Potential OnePlus Nord sale in North America via OnePlus Nord Blue Marble

1. CJTabunda , via OnePlus Nord Blue Marble , Nov 28, 2020 :
    If OnePlus would be releasing the Nord in North America, they should have released the original Nord, not the N series. Based on the reviews of the N10 and, especially, the N100, OnePlus, unfortunately has dropped the ball. Maybe OnePlus should have made a Nord 2.0 in the near future which features many of the things that we do not see on the original Nord. (By the way, I'm enjoying the OnePlus Nord so much, and I thank OnePlus for selling this phone here in the Philippines.)

What still bugs me out is the fact that OnePlus did not sell the Nord in North America. I mean, why? American and Canadian tech reviewers have generally held the Nord in high esteem because of the positive feedbacks they made. So there should be no reason for the Nord to not be in widespread use in North America.

So, what is the real reason? Would the flag carriers like T Mobile and Verizon not accept the Nord? I don't know the reason. Could someone please enlighten me on this matter. Thanks in advance.

2. Shailender Sharma
    Lollipop Nov 28, 2020

Shailender Sharma , Nov 28, 2020 :
    Most likely this would be the reason as explained in the article -
    https://www.gizmochina.com/2020/07/04/carl-pei-explains-why-oneplus-nord-is-not-launching-in-the-us/

3. CJTabunda , via OnePlus Nord Blue Marble , Nov 28, 2020 :
    Thanks for this info. But, to be honest, OnePlus really dropped the ball on this one. Not all North Americans can afford flagship phones. They opt for more affordable options, especially right now people are saving up money due to the pandemic situation. So, OnePlus should have sold the Nord to these countries. Such wasted opportunity 😩

4. Last edited by a moderator: Dec 1, 2020