Other Potential Brick?

1. Markus214
    Honeycomb Jul 16, 2017

Markus214 , Jul 16, 2017 :
    Hello all,

Hoping someone can possibly help here. When I was in TWRP I was backing up my phone and accidentally wiped as well. At that time I was unable to get back into the ROM I had as my internal storage was wiped completely as well. I can boot into fastboot but my device is locked and fastboot oem unlock does not unlock.

SO basically I'm potentially screwed and looking for help from the community possibly??

Thanks all in advance

2. Simon.
    Froyo Jul 17, 2017

3. F_Andrea_Ippolito_ZsRS
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jul 17, 2017

F_Andrea_Ippolito_ZsRS , Jul 17, 2017 :
    Several questions here:

1) how could your bootloader be locked if you were on TWRP? Did you re-lock it explicilty? (doesn't make much sense to me, but ok...)
    2) what error do you get when trying to unlock via fastboot command?

In your situation, I guess that the quickest way to revert to stock is by following the mega unbrick guide, it helped me once, and it's a life safer when, like in your case, you end up with no recovery or a messed up recovery.

You can find the guide here:

https://forums.oneplus.net/threads/guide-mega-unbrick-guide-for-a-hard-bricked-oneplus-3.452634/

You got nothing to lose, since your data is gone anyway, so just go ahead :)

Of course, you'll need a PC to follow this, and some stuff to download, so just start downloading if you got a slow connection :)

Markus214 likes this.
  4. F_Andrea_Ippolito_ZsRS

Best Answer

Sorry, just realized that this is the 3T section, and the guide I linked is for the 3 (or at least, was originally written for the 3).

It should apply *mostly* in the same way to the 3T, but maybe it's safer if you look for a 3T specific thred in the forum

Markus214 likes this.
  5. F_Andrea_Ippolito_ZsRS

Found a vid for you, linked in another thread in this forum:

Jump to 2'35" :)

Markus214 likes this.
  6. Markus214
    Honeycomb Jul 17, 2017

Markus214 , Jul 17, 2017 :
    Hey all,

Just want to say thank you very much for taking the time to respond and offer solutions. I am back up and running. I followed the ultimate unbrick guide. It was done via a third party website but followed steps above. Had to download the qualcomm driver and set up again.

Very important is that phone has to be off for it to work lol.

Can a MOD please close this thread? Thank you again to everyone that reached out to help. Seriously thank you

7. F_Andrea_Ippolito_ZsRS
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jul 18, 2017

F_Andrea_Ippolito_ZsRS , Jul 18, 2017 :
    You're welcome :)
    It happened to me in the past, and I found help in this forum. It's my pleasure giving back some help whenever I can

Markus214 likes this.