Other Power Button Issue

1. 7ewis
    Gingerbread Jun 12, 2021

7ewis , Jun 12, 2021 :
    I've had a 9 Pro since day one and a few weeks ago, I started noticing the camera kept opening when I pressed the lock button.

At first I thought it was me, but now it's started happening multiple times per day.

Not sure if there's a hardware issue with the button, or if the software is too sensitive but it seems to keep detecting a double press despite only being pressed once. I've had the double press to open camera disabled for about a week and it seems to be fine - not noticed any effect of a double press, like the screen locking and then waking up again - so I suspect it could be a software issue with the double press detection shortcut.

I've seen a few others have the same problem on Reddit here: https://redd.it/mxfz8g

This started happening when I was using 11.2.5.5 and is still there on 11.2.6.6. I've just re-enabled double press for camera and it's still happening.

It's hard to reproduce, but happens at least a handful of times per day for me (was perfect for the first month or so of owning the phone).

Anyone else got this issue?

2. the_o2
    OnePlus 9 Series Expert Community Expert Jun 13, 2021

the_o2 , Jun 13, 2021 :
    Hi, mate
    It would be better if you report this issue here as well
    https://forums.oneplus.com/feedback

So the Developer get to know this.

Caomhin likes this.
  3. Nipu_1998
    The Lab Reviewer - OnePlus Nord 2 Jun 13, 2021

Nipu_1998 , via OnePlus 9 Pro , Jun 13, 2021 :
    Hi, please submit the feedback as directed by @the_02

Are you using any case on the device?
    Some cases might make the powerbutton too sensitive to presses

Caomhin likes this.
  4. 7ewis
    Gingerbread Jun 13, 2021

7ewis , via OnePlus 9 Pro , Jun 13, 2021 :
    Will report there too, thanks.

I'm using the official case that came with the phone, phone and case are very clean so no dirt or anything getting in the way either

the_o2 likes this.

subsidiary likes this.
  6. Pinku Reddy
    Gingerbread Jul 25, 2021

7. czuml
    Cupcake Aug 30, 2021

czuml , via OnePlus 9 Pro , Aug 30, 2021 :
    My OP 9pro got that issue too. At least i changed the double tap on power button to nothing that the phone doesn't start the camera all the time.
    I don't think it's a hardware issue, because some other user are reporting it and my phone never fell down. Reboot doesn't help and factory reset isn't an option.

8. L1622550721409 , via OnePlus 9 Pro , Aug 30, 2021 :
    I sent it for repair, now it's working fine. I don't think it's a hardware issue either, but according to the repair sheet, they have replaced the power button

9. rkcougars
    Eclair Sep 8, 2021