Power questions from a newbie

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. markeattnet
    Froyo Jun 16, 2017

markeattnet , Jun 16, 2017 :
    OK, I hate to be that guy with the questions that are probably been answered for hundred times, but I'm having trouble finding the information I need and could use some help.

I just got a 3t and I am concerned about charging it. I know everything will go the way it should if I use the dash charger and red cable, but I've got other chargers plugged in all over the house and would like to be able to use them with this phone. Can I charge this phone with a standard charger and a high-quality USB-C Cable or will that prove harmful to the battery or the phone? I'm going to have to buy new cables, I don't have any other USB-C Devices, but I would like to be able to keep using the Multi outlet charging bricks I have around the house.

Thanks in advance for any advice you can share. I will do everything I can to make sure this is my only question ever about this phone.

2. toastytoast1234
    Marshmallow Jun 16, 2017

Best Answer
    toastytoast1234 , Jun 16, 2017 :
    Why would it harm your phone? Keep in mind that 99% of everything you read on the Internet about battery care is complete uninformed bullshit.

Get a power source, get a USB-C cable to match, charge away and be happy.

3. patrice58
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jun 16, 2017

patrice58 , Jun 16, 2017 :
    If you do use a normal charging plug with the OnePlus red USB C charging lead. Then it should work fine, the only problem is that is won't dash charge, it will however charge normally.

markeattnet likes this.
  4. Am_Vks
    Gingerbread Jun 16, 2017

Am_Vks , Jun 16, 2017 :
    All it matters is type-C cable. Would not matter which type charger you are using. It's just that the ability to dash will be taken away.

5. manimaarans
    Honeycomb Jun 16, 2017

manimaarans , Jun 16, 2017 :
    But I realized one thing when charging with other charger is that when you charge your one plus 3, the phone gets very hot even when kept idle. With dash charger it felt warm but after reaching 70% it will become relatively lot cooler.
    So I stopped charging with non dash charger unless there is an emergency.
    Maybe it is just my device.

6. drmartin
    Moderator Moderator Jun 16, 2017