Camera POSSIBLE SOLUTION to the bad photos. The problem it is in the base parameters. PLEASE ADMIN, READ!

1. calibra3
    Cupcake May 26, 2019

calibra3 , May 26, 2019 :
    Hi Admin, Please, can you pass this video to your colleagues in the central????. To fix the bad camera software.
    It seems that this photographer in youtube , has identified that the base values of the camera software (or firmware) are incorrect, and that modifying them with another application called "open camera", makes good photos.
    He comments that it not logic to up the iso level to the maximum and another parameters.
    To part that it mentions, that the approach by laser foucsis decalibrated, at least in its unit, and has had to calibrate it.

It would be very interesting if the camera software department saw that video and drew conclusions, because exactly this photographer says that they have done what NEVER should be done in photography.
    Please help us all.

The problem it is that the video is in spanish language. and you need to translate.
    But , please watch it
    Thanks.

GUIDARDO, rojosier, Prowller and 4 others like this.
  2. mattborkin
    Froyo May 26, 2019

3. Karolios
    Froyo May 26, 2019

4. Math91560
    Cupcake May 26, 2019

5. Android450
    Marshmallow May 26, 2019

6. Nick 59
    Lollipop May 26, 2019

Nick 59 , May 26, 2019 :
    Why should we take him seriously?
    Isn't he just some guy making vids in his bedroom? Only 600 odd subscribers and had device for 5 days so is he really likely to know more than Oneplus R&D?

7. Karolios
    Froyo May 26, 2019

Karolios , May 26, 2019 :
    He might, and he might not know something more. Still something to look into, it might help

8. pablofg1978
    Spanish POC Assistant Head Moderator May 26, 2019

pablofg1978 , May 26, 2019 :
    Well, I saw this video (complete) and this are my thoughts
    1. He does not states wich version of oxygen os and camera software is using, yesterday was released the last update with (I think) the promised camera fix (the one that was used on DXO). Oneplus said that the camera will be improved by the end of this moth, so I guess that it was the one released yesterday. I higly doubt that he uses that version.
    2. He said that he downloaded an app from the store (Open camera) to be able to adjust iso and shutter speed and after that he was able to take good pictures (in manual mode)...but the oneplus camera app has a pro mode that allows you to change this values and others more and he did not mention anythig about this...
    Im not an expert phoptographer, like @script, but I dont think that changing iso and shutter speed is "the fix" for the camera software. I know that @dsmonteiro can understand spanish, so maybe he has any thougs about this (and maybe a op7 pro too).

Last edited: May 27, 2019

9. Android450
    Marshmallow May 26, 2019

Android450 , May 26, 2019 :
    I appreciate your insight, my Spanish is at a very basic only conversational level. From what I can understand the issues with high automatic iso has been passed through feedback I believe by @otto2. In where it should not be set to max.

I just thought I'd share this and I'm glad you have tagged others relevant to this. I feel as though oneplus has been made aware of this multiple times and hopefully someone higher up in the foodchain can make a difference (hi @dsmonteiro ;) )

Bouncer71, calibra3, otto2 and 2 others like this.
  10. jlasensiofi
    KitKat May 27, 2019

jlasensiofi , May 27, 2019 :
    Personally I think that nothing happens because the OnePlus team checks it. It may be that he is right, I think it is very well founded, and if it is successful we can have much better quality of camera.

script, calibra3 and Android450 like this.
  11. CeKMTL
    Cupcake May 27, 2019

CeKMTL , May 27, 2019 :
    Hi, I'm the guy that has very few followers and is in his room and seems to not know what he is doing.
    I'm not gonna bother explaining what I do for a living or my deep expertise in this field or Kernel one, etc...

It seems some ppl don't pay close attention to what I say in the video with my RCA.
    First is that iso settings are most of the time high or even very high.
    Second thing is that the DRIVER SETTINGS are not used correctly; they're set very aggressively.
    First setting is sharpness and if you use it as it is right now it creates halo effect.
    The second one is denoise and if anything higher than "light" setting is selected then you'll have that smudged picture effect (the higher the iso the more apparent it is).

Now, I don't care for followers or fame or whatever; I share my findings mainly to Spanish speaking ppl.
    If you want to check "who this guy is" you can Google "ShinTo Kernel" and see some of the things I've done.

Anyways, hope this gets fixed asap!
    Thank you!

Ps: maybe you're the guy that put dislikes on my video and assumed the same conclusion as you've out here coz they're almost identical answers. Let it be known that I've already replied to you there with the same explanation and advising you to watch the video again ...
    Version is 9.5.4 European. I wish 9.5.5 fixes this so I can take great pictures without having to worry about fixing such software derps.

12. calibra3
    Cupcake May 27, 2019

calibra3 , May 27, 2019 :
    thanks for your explanation brother.
    I hope the oneplus team will read it and try to fix it

13. otto2
    Lollipop May 27, 2019

otto2 , May 27, 2019 :
    Good morning my fellow camera enthusiast.

Thank you for tagging me, @Android450
    Since there have been two OTA s rolling out with relevant camera updates we should first check, if existing issues have been solved. Discussing solved issues is wasting of time.

if there are still issues or you have constructive feedback ( Not just "worst kamrah "postings, ) then write it down right here and also in the feedback section of the community app, too. I ll do my very best to collect, discuss and forward all your input but please beware: I do NOT work for oneplus.

EDIT: If you want to discuss here, please enter your oxygen version ,so we can reproduce it. Sample pictures in 2 MB, compressed with YaImCo or a link to some cloud storage where we can see the pictures in full filesize are also needed, the community app is compressing in a way too bad quality. EXIF data should be included, feel free to remove GPS tags if you want to keep some privacy.

14. Tobikage
    Nougat May 27, 2019

Tobikage , May 27, 2019 :
    You point out something OnePlus isn't doing right... you're bound to get dislikes from the blind fanboys.
    What fid you expect ? :p

B_Wrath likes this.
  15. pablofg1978
    Spanish POC Assistant Head Moderator May 27, 2019

pablofg1978 , May 27, 2019 :
    I guess that he is taking about me, but honestly I didn't gave him any dislike nor like either, just watched the whole video and commented two times.

otto2, Tobikage and B_Wrath like this.
  16. pablofg1978
    Spanish POC Assistant Head Moderator May 27, 2019

pablofg1978 , May 27, 2019 :
    Looks like you are taking my comments on a negative way, maybe you shouldn't take conclusions so lightly. I didn't gave you any dislike (nor like either), but if I did it, I honestly don't see why you have to complain about it.
    OnePlus said that the camera will be improved, but you made your video public on the same day that the new update was released and using the old software version....
    Next time you should state which oxygen os software are you using and also the camera app version at the beginning of the video or at least on the video description.
    Think in the ppl watching you video the next month or year...
    About your replies, I already replied on the video asking for the time frame on where you speak about the pro mode of the camera and you explain why you are not using it (if that exists).
    Ps: for your next video maybe you can also include some samples about what are you talking about, like including pics taken with both apps and showing what you find instead of just describing it.

otto2 likes this.