Power of Community: We want to hear from YOU!

1. Tobikage
    Nougat Nov 25, 2021

Tobikage , Nov 25, 2021 :
    I'm more confused by the fact that this thread is by the "OnePlus Branding Manager" and not the Community Consultant or Community Manager if there is even one at this point....

Nothing against you personally though...

2. Cheetosdust
    Moderator, Content Coordinator Moderator Nov 25, 2021

Cheetosdust , Nov 25, 2021 :
    It is true - this Community gave me much more than I could ever imagine.

The updates from the company are nice, but it is all about the effortless connections underlying them.

I also hope that the memories shared here can inspire the team to a stellar 2022.

Karis Y. and Dresa91 like this.
  3. SRD.
    Lollipop Nov 25, 2021

SRD. , Nov 25, 2021 :
    @Cheetosdust already mentioned what motivates him, me, and many more community members to join a Community.
    For me, A community is a group of like-minded people with a feeling of inclusiveness who strive for a common objective.
    The main objective I feel is, " Stay together, stay strong".
    Being a volunteer for social work on many occasions I felt that, " Giving back to society" is the best way of expressing your inner core.
    Oneplus is no exception. Co-creation campaigns are the major component that strengthens the bond between users & product developers and the reason why the Oneplus community is one of the Best Communities in the tech world.
    Having a powerful community of 5 million has its own advantage.

Why did I join the Oneplus community?
    Boredom brought me here. You heard me right ( Though I joined the community on Dec'19, I was active since April'20)
    While checking out what's inside the red logo of the community app during the lockdown, I found a world full of some wonderful people and I am still getting my daily motivation from them.

For me, since the day I joined, The Oneplus community is full of memorable moments.
    The response I received when I posted a simple message "Hi" in the wormhole, made me feel like I have been a part of the community since day-1. @dsmonteiro helped me publish my first thread in the community.

Unfortunately, Never met anyone in person, But I would love to join the wonderful community in some Offline event.
    Online OEFs are some of the most memorable moments for me as of date.
    I Won some contests and the kind of support my friends in this community showered on me, I always cherish those moments.

One day, I received a message from @buntycubal wishing me on my Birthday ( I didn't post anywhere about it). I don't know from where she got to know about it, but I felt privileged and valued.

Sometimes we appreciate good things, sometimes we criticize; just because of the sense of belongingness.
    Such small small happiness makes this community & the bond between the members stronger.

Thanks for the thread @Karis Y.

4. Bobbie63
    Marshmallow Nov 25, 2021

Bobbie63 , Nov 25, 2021 :
    I was thinking the same thing, then again it’s a bit like kicking in an open door I guess. “Power of the Community”…….I still wonder what exactly is meant by this. Creating a water bottle, testing a new “sort of” community app? I don’t think there is any power of this community in all honesty, nor do I think there shouldn’t be one, not in relation to OnePlus as a product or company. However, it would be nice if OnePlus at least would listen to some parts of this community and the feedback users give them and not just pick the cherries.

5. Bobbie63
    Marshmallow Nov 25, 2021

Well we all know your birthday is November 4.:rolleyes:

6. Tobikage
    Nougat Nov 25, 2021

OnePlus Marketing disagrees with everything you just said and would like you to believe otherwise !

7. SRD.
    Lollipop Nov 25, 2021

SRD. , Nov 25, 2021 :
    Back then nobody knew. :(

8. Bobbie63
    Marshmallow Nov 25, 2021

Are you sure it wasn’t in your profile back then?

9. SRD.
    Lollipop Nov 25, 2021

SRD. , Nov 25, 2021 :
    I don't know. May be /may be not. 😃. But who checks that for someone invisible ?

10. Tobikage
    Nougat Nov 25, 2021

11. Bobbie63
    Marshmallow Nov 25, 2021

bunty's ways are mysterious. :)

12. McJader
    Marshmallow Nov 25, 2021

McJader , Nov 25, 2021 :
    The people, of course.
    They are the most important factor.
    People with intelligent opinions, and that are fun to interact with. People who are ready to learn and ready to teach.
    It isn't a particular moment.
    The general inclusivity and helpfulness I encountered when I first joined, from the peeps in WoHo(a lot of whom have now left the thread due to various reasons) welcoming me and and all their interesting posts, to Sonia and dsm's guidance at the start. Then there's the banter some of us have on "fun" threads, Bobbie, Toko, Dresa, y'all know who you are:p. Writing Unofficial Week In Reviews and interacting with people in those comments also has to be one of the top moments

13. Young_Blood
    KitKat Nov 25, 2021

14. McJader
    Marshmallow Nov 25, 2021

McJader , Nov 25, 2021 :
    Here's what I think:
    The POC stuff is different from all the regular forum activities that DSM,etc arrange.
    While they are part of a larger team and do coordinate, I feel they are also somewhat independent.

15. Bobbie63
    Marshmallow Nov 25, 2021

Independent or uncoordinated?:rolleyes:

16. McJader
    Marshmallow Nov 25, 2021

17. Tobikage
    Nougat Nov 25, 2021

You'd know..... McPotter !

18. McJader
    Marshmallow Nov 25, 2021

McJader , Nov 25, 2021 :
    The key words in my post were "I think" and "I feel" :rolleyes::p I have no idea about the actual causes.

19. ZumodeVidrio , via OnePlus 9 Pro Morning Mist , Nov 25, 2021 :
    Communities create knowledge and add value as long as we respect the opinion and way of seeing of each member. The community seeks integration, talent, knowledge, support and always seeks to solve common problems for the good of all

ShadowWalker20 and BetiK like this.
  20. eddyros
    Ice Cream Sandwich Nov 25, 2021

eddyros , Nov 25, 2021 :
    Motivation grows on me day by day. I began years ago, I was a little sceptical about the power of OP community, but in few months I understood why people talking so good about it! I decided to join the first contest/giveaways, then I tried to help people and they used to thank me. So, the real motivation is that I seem to be part of a big family.

The most memorable moment was when I Won OP8T. I remembered the day like it was yesterday. I saw the contest thread, it claimed: "Make a video using our virtual OP8T unboxing page". I put 101% of my effort to that video. I spent 2 whole days in order to deliver the best footage I've ever had.
    One morning, I woke up, I opened Twitter and I saw a notification on the bell. OnePlus chase me and other 2 people as winners! I ran around my house screaming loud. :D:D

BetiK, J1637991035563, atenaa and 3 others like this.