Powerbang AMA Live Thread. See his answers!

1. P1569509669979
    Cupcake Sep 26, 2019

2. Powerbang
    AMA guest Sep 26, 2019

Stickied Post
    Powerbang , Sep 26, 2019 :
    I knew early on that I could utilize the power of the internet to grow any career I could imagine. When my gaming passion started to show some signs of growth and revenue that got me thinking “Hey… maybe I could make something of this…”I told my wife and she was incredibly supportive (to an extent). It was hard work essentially working a full time job from 6:30am to 5:00pm and then working on my content from 10:00pm to 3:00am every day for 2 years. Eventually something had to give, and I was encouraged by my family to go after my dreams of building a business around my passion. Happy that I listened!

3. Powerbang
    AMA guest Sep 26, 2019

Stickied Post
    That’s a great question… I’m honestly not sure - I have not put a timer so much on use, as I have on getting BACK into the game. I can grab a 70-75% charge in around a half hour of charging, and can fully charge the phone in an hour. There have been SO many times when just a quick 5 or 10 minutes can get me hours and hours of extra fun. Plugging in for a few minutes at an airport, or in the morning after you fell asleep and forgot to charge your phone. With Warp Charge 30… you never have to be super concerned with battery life.

4. Powerbang
    AMA guest Sep 26, 2019

Stickied Post
    I don’t know that too many games have shaped me as a person. Not the games themselves, but maybe the community that I met THROUGH those games have helped shape me… I don’t know. I would say the most influential games of my life have been (in no particular order): Baseball Stars (NES), Goldeneye 64 (N64), Counter-Strike 1.5 & 1.6 (PC), World of Warcraft (PC), Clash of Clans (Mobile), and PUBG MOBILE.

5. Powerbang
    AMA guest Sep 26, 2019

Stickied Post
    The first game I was fanatically passionate about was… well, I can’t remember which one was first to be honest: Let’s say it’s between Warcraft 2, and Goldeneye 64. Both of these were enough to get me to haul entire PC’s & consoles to my friends’ houses to have LAN parties and just game together. Super fun times and memories with those.

ROHAN_DUTTA likes this.
  6. IamMitesh
    Gingerbread Sep 26, 2019

IamMitesh , Sep 26, 2019 :
    When should The new OxygenOS 10 will be rolled out to us?
    for Oneplus7 and Oneplus7 pro?
    It is shown that it is partly rolled out and we still eagerly waiting for the same!

7. V1569357860735
    Donut Sep 26, 2019

V1569357860735 , Sep 26, 2019 :
    Hey PB! I'm a huge fan and supporter of your videos and content on YouTube and Twitch. I'm curious about whether the iPhone 11 Pro can compete with the OnePlus 7T when it comes to performance and gaming? I have heard from others in the past that games tend to be smoother on iPhones than Android. I'm sure you can only speak from your personal experience, but I'd love to get your feedback on this. Thanks for all you do. #bangernation

8. Powerbang
    AMA guest Sep 26, 2019

Stickied Post
    Man, this would be a bit interesting… I was just playing Crowd City, a stupid little mobile game where you try to build the biggest “crowd” of people or animals. If your crowd is bigger than someone else’s crowd… you can capture them and add them. Just like the title of the game, it takes place in a city… SO I could see a bunch of little PB’s running for their lives constantly in some cartoon city, and that would be weird.

ROHAN_DUTTA likes this.
  9. I1558509560425
    Cupcake Sep 26, 2019

I1558509560425 , Sep 26, 2019 :
    Will this phone fix my divorce? Totally joking. I do want to know however, what is your new favorite camera feature?

10. Powerbang
    AMA guest Sep 26, 2019

Stickied Post
    Temperature is always a big concern in gaming, or computer processing in general. Heat is not something you want to deal with and can have a negative impact on performance. MANY phones suffer from auto-dimming, frame drop, etc. when they get too hot. I will say that the OnePlus devices do get a bit warm to the touch after long periods of use, BUT to their credit, I’ve never had that warmth result in any sort of compromise in performance. Never have I dropped frames, lagged, or had the screen dim due to temperature, which is pretty impressive.

11. Powerbang
    AMA guest Sep 26, 2019

Stickied Post
    I really enjoy shooter games, but more than that, I enjoy strategic games, and games where you can work as a team. When I saw that one of the biggest brands on PC was going to dip its toes into the mobile market, I knew I had to take part. It really helped that I was kind of burned out on my previous game, so the timing just worked out really well for the global launch of PUBG MOBILE.

L1569055923109 and ROHAN_DUTTA like this.
  12. zix47
    Eclair Sep 26, 2019

zix47 , Sep 26, 2019 :
    So my question is how fast is Snapdragon 855 plus, what is the difference between SD 855 and SD 855 plus

13. Powerbang
    AMA guest Sep 26, 2019

Stickied Post
    I always am plugged in while playing because whenever I’m playing games, I’m also recording them. Part of my setup is an USB-C to HDMI adapter, where you can also send power there… Unfortunately there are no good consumer products available that have a 90 degree cable AND can convert the audiovisual signal to HDMI format. I’d LOVE if there was, but I’m still crossing my fingers waiting for that day to come.

buntycubal likes this.
  14. P1569509669979
    Cupcake Sep 26, 2019

15. Screave
    Cupcake Sep 26, 2019

Screave , Sep 26, 2019 :
    In gaming it's important to have a smooth experience throughout the entier match. In your experience, how does the 90Hz display effect your performance?

16. Powerbang
    AMA guest Sep 26, 2019

Stickied Post
    I know a few people who are currently taking part in meetings with the International Olympic Committee regarding the involvement of esports in Olympic competition. Pretty cool for gamers, but I don’t know if it will make it or not. Let’s say it will, and it will be in 12-16 years.

Abhi Dahiya likes this.
  17. Powerbang
    AMA guest Sep 26, 2019

Stickied Post
    Have to go with the trusty M24. I’m a sniper at heart, and that weapon just feels RIGHT in my hands.

18. I1569509705805
    Cupcake Sep 26, 2019

19. Powerbang
    AMA guest Sep 26, 2019

Stickied Post
    Everything I’ve tried to use with the 7T has been really easy.

20. Powerbang
    AMA guest Sep 26, 2019

Stickied Post
    The feel is one of the things I really enjoy about the OnePlus 7T. Ergonomically it is a great fit, and all of the buttons are located in easily accessible spots. You don’t cover the camera or the speakers when you’re holding it, so that’s great foresight from the engineers and designers. Is the headphone jack too low hanging of fruit for things I would change? Just kidding… I actually have been fully converted to bluetooth headsets, but I know some gamers would like the hard wire just to have the lowest latency possible when it comes to their audio cues in game.