Privacy Tips for the OnePlus 7 Pro

?

Do you have concerns about your privacy when you go online?

1. Yes, Very Much So

33 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. Yes Somewhat

20 vote(s)
    30.3%
  3. I'm Neutral About it

7 vote(s)
    10.6%
  4. Not at All

4 vote(s)
    6.1%
  5. What's a Privacy?

2 vote(s)
    3.0%
  1. anupritaisno1
    KitKat Sep 12, 2019

anupritaisno1 , Sep 12, 2019 :
    Currency value is dependent directly and completely on exchange value

Exchange value determines the value of 1 commodity with another

If USD is scarce then it's value in international exchange is higher. Since people's purchasing power is lower we shift towards positive inflation which leads to development of any economy

Distributing currency without a limit will increase people's purchasing power and their tendency to spend. This will reduce the supply of goods and lead to hyper inflation. Since there is more currency in the system the rarity of the currency drops and this shows in international exchange too

Every year several companies buy crypto in huge amounts and delete their hashes just to increase scarcity in the system and thus maintain the exchange value of the cryptocurrency. Without an exchange value the currency has no use and that depends on rarity

Brave's payment system doesn't have this concept and very soon if not already the value of their crypto is going to fall

G_plusone likes this.
  2. anupritaisno1
    KitKat Sep 12, 2019

How many times will I say "free software" just for you to correct it to "open-source software"?

Do some reading on the meaning of the word "free" in free software. The difference is huge

Also tell me this: who audits google?
    Google gets away with tax evasion, anticompetitive practices, spying and a whole bunch of other stuff yet no government ever looks into google

Can't trust free software? Learn how to code. Can't learn how to code? Then stop shifting the blame to free software

G_plusone likes this.
  3. Sridhar Ananthanarayanan
    Lollipop Sep 12, 2019

Sridhar Ananthanarayanan , Sep 12, 2019 :
    The value of any currency, as far as on the international market is concerned, depends on the respective country's balance of trade (imports vs exports). I don't know what you mean by exchange value. I'm talking of intrinsic value of a currency. There are a host of other factors too like GDP, Interest rates, inflation and free float.

We are no longer in the barter system, so a value of one commodity against another doesn't hold true today. It is determined by how much you can produce and how much is it in demand.

Distributing currencies without limits is stupid and we have seen how it can destroy countries (Zimbabwe, Argentina, Venezuela and others).

The problem with crypto currency is that there is no fundamental determinant of its value. It is banned in India for now. But we still see a lot happening on that front with Facebook preparing to launch the Libra. Will have to see if it evolves into something meaningful.

Texasaggie1 likes this.
  4. Sridhar Ananthanarayanan
    Lollipop Sep 12, 2019

Who audits Google? Hope you realize Google is a public limited company.

Yes, they get away with a lot of things, with or without paying a penalty.

But as they say, better to trust a known enemy than an unknown angel.

Are you suggesting that one should blindly trust your "free" software. You are making a worse suggestion that what you pointed to the OP when he suggested using DuckDuckGo.

Texasaggie1 likes this.
  5. anupritaisno1
    KitKat Sep 12, 2019

Except google is the unknown angel

If there is malware in free software it can be easily removed
    What if there's malware in proprietary software?

Also when I state that anysoft doesn't even ask for the network access permission how exactly does it betray your trust?

Texasaggie1 likes this.
  6. Sridhar Ananthanarayanan
    Lollipop Sep 12, 2019

Google may be an enemy, or may be an angel. We are not sure. But for sure everyone knows Google. So it isn't unknown.

As with your "free" software argument, my points were directed towards the category as a whole, and not specifically about that keyboard. And who says malware can be easily removed? I don't know how to do that and I am sure most don't.

So stop over patronizing "free" software.

Atleast with companies like Google, there are security researchers all over the world scrutinizing it. Forget individual researchers, there are country sponsored teams keeping an eye on it. I would anyday prefer it over "free" software since it would be foolish to trust an unknown angel.

Texasaggie1 likes this.
  7. Mr.Smarty
    Eclair Sep 12, 2019

Mr.Smarty , Sep 12, 2019 :
    i love oneplus and i hate apple mobile , but in terms of privacy i think apple is great as compare to all other mobile brands .
    I request you to please do privacy like apple by default in every oneplus.

Texasaggie1 likes this.
  8. Insert cool name
    Froyo Sep 12, 2019

Texasaggie1 and G_plusone like this.
  9. luxuskamel
    Lollipop Sep 12, 2019

luxuskamel , Sep 12, 2019 :
    I have trust in them. They are no big Company that clearly aims for your data, if they should screw up i'm the first to change it.

This crypto stuff is all opt-in. Also if you dont wabt the inflation just cash out....

NOT TRUE, check your sources. Brave used an own useragent, after some complaining they switched it to the same as Chrome! Also brave doesnt allow any facebook/etc tracking. Check yourself with BurpSuite

I'm doing the same. Still wouldnt install "any" app :)

10. Sridhar Ananthanarayanan
    Lollipop Sep 12, 2019

I wouldn't either. Just got carried away a bit. I limit myself to reputable sites like apkmirror, f-droid, & xda.

luxuskamel likes this.
  11. anupritaisno1
    KitKat Sep 12, 2019

Since you think there are "teams" monitoring google let me just open your eyes

Screenshot_20190912-213858_JuiceSSH.png
    This is code that does nothing and just exits

Here's how it looks after being translated to machine language

Screenshot_20190912-214118_System_UI.png

And if this is not terrible enough this is just a representation. Here's what a disassembled program looks like after this is compiled

Screenshot_20190912-213646_System_UI.png
    And this is just one page. There's 10 of them

This is how large a program that does nothing can become

You think people audit this? Wrong. It takes months or even years to audit really simple code and by the time you're done google already changed the code and released an update. Free software can be audited in under a day at best for small projects

Attached Files:

G_plusone and luxuskamel like this.
  12. anupritaisno1
    KitKat Sep 12, 2019

Not going to be trusting brave. I'd rather use bromite which never had the nonsense brave added

luxuskamel likes this.
  13. luxuskamel
    Lollipop Sep 12, 2019

That sounds like a really good browser, too!
    Just one thing made me lol "built with official speed optimizations"

Texasaggie1 likes this.
  14. Sridhar Ananthanarayanan
    Lollipop Sep 12, 2019

I’m not sure how much you know about audit. Audit is a smart way of finding flaws, using intelligent computer algorithms that are designed specifically for that purpose.

Auditing those 10 pages wouldn’t take even 10 seconds. What did you think? Someone will sit through each line of code to see what it does? That isn’t auditing today.

15. luxuskamel
    Lollipop Sep 12, 2019

Well if its compiled code then yes, it will take forever, as he said. Thats the beauty of open source software where you can read it uncompiled with ease

otto2 likes this.
  16. anupritaisno1
    KitKat Sep 12, 2019

Thanks for teaching a computer engineer his job

Intelligent "algorithms". I've never heard of them to date

funny-graphic-design-memes-12.jpg

Sounds pretty much like you doesn't it?

This 10 page code was a really simple example. Newer code with polymorphic encryption is significantly harder to audit and that's what google uses

17. Q1563652689349
    Cupcake Sep 12, 2019

Texasaggie1 likes this.
  18. F_Alok_Srivastava_Qulf
    Cupcake Sep 12, 2019

Texasaggie1 likes this.
  19. U1568327283906
    Cupcake Sep 12, 2019

U1568327283906 , Sep 12, 2019 :
    For all one plus atleat when screen is locked and you want to shutdown your phone it should have been ask for lock password.. It's easy for someone to shutdown and hide your phone

Texasaggie1 likes this.
  20. Manik100
    Donut Sep 12, 2019

Manik100 , Sep 12, 2019 :
    add a separate lock password option for applock and screen lock
    it sucks to put the same password

Texasaggie1 likes this.