will be with a French artist. Here's the teaser:

[​IMG]

Edit: Looks like it's going to be André Saraiva :eek: :cool::

[​IMG]

15. G_plusone
    Marshmallow Apr 8, 2020

G_plusone , Apr 8, 2020 :
    I like them Jordans but I don't think I can afford Jordans :p
    Probably gotta go with Supreme :D
    Nice work Detective Chetito
    :cool:

16. Cheetosdust
    Starting Point Expert Community Expert Apr 8, 2020

Cheetosdust , Apr 8, 2020 :
    Hah, thank you, but it was not my work. :p

I saw the name mentioned on Twitter and decided to check it out, finding that photo on a national newspaper. OnePlus mentions it is a collaboration with a French artist and not only André Saraiva art matches the tease, he is Swedish-French.
    And I saw some of his work and this can be a very cool limited edition.

André Saraiva is a Portuguese name. So, I checked and he was born in Sweden, but his parents are indeed Portuguese. They fled the country while we were being ruled by a dictator. That dictatorship lasted until 1974. :)

buntycubal and G_plusone like this.