Power-on password

1. C1616854813634
    Cupcake Jul 22, 2021

C1616854813634 , Jul 22, 2021 :
    I closed my phone (8 pro) for a few days, and when I open it again, there is a full-keyboard to input the password, which is not the same as the normal interface, I can open it with 6-dig number or fingerprint. And I try all the possible passwords, but it's not working. I don’t remember when I set this password, and how to find it. otherwise, I need to reset it and lose everything.

rHITkM. likes this.
  2. rHITkM.
    Jelly Bean Jul 22, 2021

daviddavid.chiang likes this.
  3. TheDecaCat
    Cupcake Jul 29, 2021

rHITkM. likes this.
  4. rHITkM.
    Jelly Bean Jul 29, 2021

rHITkM. , Jul 29, 2021 :
    Were you trying to clear cache or erase data or what? If you want any of this you enter by inputting your password or pin that you have set for the lock screen.

If it was accidentally and want to get out of this mode then try this: keep pressing power button untill screen shuts down, by doing so your phone will be power off . Wait for 5-10 sec and now now simply Re-start by keep pressing the power button until it vibrates.

5. TheDecaCat
    Cupcake Jul 29, 2021

TheDecaCat , Jul 29, 2021 :
    My dude you have no idea.
    My oneplus 8 was stuttering a bit so I thought "Hey, a quick reboot will fix it."

Boy was I wrong. Every time i restarted it it came to this password screen. I held down volume+ and power button, volume + AND - AND power botton... Every time it came to this same screen.

My SIM pin did not work.
    My 6 digit unlock code did not work (not even twice after each other)
    My google acc password did not work.

At one point the device didn't want to turn off again. It kept restarting. Sometimes I got to the fast boot screen (or whatever it's called), Sometimes the screen turned back on the moment I let loose of one of the buttons.

I have asked many sites, and have been at this for a few hours now.

But now.
    Now

It was just fixed.
    Just like that. I did nothing special.

I think I used my unlock code again, and the device started up like normal.

Boy was this stressfull. I'm happy I never used the 'Forgot password' option, as that would've probably erased all my pics 'n stuff.

Thank you for anwsering anyway :) But i'm happy to tell you it's not necessary anymore... for now.

G_plusone and rHITkM. like this.
  6. rHITkM.
    Jelly Bean Jul 29, 2021

rHITkM. , Jul 29, 2021 :
    Good to know it started again and working fine.
    It could be a glitch or bug in the os try to report it so that it can't go unnoticed.

https://forums.oneplus.com/feedback/
    Please provide feedback directly to OnePlus using above given link.

G_plusone likes this.
  7. daviddavid.chiang
    Cupcake Aug 16, 2021

daviddavid.chiang , via OnePlus 8 , Aug 16, 2021 :
    Following your instruction: *keep pressing power button untill screen shuts down, by doing so your phone will be power off . Wait for 5-10 sec and now now simply Re-start by keep pressing the power button until it vibrates.". It works! Thank you very much. Why I got this situation yesterday and today twice? Am I running out of my storage, how can I increase the storage or delete some apps/personal pictures?

rHITkM. likes this.
  8. rHITkM.
    Jelly Bean Aug 16, 2021

rHITkM. , Aug 16, 2021 :
    Glad to know that I was able to help you 🙂.
    Even I don't know the reason why your device wanted to do this, probably XDA developer might have an answer.
    If you want to clean phone storage
    You can check for storage in Setting ➡️ storage or in File Manager app
    If you want to delete something then gallary, File manager are good options in order to clean unwanted, unused files.
    If you delete something from gallary then the files that you have deleted will not delete completely untill 30 days of the the actual date of deletion of a photo or video because they moved to recently deleted section, if you want to clear that immediately, then in the gallery go to Recently Deleted section at the bottom of the Collection page, delete photos and videos from here as well.
    In the File Manager app opening screen is Catagory one, scroll down you will see large file ls section, as the name suggests it contains large files stored in your device like OTA Updates that you had downloaded manually.
    Similarly you can browse each and every folder to check what to keep and delete.

9. G1638196936612
    Cupcake Nov 29, 2021

G1638196936612 , Nov 29, 2021 :
    Hi, were you able to solve the issue without hard reset?