[Powerful Voices Pt. 1] : Sia <3 | Who's your favourite?

1. YRJ Lollipop Apr 15, 2019

YRJ, Apr 15, 2019 :
    20190416_005927_0000.png
    Hello Folks,
    Allow me to welcome you to mid March, as always I hope you are having an amazing time and to make you already good, life even better read on......

I love listening to music (POP music to be precise), I really appreciate songs that not only are good to hear but also gave a powerful back story.
    With hundreds of thousands of artists, it's easy to oversee pure talent it makes it even more difficult when talent prefers to stay hidden, visually.

My favourite, featured artiste for this thread is:

Sia Kate Isobelle Furler Or simply - Sia <3

Sia is an Australian singer, songwriter, record producer and music video director.
    Her vocal range is 4 octaves.
    Her Vocal type is Mezzo-Soprano

TL;DR

She started her career in 1990s as a singer in the band Crisp and as every other band this financed too in the 1997, that was when Sia released her debut album Only See unfortunately though it failed to please the audience and did not sell well.
    In the year 2000 Sia released her 2nd album Healing is difficult and in 2004 she released her 3rd album Colour the small one.
    All 3 of her albums recieved little to no attention.

In light of the continuous failures of the albums due to poor marketing and non-connection to the mainstream audience, Sia moved to NYC it was then that her single 'Breathe Me' appeared in the final scene of the television series Six Feet Under this helped increase Sia's fame across the United States. She started a tour across the country which further helped her career.

But it was only in 2014 that she broke through with her sixth studio album 1000 Forms of Fear that debuted as No 1. In the US Billboard and her legendary single Chandelier was her first entry on the charts with it being ranked at no 8!
    Chandelier recieved 4 nominations at the Grammy's in 2014.

Starting from 1000 forms of fear Sia decided to hide he face, she did that by either turning away from the audience, sinking in huge caps or rocking here iconic Platinum wig!
    Maddie Ziegler rose to fame after being featured in videos of three of her singles. Dressed exactly as Sia and having a similar attitude she could easily be mistaken for Sia!

Critical Analysis:

Sia has recieved a lot of criticism for her voice cracks when she belts those high notes, but TBH this vocal feature of hers blends so well with the song that it actually acts in her favour and are the climax of the song.

1. Sia was never a classically trained singer, and i personally believe having an improper technique should only be used to negatively critique those who are. [​IMG] :rolleyes:

2. Sia has had a long history of excessive alcohol and drug use which is proven to do damage to your throat/vocal chords to an extent.

3. She has graves disease, and one of the symptoms includes internal swelling in around the throat area.

4. People LOVE her voice cracks/breaks. ( Me especially) Its one of her signatures. This shows her only flaw as a singer is the same reason why many people love Sia. its a stylistic choice that brings out the emotion in her vocals that much more. Now whether her cracks are intentional or due to improper technique is up in the air for answer, but this point still stands and works on her favour! ;)

Why Sia [​IMG] ?

1. She's a singer-songwriter

Let's start the list with the most basic, least relevant point here. But i still feel like this should account for something. Sia pens her own lyrics and mines her own melodies which are rare traits to find nowadays.

She doesn't just write her own songs, but shes extremely proficient at it as well. I do think Sia is underrated as a songwriter lyrically and especially melodically.

["Space Between" ["Diamonds"] ["Pretty Hurts"] ["Love Me Back to Life']

2. Distinct and Mesmerizing Voice

most of you should be able to agree here. Sia has such a unique voice that is not only easily identifiable, but captivating as well.

["Titanium"] ["Wolves"] ["Distractions (live)"]

3. Highly Effective Range:

Sure having a 4 octave range is impressive and better then most, but whats the point in having one if you dont know how to utilize it? That isn't a problem with Sia. From her dark quality sounding low notes, to her strong mesmerizing chest voice, followed by a sensual feminine head voice all the way up to her angelic sounding falsettos and of course her iconic fan-favorite (MY FAVOURITE) voice cracks. Sia has all she needs without a true weakness in her range.

["Dressed in Black''] ["Cellophane"] ["Broken Glass"]

4. Elite Legato Phrasings

Sia has an excellent knack for not only using her full voice when phrasing but also does so in a completely smooth and original matter. Her transition from one word to another is seamless with no noticable pauses in between, making it difficult to identify the lyrics at times.

One has to be completely drunk to be able to sing as Sia and pronounce the words the way she does. It can get confusing at times but once you figure it out you'd be awestruck that it was 'this' that she was singing all this time :tearsofjoy:
    ["Little Black Sandles"] ["Soon We'll Be Found"] ["Elastic Heart"]

5. She's a Vocal Chameleon:

I genuinely cant think of another singer as versatile as Sia. She's known as a vocal chameleon among vocal enthusiasts due to her ability to effortlessly and effectively cross over genres as a vocalist. Using this year alone, she's able to to go from "Unforgettable" to "Waving Goodbye" to "Reaper" to "Move Your Body". Im sorry if I offend you but I swear, I can't think of anyone else who could have done it better!

6. Emotional Approach:

THIS, is the biggest reason why i hold Sia a notch higher then any other queen singer. She does such a perfect job conveying her emotions vocally, and as a listener you know EXACTLY how to feel. Sia is THE best at doing this. She has such a soulful voice and style with her singing, it becomes haunting listening to her do her thing. Sia has a more intimate approach, and when she sings she really sings from her soul.

7. Unbelievably Good Live Performer

I'm just gonna outright say it. Sia is the best live performer today vocally (and one of the best all time). Better then Adele, Bey, Ari etc. It's to the point where she sounds exactly like her own studio recordings. Actually, there are instances where she sounds BETTER then her studio self.

She's just an all around flawless live performer, she's able to hit all her notes perfectly with added emotions and isnt afraid to improvise her vocals.

[Titanium Wango Tango] [Death by Chocolate Dallas] [Alive Graham Norton]

Conclusion:
    She's just a pure vocal powerhouse. Unique voice and style, versatile, soulful, immaculate range, passionate and can sing along with the best of them. What more do i need to say? Sia is a QUEEN.

I agree that this is a long post and not all of you may read it FTW this may even get lost in the heap of threads and go unnoticed.
    It feels great to have put together this thread as I truly love the artist and appreciate her work.
    There is a TL;DR version too at the beginning of the post!

Thanks for taking the time to read this.
    Be sure to let me know who your favourite artist is and what you think of Sia. Let's share and listen to good music!
    Spread love everywhere, don't think and most importantly,

Never Settle.

Peace :)

Sources:
    Wikipedia
    Kanytothe.com user: tinytittina

2. buntycubal Marshmallow Apr 15, 2019

buntycubal, Apr 15, 2019 :
    Awesome Thread YRJ , Bravo..
    I don' like pop & trance , they sucks. I don't know much about Sia except that shia labeouf weird song..
    I'm into rock & metal like metallica, motorhead , Springsteen , kidrock , Lynyrd Skynyrd , Bob Seger etc.. but I like RATM most..

rage-against-the-machine.jpg

3. YRJ Lollipop Apr 15, 2019

YRJ, Apr 15, 2019 :
    The system is troubling you itseems, the no of edits that have gone into this..... :D

Haha! You mean elastic heart?
    It's a great song :D
    Any specific favourite that you would like to share?

Btw, thanks a ton @buntycubal I'm glad you liked it ;)

buntycubal likes this.
  4. meatandy Oreo Apr 15, 2019

Last edited: Apr 15, 2019

buntycubal and YRJ like this.
  5. YRJ Lollipop Apr 15, 2019

YRJ, Apr 15, 2019 :
    Nice song by Hank Williams Jr. :D

buntycubal likes this.
  6. buntycubal Marshmallow Apr 15, 2019

Yep , something is wrong with me & my browser..
    Specific favourite (there are lots of it) like motorhead - heroes (David Bowie cover) & RATM - testify..

Starcommander and YRJ like this.
  7. buntycubal Marshmallow Apr 15, 2019

I hope you also like Wu-Tang clan & NWA..

8. YRJ Lollipop Apr 15, 2019

YRJ, Apr 15, 2019 :
    Oh thanks will listen to it ;)

Starcommander and buntycubal like this.
  9. meatandy Oreo Apr 15, 2019

meatandy, Apr 15, 2019 :
    Yeah , Sorry I was called into my appointment just at my reply.

10. meatandy Oreo Apr 15, 2019

meatandy, Apr 15, 2019 :
    Not my style really.

How about some ....Hip-Hop parade ?

YRJ and buntycubal like this.
  11. RogerOriginals Ice Cream Sandwich Apr 15, 2019

RogerOriginals, Apr 15, 2019 :
    My favorite artist is Madeon, hands down! I like electronic music, maybe that's why. Madeon is just pure art. Goo Goo Dolls and The Weeknd come 2nd and 3rd in my listings.

I've heard a few of Sia's songs, and she's unbelievably good, I'll accept that.

12. YRJ Lollipop Apr 16, 2019

YRJ, Apr 16, 2019 :
    Ah! It's okay :)
    So you don't listen to pop!? o_O
    Mahn, Madeon is fire!!
    Yo! :) :D

Last edited: Apr 16, 2019

buntycubal and meatandy like this.
  13. luigimario The Lab - OnePlus 6T Reviewer Apr 17, 2019

luigimario, Apr 17, 2019 :
    For powerful voices, any of the "Divas" would fit in that category. I was actually surprised that Lady Gaga is so talented. I thought she was just a cookie cutter pop music type but after I heard her with Tony Bennett I realized that she is versatile.

meatandy, buntycubal and YRJ like this.
  14. YRJ Lollipop Apr 17, 2019

YRJ, Apr 17, 2019 :
    Ofc, the music industry is filled with talent.....
    Some pure and some auto***d :confused:

The series cheek to cheek is indeed an excellent example of how versatile lady Gaga actually is.

I'm sure the title says Pt. 1..... ;)

buntycubal likes this.
  15. luxuskamel Lollipop Aug 3, 2019

16. YRJ Lollipop Aug 3, 2019

YRJ, Aug 3, 2019 :
    You should have a look at my profile post! :rolleyes:

I promise that you'll never find another like me! :cool:

luxuskamel likes this.
  17. luxuskamel Lollipop Aug 3, 2019

luxuskamel, Aug 3, 2019 :
    I knoewww

18. YRJ Lollipop Aug 3, 2019

YRJ, Aug 3, 2019 :
    Sia and Tay are bæ <3

luxuskamel likes this.
  19. Impersonal Ice Cream Sandwich Aug 3, 2019

Impersonal, Aug 3, 2019 :
    I'm really not into the pop scene that much (although a big fan of Michael Jackson's work, who was dubbed the king of pop, he surely transcend the boundaries and limitations and become one of the greatest musicians and performers off all time) , but this year I really liked Billie Eilish as a female presence and voice, her allbum was dope, and I really like her style, maybe give her a try, it's something else on the scene, I can spoil that much

Starcommander, buntycubal and YRJ like this.
  20. luxuskamel Lollipop Aug 3, 2019

luxuskamel, Aug 3, 2019 :
    Except oneplus band ofc