Powerbang AMA Live Thread. See his answers!

1. Ruby G.
    NA Community Manager Staff Member Sep 26, 2019

Ruby G. , Sep 26, 2019 :
    Screen Shot 2019-09-30 at 11.47.17 AM.png

Friends,

Thanks for joining us for launch day. Powerbang will start posting his chosen questions and responses after the broadcast of the OnePlus 7T Reveal is done. We'll pin his responses up top so that you don't miss out.

The prizes up for grabs (as mentioned in the questions collection thread):
    -If your question is chosen, we’ll send you a pair of Bullets Wireless 2.
    -The person who submits Powerbang’s favorite question will win an Explorer Backpack.

We invite you to hang out and chat while you're waiting. If you have any questions after watching the OnePlus 7T Reveal, feel free to ask here as well. @Powerbang or I will help out with answers where we can. :)

9/30 Update
    Thank you to everyone who submitted a question! Congratulations to the following users for getting their questions chosen:

@Acorn1202, @AriesGO, @AttackSquid
    @Bmwlvr82
    @C1559799978599
    @edy6401
    @G1565199524596, @G_f43a97_(F43a97)_tqKm, @G_James_Wills_zDfr
    @I1558509560425
    @J1568815454894, @jonathanv93, @isha.jain45
    @M1557782920145, @M1568300509296, @manuel19, @Mikey Almeida
    @narceoneplus2, @narutocoolguy
    @omgitskd
    @pdlckett
    @Ramon_Phillips
    @seangonzalez74, @Starcommander, @Steve C1542843931671
    @tewksindahat

I'm pleased to announce the winner of Powerbang's favorite question was the one from @Starcommander.

Hope everyone had a blast fun in our live AMA event. Let me know who you'd like to see next for an AMA on the OnePlus forums.

2. Powerbang
    AMA guest Sep 26, 2019

Stickied Post
    Powerbang , Sep 26, 2019 :
    The most important thing for gaming is that your frame rates are smooth, and that the device just performs at maximum efficiency. So I suppose the most important single component would be the processor. Luckily OnePlus is in the habit of packing the best components into their devices, and since joining the OnePlus family myself, that’s been my #1 favorite benefit: the phone is a monster and runs every app beautifully and more importantly: flawlessly!

3. Powerbang
    AMA guest Sep 26, 2019

Stickied Post
    My favorite software feature on the new OnePlus 7T has to be in the camera, and while there are a bunch of great features all over the place… I REALLY enjoy the super macro mode that you can find in the top right of the camera app by clicking the flower icon. This lets you get SUPER close to your subject, and for some otherworldly reason, it stays in focus and sharp.

4. Powerbang
    AMA guest Sep 26, 2019

Stickied Post
    Honestly, I don’t play a TON of games on my phone, I have my select few and the majority of my “hardcore” gaming time is spent playing PUBG MOBILE. I would honestly say that the OnePlus 7T runs games amazingly inside of just the standard gaming mode. So much so, that many times I forget to turn the Fnatic mode on, which only goes to improve the experience. Regardless of the mode you choose, I am confident that you’ll really enjoy the experience.

5. Powerbang
    AMA guest Sep 26, 2019

Stickied Post
    Is this the place where I guarantee beyond the shadow of a doubt that using a OnePlus will give you big beefy forearms like mine? Oh… it’s not? Got it. Well, I don’t lift often… but when I do… I lift a OnePlus!

6. Powerbang
    AMA guest Sep 26, 2019

Stickied Post
    I love spending time with my wife & 3 kids. I also run a digital media talent agency called Aftershock Media Group and represent techy gamer nerds like me when it comes to working with brands.

7. Powerbang
    AMA guest Sep 26, 2019

Stickied Post
    I knew early on that I could utilize the power of the internet to grow any career I could imagine. When my gaming passion started to show some signs of growth and revenue that got me thinking “Hey… maybe I could make something of this…”I told my wife and she was incredibly supportive (to an extent). It was hard work essentially working a full time job from 6:30am to 5:00pm and then working on my content from 10:00pm to 3:00am every day for 2 years. Eventually something had to give, and I was encouraged by my family to go after my dreams of building a business around my passion. Happy that I listened!

8. Powerbang
    AMA guest Sep 26, 2019

Stickied Post
    That’s a great question… I’m honestly not sure - I have not put a timer so much on use, as I have on getting BACK into the game. I can grab a 70-75% charge in around a half hour of charging, and can fully charge the phone in an hour. There have been SO many times when just a quick 5 or 10 minutes can get me hours and hours of extra fun. Plugging in for a few minutes at an airport, or in the morning after you fell asleep and forgot to charge your phone. With Warp Charge 30… you never have to be super concerned with battery life.

9. Powerbang
    AMA guest Sep 26, 2019

Stickied Post
    I don’t know that too many games have shaped me as a person. Not the games themselves, but maybe the community that I met THROUGH those games have helped shape me… I don’t know. I would say the most influential games of my life have been (in no particular order): Baseball Stars (NES), Goldeneye 64 (N64), Counter-Strike 1.5 & 1.6 (PC), World of Warcraft (PC), Clash of Clans (Mobile), and PUBG MOBILE.

10. Powerbang
    AMA guest Sep 26, 2019

Stickied Post
    The first game I was fanatically passionate about was… well, I can’t remember which one was first to be honest: Let’s say it’s between Warcraft 2, and Goldeneye 64. Both of these were enough to get me to haul entire PC’s & consoles to my friends’ houses to have LAN parties and just game together. Super fun times and memories with those.

ROHAN_DUTTA likes this.
  11. Powerbang
    AMA guest Sep 26, 2019

Stickied Post
    Man, this would be a bit interesting… I was just playing Crowd City, a stupid little mobile game where you try to build the biggest “crowd” of people or animals. If your crowd is bigger than someone else’s crowd… you can capture them and add them. Just like the title of the game, it takes place in a city… SO I could see a bunch of little PB’s running for their lives constantly in some cartoon city, and that would be weird.

ROHAN_DUTTA likes this.
  12. Powerbang
    AMA guest Sep 26, 2019

Stickied Post
    Temperature is always a big concern in gaming, or computer processing in general. Heat is not something you want to deal with and can have a negative impact on performance. MANY phones suffer from auto-dimming, frame drop, etc. when they get too hot. I will say that the OnePlus devices do get a bit warm to the touch after long periods of use, BUT to their credit, I’ve never had that warmth result in any sort of compromise in performance. Never have I dropped frames, lagged, or had the screen dim due to temperature, which is pretty impressive.

13. Powerbang
    AMA guest Sep 26, 2019

Stickied Post
    I really enjoy shooter games, but more than that, I enjoy strategic games, and games where you can work as a team. When I saw that one of the biggest brands on PC was going to dip its toes into the mobile market, I knew I had to take part. It really helped that I was kind of burned out on my previous game, so the timing just worked out really well for the global launch of PUBG MOBILE.

L1569055923109 and ROHAN_DUTTA like this.
  14. Powerbang
    AMA guest Sep 26, 2019

Stickied Post
    I always am plugged in while playing because whenever I’m playing games, I’m also recording them. Part of my setup is an USB-C to HDMI adapter, where you can also send power there… Unfortunately there are no good consumer products available that have a 90 degree cable AND can convert the audiovisual signal to HDMI format. I’d LOVE if there was, but I’m still crossing my fingers waiting for that day to come.

buntycubal likes this.
  15. Powerbang
    AMA guest Sep 26, 2019

Stickied Post
    I know a few people who are currently taking part in meetings with the International Olympic Committee regarding the involvement of esports in Olympic competition. Pretty cool for gamers, but I don’t know if it will make it or not. Let’s say it will, and it will be in 12-16 years.

Abhi Dahiya likes this.
  16. Powerbang
    AMA guest Sep 26, 2019

Stickied Post
    Have to go with the trusty M24. I’m a sniper at heart, and that weapon just feels RIGHT in my hands.

17. Powerbang
    AMA guest Sep 26, 2019

Stickied Post
    Everything I’ve tried to use with the 7T has been really easy.

18. Powerbang
    AMA guest Sep 26, 2019

Stickied Post
    The feel is one of the things I really enjoy about the OnePlus 7T. Ergonomically it is a great fit, and all of the buttons are located in easily accessible spots. You don’t cover the camera or the speakers when you’re holding it, so that’s great foresight from the engineers and designers. Is the headphone jack too low hanging of fruit for things I would change? Just kidding… I actually have been fully converted to bluetooth headsets, but I know some gamers would like the hard wire just to have the lowest latency possible when it comes to their audio cues in game.

19. Powerbang
    AMA guest Sep 26, 2019

Stickied Post
    Cinnamon Toast Crunch has to be the answer.

buntycubal likes this.
  20. Powerbang
    AMA guest Sep 26, 2019

Stickied Post
    Yes I’ve used the Bullets Wireless, and while I did not expect much when I opened them I was shocked at how good they are. They’ve completely replaced my AirPods. They are louder, don’t fall out of my ears, and charge for 10 hours of play-time in less than 10 minutes. Crazy. As far as the phone goes… Better is almost everything. Coming from an iPhone, I can confidently say that the OnePlus 7T is just a superior device all the way around. The part I would say is worse is software related. Game developers hire different teams to build their iOS & Android products. In PUBG MOBILE, you’re actually playing two different versions of the same thing. Except iOS tends to handle recoil control a bit better.

omgitskd likes this.
  21. Powerbang
    AMA guest Sep 26, 2019

Stickied Post
    One million times, yes.

Sharlimar likes this.
  22. Powerbang
    AMA guest Sep 26, 2019

Stickied Post
    I once streamed for 24 hours with all proceeds going to charity. It was long, and grueling… but that’s probably the longest I’ve gamed in one straight session.

maerskdileep likes this.
  23. Powerbang
    AMA guest Sep 26, 2019

Stickied Post
    Yeah I’m bringing the 7T for sure. Zombie apocalypse just seems like it would be dark outside, and there’s not a phone on the planet that can capture the moment in the dark like the OnePlus 7T can with its Nightscape Camera Mode.

24. Powerbang
    AMA guest Sep 26, 2019

Stickied Post
    Lit.

25. Powerbang
    AMA guest Sep 26, 2019

Stickied Post
    I think keeping phones cool is important, keeping them charged up is important, and making sure your fingers are clean and not sticky is also pretty key. Make sure you wash your hands before playing, and if they’re TOO moist and your fingers don’t slide… try a little deodorant or small amount of baby powder on your finger tips. I’m sure there’s a meme that can go with this!

26. Powerbang
    AMA guest Sep 26, 2019

Stickied Post
    The kind that delivers his pizza early.

ledsled and jonathanv93 like this.
  27. Powerbang
    AMA guest Sep 26, 2019

Stickied Post
    I would love to see some epic gaming cases for the OnePlus family. If I had to pick one company I’d choose Mobile Gaming Corps. I worked with them to develop some amazing “Powerbang Edition” cases which are some of the coolest in the world, and they’re getting ready to drop some AWESOME OnePlus cases as well.

AttackSquid and L1569055923109 like this.
  28. Powerbang
    AMA guest Sep 26, 2019

Stickied Post
    Why would I turn on the battery saver, which is great, when I could just lay down and hide for a second plug my phone in to Warp Charge 30 for a minute or so and gain myself another 30-60 minutes of game time. Certainly enough to finish out the game with a chicken dinner with no worries!

29. Powerbang
    AMA guest Sep 26, 2019

Stickied Post
    Thanks so much to OnePlus for having me, and thanks to the community for all of your questions! I've been rocking a OnePlus now for quite some time as my daily driver, and the 7T enhances this experience even further! Super pumped for the future! Headed out now, but if you guys have additional questions, you can always ping me on Twitter!

30. luigimario
    The Lab - OnePlus 6T Reviewer Sep 26, 2019

31. naveenraj0109
    Cupcake Sep 26, 2019

G_plusone likes this.
  32. akp2016
    Eclair Sep 26, 2019

G_plusone likes this.
  33. Ruby G.
    NA Community Manager Staff Member Sep 26, 2019

AbhishekS287, G_plusone and akp2016 like this.
  34. G_plusone
    Marshmallow Sep 26, 2019

35. IamGabrielAnanda
    Cupcake Sep 26, 2019

Thendrack likes this.
  36. IamGabrielAnanda
    Cupcake Sep 26, 2019

37. B1569509308966
    Cupcake Sep 26, 2019

38. notrob
    Cupcake Sep 26, 2019

notrob , Sep 26, 2019 :
    Their new update ruined my OP3 so I am tempted to upgrade but.. I dono

39. I1569509705805
    Cupcake Sep 26, 2019

40. MurphSAN84 , via OnePlus 7 Pro T-Mobile , Sep 26, 2019 :
    What are some of the technological advantages that OnePlus has over competing manufacturers? What boundaries are you pushing to ensure that your mobile devices remain affordable, yet premium?

41. P1569509669979
    Cupcake Sep 26, 2019

42. XnessaX88
    Cupcake Sep 26, 2019

XnessaX88 , Sep 26, 2019 :
    Since there are so many amazing features on this phone, what would you say is the best feature that blows it out of the water and puts it above other flagships on terms of gaming performance? The huge battery, amazing 90 Hertz display, processor, memory or the crazy fast dash charge?!

43. C1569509936500
    Cupcake Sep 26, 2019