Powerfully Radiant. This is the OnePlus 5T Lava Red.

1. Carl Co-founder Staff Member Feb 1, 2018

Carl, Feb 1, 2018 :
    Google+.png

Friends,

What we do at OnePlus is fueled by a passion to change and improve the world of tech. This passion lies at the heart of the OnePlus 5T. As a reflection of the fundamentals of what we do, the OnePlus 5T was a true return to form for our brand and our community. With our Limited Sandstone White Edition, we brought a OnePlus classic back in a big way. For our latest Limited Edition version of the OnePlus 5T, we’re turning towards the color that has become synonymous with OnePlus: Red.

This is the OnePlus 5T Lava Red, a radiant new variant of our latest flagship. Defined by its striking shade of red, our latest design effort is at once restrained and audacious. Months of fine-tuning and experimentation led to a device that seamlessly blends our distinct shade of red with the robust all-metal body of the OnePlus 5T.

An AF layer is applied to the body of Lava Red to enhance the luster of the color, while limiting the noticeability of fingerprints on the metal. Twice anodized, and double sandblasted, the Lava Red color feels like a natural part of the metal and highlights rather than obscures the OnePlus 5T’s design ID. Our overall vision was one of restraint and radiance, resulting in a truly stunning device.

This lovingly crafted device arrives just in time for Valentine’s Day. So, if you’re looking to for a hot gift this year, share this limited edition with your partner, or treat yourself. There's no time like the present to show yourself a little lovin'. Order your OnePlus 5T Lava Red starting at $559 on February 6 at10:00AM ET/ CET/ GMT/ HKT/ EET. If you order your OnePlus 5T before February 9, we will ship your device with priority shipping in available regions for free.

[ORDER YOURS]

We look forward to seeing your reactions to our latest variant of the OnePlus 5T. Be sure to share your thoughts, photos, and impressions with us in the comments below.

Never Settle.

NabnitK29, Seanfan, pbujjy and 80 others like this.
  2. the_reckoner Honeycomb Feb 5, 2018

Last edited: Feb 5, 2018

Mjo likes this.
  3. luxuskamel KitKat Feb 5, 2018

luxuskamel, Feb 5, 2018 :
    looks great, but it is not the typical OnePlus red color. that's sad :(

anyway, great. thanks Carl

4. luxuskamel KitKat Feb 5, 2018

meatandy and Mjo like this.
  5. youbi Portuguese POC Assistant Head Moderator Feb 5, 2018

youbi, Feb 5, 2018 :
    Glad to finally see the red option for an Oneplus device. After all its your color, so that should have existed since start. :p Now I hope that for the op6 we will have a special red sandstone version right from the start. ;)

@dsmonteiro @Hige Now you can finally have your Oneplus Benfica* edition. :p

Here is also the Valentine ad about it. I must say that it was better than the last two. :sweatsmile: At least this one has Emily. :p

*Ok, not quite the exact same color, but close enough. :sweatsmile:

6. Shivang Joshi KitKat Feb 5, 2018

Shivang Joshi, Feb 5, 2018 :
    It is beautiful [e]1f525[/e] It launched in India earlier, but can't just upgrade from OnePlus 5 right now[e]270c[/e]️(As 5T isn't a big upgrade [e]1f64f[/e])

7. Cheetosdust KitKat Feb 5, 2018

Cheetosdust, Feb 5, 2018 :
    Hey @Carl Here it is. :)

I like the color and I think it’s a good option, even if it isn’t for me - I’m a Midnight Black guy. However, it’s nice to see OnePlus providing options to the customers who don’t like black or know anyone who doesn’t - wink, wink, Valentine’s Day.

If it is anything like the White Sandstone, it will probably be sold out in a matter of days - I believe it is sold out in India at the moment. Hopefully, anyone who wants one, gets the chance to order it.

As I mentioned before, this is how you do a red version - always go for black on the front, much more beautiful than white and red ;)

And for the users who are going to complain about OnePlus giving only one color option at launch and then providing options, I can understand your frustration, however, have in mind that “announcing” the Lava Red, the White Sandstone, keeps the product “fresh”, meaning that it keeps the 5T in the press, etc.

Now, for the next OnePlus, there’s only one variant to go: make it a special edition transparent with the a red battery. You know you want it. :p

Hmmm, what?

8. GopalB. Marshmallow Feb 5, 2018

GopalB., Feb 5, 2018 :
    Expectation:
    "I can gift this to my girlfriend on valentine's day...
    Reality:
    "Since I don't have money or girlfriend Red is so gaayyyyy..." :rolleyes: :tearsofjoy:

Last edited: Feb 6, 2018

9. gauravpanwar3 Froyo Feb 5, 2018

gauravpanwar3, Feb 5, 2018 :
    bakwas hai ek dum.... red color. waise bhi back cvr use karna padega to kaunsa red color dikhega to kya use hai.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 5, 2018

10. meatandy Nougat Feb 5, 2018

meatandy, Feb 5, 2018 :
    Looking pretty hot there Carl!

Could anyone please share a picture with the clear case installed?

Edit , @Cheetosdust posted a video below , courtesy of Erica.
    Screenshot_20180205-161333_01.jpg

Screenshot_20180205-161337_01.jpg

Last edited: Feb 7, 2018

Straynart likes this.
  11. MKT_IRFAN3735 Ice Cream Sandwich Feb 5, 2018

12. idkwhoiam322 Marshmallow Feb 5, 2018

idkwhoiam322, Feb 5, 2018 :
    Translation:
    It is pointless/rubbish.... red color. anyways people are going to put a cover, so who is going to see the red colour? idk the last bit.

daMorphine and F_Ron_Poppe_WtRF like this.
  13. idkwhoiam322 Marshmallow Feb 5, 2018

idkwhoiam322, Feb 5, 2018 :
    lol, maybe he missed a date, Feb X(I'm guessing Feb 5tg or 6th)

Cheetosdust likes this.
  14. mr_priyanshu Ice Cream Sandwich Feb 5, 2018

15. GuitarHero0179 Ice Cream Sandwich Feb 5, 2018

GuitarHero0179, Feb 5, 2018 :
    Nice to see the lava red available in a wider market. It's beautiful. Guessed right with the hints yesterday.

[edit by moderator]

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 7, 2018

meatandy likes this.
  16. Cheetosdust KitKat Feb 5, 2018

Cheetosdust, Feb 5, 2018 :
    Probably. Or OnePlus is finally going to announce a time machine ;)

Also, here are a few unboxings, if people want to see a little bit more.

17. gauravpanwar3 Froyo Feb 5, 2018

gauravpanwar3, Feb 5, 2018 :
    [e]1f602[/e]

18. obakesan Ice Cream Sandwich Feb 5, 2018

obakesan, Feb 5, 2018 :
    Is it? or just getting more market share repainting the same phone over and over again?

aka "Star Wars Last Jedi Limited Edition, minus Star Wars branding"

aka "Chinese 4th Anniversary Edition"

Yep, called it months ago, it was a given, no surprises here. What's next Year of The Dog Luna Limited Edition.

Within a short time frame we have seen
    • OP5T Midnight Black
    • OP5T Star Wars White Sandstone Limited Edition
    • OP5T White Sandstone Limited Edition
    • OP5T Lava Red Limited Edition
    What's next? before the OP6 is due? Soft Gold perhaps?

Regards,

19. Alvie The Lab - OnePlus 5T Reviewer Feb 5, 2018

20. Themurtuza Jelly Bean Feb 5, 2018

Themurtuza, Feb 5, 2018 :
    So oneplus basically screwing big time bfs & husbands on this Valentine's Day by launching it 10 days before it.

Looking hotishly awesome

1517846237766.jpg

meatandy likes this.