Prime Video Mirroring

1. Zaenanzer Donut Feb 18, 2019

Zaenanzer, Feb 18, 2019 :
    I'm unable to mirror/cast prime video onto my TV. The audio works fine and I can see the subtitles but not the video, it's just a black screen. I did notice that the same happens when we take a screenshot on the phone without casting. I see that this could be an issue with the Amazon prime video app, but it would be great if you could follow up regarding this issue.
    Note: I have already posted this issue to Amazon.

(For some reason I was not allowed to post this on the 6t forum which was shown empty)

2. Logancd1 Ice Cream Sandwich Feb 18, 2019

Logancd1, Feb 18, 2019 :
    Are you able to cast other things, such as YouTube or Netflix? If so, that would indicate a problem with the Amazon Prime Video app, so unfortunately you'd have to wait for responses on their own forum or from their own support team. If you're also having the issue with other video hosts (such as YouTube, Netflix, or others I can't think of), then it may be an issue with your phone or your connection. We'll start with assuming it's someone else's fault though, because pinning the blame on someone else is always fun :)

3. Zaenanzer Donut Feb 18, 2019

Everything else works fine, haven't tried Netflix though!
    I believe it's a problem with the app. I tried Miracast as well but it doesn't work. It's the prime video apps problem or something with the way they serve the content. The issue remains even if I cast it from the browser and not the app.
    So I'm guessing Amazon did this on purpose?? Or they messed up some code...

4. Logancd1 Ice Cream Sandwich Feb 18, 2019

Logancd1, Feb 18, 2019 :
    Are you casting via Google Chromecast by chance? I know Amazon and Google aren't very friendly with each other so maybe Amazon intentionally made it so it doesn't work via Chromecast. If you're casting with Amazon FireTV then that's really sad on Amazon's part (assuming it's their fault)...

Outside of my Chromecast theory I can't imagine Amazon would intentionally make casting not work, but then again who knows!

5. Zaenanzer Donut Feb 18, 2019

not Chromecast, but the built in casting option on the Samsung smart TV (not the tizen os).

6. PrabhatNagpal Eclair May 19, 2019

7. PrabhatNagpal Eclair May 19, 2019

PrabhatNagpal, May 19, 2019 :
    Check this out...
    https://forums.oneplus.com/threads/workaround-for-blank-screen-cast-issues.1035373/