Potential iPhone 12 Pricing Leaks, Thoughts? via OnePlus 7 Pro

1. Secondbushome
    Honeycomb Apr 30, 2020

Secondbushome , via OnePlus 7 Pro , Apr 30, 2020 :

This coming from Jon Prosser who has been spot on the last few months when it comes to Apple leaks. Granted, things could easily change before launch, which is still projected to be 4-5 months away, but this could give a strong idea.

In USD

iPhone 12 5.4" starting at $649
    iPhone 12 6.1" starting at $749
    iPhone 12 Pro 6.1"starting at $999
    iPhone 12 Pro Max 6.7" starting at $1099

All models are expected to come with 5G and OLED displays, along with the rumored redesign (slimmer bezels and smaller notch, flat-edged frame)

First thought if this is true, Apple isn't really increasing prices despite implementing 5G, the reason why Android OEMs and Qualcomm have excused their sudden sky-rocketing prices. And especially on a major redesign model year, that deserves some props.

Second thought, those two base models will be a killer value proposition. 5.4" for those looking for that smaller phone using a modern design. With 5G. Only thing is if this is the actual pricing, I doubt Apple will include Pro Motion on these two models.

Third thought, pressure on Android OEMs and Qualcomm to work and return to this price range. Apple still undercutting OnePlus on an iPhone 12?! 2020 has been the worst year in a while for Android phones. Predatory pricing by Qualcomm along with this ridiculous obsession with 'ultra-premium' by OEMs has made me wary. I really hope they feel it this year with record low sales.

What are your thoughts?

2. the_o2
    OnePlus 9 Series Expert Community Expert Apr 30, 2020

the_o2 , Apr 30, 2020 :
    Wow so many phones and we were complaining to OnePlus for this :sweatsmile::sweatsmile:

Plot twist: OnePlus does twice in a year : P

Android OEM be like:
    Let's blame SD for 5G costs
    Let's blame Samsung for the Screen cost
    Let's blame Sony for camera costs
    ;);)

Let's make fun of Apple for doing things like removing essential things, increasing price and then we do the same after a year or so :sweatsmile::sweatsmile:

We will teach you how to fight with the Bad guys and then we will join them and leave you alone :smilingimp::smilingimp:

An Apple a day keeps doctors away :p:p

Secondbushome likes this.
  3. Secondbushome
    Honeycomb Apr 30, 2020

Secondbushome , via OnePlus 7 Pro , Apr 30, 2020 :
    I agree that there is a level of hypocrisy that Android OEMs are guilty of year over year. Pointing out something Apple does and then following the same trend a year later when everyone has gotten used to it. Looking back, it's pretty egregious. Hopefully they continue doing so with this pricing trend at least.

4. the_o2
    OnePlus 9 Series Expert Community Expert Apr 30, 2020

the_o2 , Apr 30, 2020 :
    They way they priced ths SE 2020, as you mentioned the prices of the phone may gonna be true.