Power of Community: We want to hear from YOU!

1. Karis Y.
    OnePlus Branding Manager Staff Member Nov 24, 2021 at 10:00 PM

Karis Y. , Nov 24, 2021 at 10:00 PM :
    Nov-23-Banner.jpg

Hey everyone,

As we're nearing the end of the year, we want to circle back to something we initiated near the start of it: the Power of Community. Some of you may be confused as to what it is or what it actually means for the OnePlus family, so let's put it this way:

"Alone, we can do so little; Together, we can do so much." - Helen Keller

The Power of Community initiative was created to give you a glimpse of what goes into a product development cycle. And while we can't do that with actual products due to confidentiality issues, we find other things to emulate it. Power of Community preserves OnePlus' spirit of collaboration, participation, and focus on the users... all of you.

In other words...
    If OnePlus is the brand and body, then the Power of Community is the brain, the heart, the soul.

And all of you embody that.

So, to kick off the much-anticipated OnePlus Day and 8th anniversary on December 17, we're planning something special and need your help to set it in motion.

We're asking you:

1. WHAT MOTIVATES YOU TO JOIN A COMMUNITY?

Think about all ways you've been part of a community or something bigger than you - school, an extracurricular club, a gaming group, charity, volunteering, etc, and ask yourself what drew you most to join a community?

2. WHAT'S ONE OF THE MOST MEMORABLE MOMENTS YOU EXPERIENCED IN THE ONEPLUS COMMUNITY AND WHY?
    It can be anything - a moment that inspired you, brought you out of your shell, made you laugh, made you excited, made you a new friend, etc.

There are no wrong answers! Comment away 👇😃

2. Cheetosdust
    Moderator, Content Coordinator Moderator Nov 24, 2021 at 10:34 PM

Cheetosdust , Nov 24, 2021 at 10:34 PM :
    To connect with like-minded people and to be surprised by people who by thinking differently complement me somehow.

To join a Community is to relieve the first day of school; to stay with a Community is the discovery of the subjects. More, to stay with a Community is to not even think when we're online, a second skin. And when we notice, it's the people magnetizing the daily login:

a click akin to drink water.

I don't think the hardest part is the motivation to join a Community - curiosity makes it an easy affair; no, the hardest part is to keep a Community so interesting and engaging that there's no need to motivate.

There are a lot of memorable moments that I was fortunate to experience during these past few years, most starting within the Wormhole. Three highlights:
    The first allowed me to proper think about writing. The second one allowed me to discover new friends here on the forums, confirming other friendships for life during the process.

And this is connected to my first point: during those two moments, like many others, there was no motivation needed. There was no boredom, there was nothing that was not the pure connection through a place hosted by a tech company.

Oh, and if you are wondering about the third highlight, here it is. Just read a few pages, no Moderators nor Cupcakes; no Admins nor lurkers, just a bunch of friends having the time of their lives, respecting the rules and trying their best to make the other laugh.

And if that's not one of the cornerstones of any Community, then I don't know what is.

3. BobbyV8_
    The Lab² Reviewer - Insta360 GO 2 Nov 25, 2021 at 1:08 AM

BobbyV8_ , Nov 25, 2021 at 1:08 AM :
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    (memory loading)

4. Karis Y.
    OnePlus Branding Manager Staff Member Nov 25, 2021 at 1:53 AM

Karis Y. , Nov 25, 2021 at 1:53 AM :
    Thanks for sharing...!! it just remind me why OnePlus Community is so different and unique. The one and only OnePlus Community

5. Amogchilupuri
    Gingerbread Nov 25, 2021 at 2:29 AM

6. Starcommander
    OnePlus Accessory Tester Nov 25, 2021 at 2:42 AM

Starcommander , Nov 25, 2021 at 2:42 AM :
    Had you asked me this question before 2018, my answer would be to work together in realising the common goal of the community. For me, the sole objective of any community was helping people. But then I joined OnePlus forums. My primary objective was to get technical support. However, with time, this forums helped me realise a bigger aspect of a community - "making friends". My outlook towards a community changed since then. The main motivation behind joining a community now lies in the members who make it a better place. I have often been in an awkward moment when I keep thinking what should I say to that person, but when you are in a community, this fear vanishes. One will always have a bucket full of conversations which adds a beauty to communities.
    There are so many :oops:
    I went to watch a movie, "Jumanji: The Next Level" with one of my OnePlus community friend. That was the first time I had travelled for more than 2 hours to meet someone. On top of that, I never informed my parents about that encounter :p. The funny part was, we met on the 6th OnePlus anniversary and we were looking for a OnePlus store to win something:D. Who said OnePlus was just a brand? It was an emotion back then.

The second most memorable moment has to be the offline Goa OEF. I have wrote about this in lot of my articles.

Last edited: Nov 25, 2021 at 2:59 AM

7. haildarkseid
    Gingerbread Nov 25, 2021 at 2:44 AM

haildarkseid , via OnePlus Community App , Nov 25, 2021 at 2:44 AM :
    1. Community is a group of like minded people and more people means more ideas and more information which enables us to explore facts and stuff we never knew before. That's enough motivation for me to join any community.

2. OnePlus Community never leaves any stone unturned to keep their users engaged and entertained. Every day I login and I come across some or other content that makes me participate in it and throughout the same, have my share of enjoyment.
    Love the way @Cheetosdust supports everyone and huge shout-out to all the people who make this community awesome.

8. Abhiram.a12
    Gingerbread Nov 25, 2021 at 2:46 AM

Vampire006 and haildarkseid like this.
  9. Amogchilupuri
    Gingerbread Nov 25, 2021 at 2:47 AM

M1577488459704 and haildarkseid like this.
  10. Abhiram.a12
    Gingerbread Nov 25, 2021 at 2:55 AM

Abhiram.a12 , Nov 25, 2021 at 2:55 AM :
    It'll come with embedded 1+ logo, would you consider taking it home with ya!? 😏

haildarkseid likes this.
  11. Aayush@47
    Gingerbread Nov 25, 2021 at 3:01 AM

atenaa, Dresa91 and Antonio_Luis like this.
  12. Syrix
    Honeycomb Nov 25, 2021 at 3:08 AM

Syrix , via OnePlus 9 Pro , Nov 25, 2021 at 3:08 AM :
    What motivates me personally to join a community?

Like Cheeto said, like-minded individuals, but also people that want to see each other grow, develop and succeed. This is something that tells me inner values when I see others take time to comment with their experiences and beyond. Being willing to help someone through a tech problem or even a life problem is a huge factor. It's creates a new perspective for each party as well, so a win-win.

The next being a place to experiment and get inspiration. We don't know EVERY way to capture a shot and here as well as other programs, we have the photography section, tech and overall help. I will gladly help others like they did me on XDA and here over my tech era. (Still continuing)

My story with OnePlus has been:

A story of hardware, appearance and software. The first time I heard of OnePlus was the OnePlus 1, my personal device was the OnePlus 3 with that full metal body. 🤤Hearing that it had 6Gb of RAM was a power users dream and the software had gotten better and better. Not to mention it had RAW output support! Then if I wanted to mix it up and add some spice, we had amazing developer support for any possible need. The more time they were on the market, the more I wanted the next device. But to step away from the brand and into the community now, I love the people here. Yes I have negative interactions with fla few people. The overall majority has been with amazing people that are really into tech. Wether it's the display, cameras or other parts of it, you can find a fellow nerd or creative. This has been something that I've enjoyed.

Stepping into the physical world. My favorite moment was the New Angle NY event. Everyone involved was INCREDIBLE. From fellow photography ambassadors to new faces or veterans, it was amazing. There were laughs had, smiles shown and a lot of photo taking. This is my kind of jam!

Moving into the software again, I've gained more excitement. I look forward to the righter integrations if it creates a new and more creative platform to just do! From the camera to the apps we use to chat with each other. This is a must, no matter what. I love to talk to friends, family and new people. Thanks for having me and making the products you do.

13. nerdkabir
    The Lab² - Oclean X Pro Elite Reviewer Nov 25, 2021 at 3:47 AM

Helder_DAlmeida, SRD., atenaa and 2 others like this.
  14. Dresa91
    User of the Year 2016; Most Active User 2020 Community Expert Nov 25, 2021 at 5:28 AM

Dresa91 , Nov 25, 2021 at 5:28 AM :
    Back in 2016 I bought the OnePlus 3 and I wanted to take part in the OnePlus Community to get the latest news and make new friends:)

Everyday is a memorable moment in the community:)
    My friends in the community are like a second family for me:)

15. Sishvik
    Eclair Nov 25, 2021 at 5:36 AM

Sishvik , via OnePlus 9 Winter Mist , Nov 25, 2021 at 5:36 AM :
    In simple words, the community i am interested in motivates me to get the best result possible through interaction with the members and let myself open up my thoughts and try something different and make it look as good as possible to everyone in the community.
    The OP community being OP in almost everything, let me learn what is possible with a OP device and also how to use them to make the most out of. The community felt like a combination of all worlds like the spoiler in the upcoming movie 'Marvel's Spiderman: No way Home'.
    I was also wondering how unique would it be to have a OnePlus branded laptop.

View attachment 1724955

Attached Files:

atenaa and Dresa91 like this.
  16. Antonio_Luis
    The Lab² - Oclean X Pro Elite Reviewer Nov 25, 2021 at 5:42 AM

Antonio_Luis , via OnePlus 9 Pro co-developed with Hasselblad , Nov 25, 2021 at 5:42 AM :
    The thing that motivated me to join the community was the idea that I could be part of something that I like and engage with other people that like the same thing.
    Finding friends and people that have similar interests isn't always easy, but OnePlus created this community and really helped me with that. In my every day life, I always feel like the odd person out. I had all these thoughts, ideas and interests that the majority of people in my daily life didn't understand. I found it hard to relate to people in my daily life because of this. People always assumed I was quiet and shy or bashful. In all honesty, I kind of thought I was that way too, until I made friends that had similar interests as I have and now I never shut up 😂. said:
    Thank you OnePlus for being the catalyst for me to open up and be myself. Thank you to the people in the community for pushing me and encouraging me and engaging with me. You have all given me strength when I needed it the most and for that I am eternally grateful.
    Stand out moments for me definitely has to be all OEFs, online and offline events that I've been so lucky to be a part of. From helping out in 2019 with the launch of the 7 Pro, to my first flight ever thanks to the Austin Texas Photography Event, and the latest photography event in NYC, they are all memorable and stand out in their own ways.
    At the end of they day, it all boils down to connecting with people and friendships for me. I'm so glad to have something like this that I can be a part of. I'm truly thankful for you all. And with that said..... HAPPY THANKSGIVING EVERYONE!!!

Last edited: Nov 25, 2021 at 9:06 PM

17. Tyrell joseph Brown
    Cupcake Nov 25, 2021 at 5:52 AM

Navdeep_Malik likes this.
  18. G_plusone
    Nougat Nov 25, 2021 at 6:52 AM

19. McJader
    Marshmallow Nov 25, 2021 at 8:41 AM

20. G_plusone
    Nougat Nov 25, 2021 at 9:03 AM