Privacy Tips for the OnePlus 7 Pro

?

Do you have concerns about your privacy when you go online?

1. Yes, Very Much So

33 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. Yes Somewhat

20 vote(s)
    30.3%
  3. I'm Neutral About it

7 vote(s)
    10.6%
  4. Not at All

4 vote(s)
    6.1%
  5. What's a Privacy?

2 vote(s)
    3.0%
  1. elanglois
    Lollipop Sep 20, 2019

elanglois , Sep 20, 2019 :
    It says that for all Keyboard apps because the keyboard can see what you type

2. elanglois
    Lollipop Sep 20, 2019

elanglois , Sep 20, 2019 :
    Please stop. A SIM card does NOT contain executable code. It does not have a microprocessor. It does not execute code.
    It stores 64K of data. It's the equivalent of a floppy disk, but it only stores certain information. Floppies don't run code.

A SIM holds a few keys that let the phone on the network. In the old days, they held contacts and text messages but ... those days are over.
    Please don't spread FUD

3. hennes
    Lollipop Sep 20, 2019

hennes , Sep 20, 2019 :
    Please read thefollowing links or follow the links in my post.

https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/SIM-Karte#Mini-SIM_(UICC)
    [​IMG]
    https://www.extremetech.com/computi...ones-at-risk-of-data-theft-premium-rate-scams

An extract from it:

http://www.diva-portal.org/smash/get/diva2:423013/fulltext02

Unless you can show me validated evidence I stick to the information provided. And Please don't call it FUD

Addendum:
    https://thenextweb.com/security/201...-to-steal-device-data-and-spy-on-individuals/

Last edited: Sep 21, 2019

otto2 and ceport like this.
  4. Meharshad_Mohammed_Ali
    Cupcake Sep 22, 2019

Meharshad_Mohammed_Ali , Sep 22, 2019 :
    I can't take pictures in my 7 camera . if I open and click an picture, it gets off and screen becomes blank.i have screen record. . YouTube is shutting down automatically. games are giving late response.. and can't swipe the stories in Instagram , everything is getting hang . I'm very scared , I think my investment on one plus was a bad idea .

5. Texasaggie1
    US Brand Ambassador Sep 22, 2019

Texasaggie1 , Sep 22, 2019 :

elanglois

@Texasaggie1

First, where in Texas are you? I'm a little ways south of Dallas.

Second, VPNs are kinda pointless really. Hiding your IP doesn't help much and as for public WiFis, you only hain an advantage if someone is smart enough to sniff the traffic and you are DUMB enough to connect to nonSSL web sites of nonSSL email ports. That's pretty much a non-issue. Way too many companies are making ludicrous claims about the protection offered by a VPN and I feel its irresponsible to feed the claims these companies make. Maybe you bought into the VPN hype?

I haven't read the rest yet​

I'm from Austin!

A VPN is an encrypted connection to a server somewhere. I'm not sure about what hype you are referring to. I use a VPN in situations where it benefits my privacy to have an encrypted connection through the connection I'm on.

Nothing is perfect. No one is 100% safe online. But I'd rather be more secure than most people if I can help that.

Rather than a VPN, I use blockada most of the time to block trackers and use cloudflare DNS.

6. elanglois
    Lollipop Sep 22, 2019

elanglois , Sep 22, 2019 :
    Are you aware that SSL encrypts the connection, so adding a VPN to the mix does absolutely nothing?

Texasaggie1 likes this.
  7. Texasaggie1
    US Brand Ambassador Sep 22, 2019

Texasaggie1 , Sep 22, 2019 :
    Yes I am. That SSL connection is for website to website connections from the browsers. There is a giant theater near me that has a public unsecured Wi-Fi that doesn't have any sort of SSL security. I am not going to connect to that without VPN no matter what. Also, our smartphones have dozens of connections ( unrelated to what's going on in the browser) that are going out of the device at any given moment. In a situation like that public unsecured Wi-Fi I am not going to trust somebody else with my privacy. VPN might be Overkill in a lot of situations but they still work. It's literally how modern remote office workers connect securely to their office.

8. elanglois
    Lollipop Sep 22, 2019

elanglois , Sep 22, 2019 :
    its not up the wifi to support SSL. All your destinations to. You'd be hard pressed to find a single non-SSL connection.

Name anything not encrypted already

Texasaggie1 likes this.
  9. Pritam Kumar Vishwakar
    Cupcake Sep 24, 2019

10. SpinSupreme
    Cupcake Sep 26, 2019

SpinSupreme , via OnePlus 7 Pro , Sep 26, 2019 :
    the built in Hidden Apps side of the 1+ launcher is encrypted so put apps there and clear from recents when done should work... keeps apps from Auto starting at boot too I'm thinking

11. strafer
    Lollipop Sep 30, 2019

strafer , Sep 30, 2019 :
    Do not mix different things, please.
    I hope you do not have an SSL encryption, that's last century thing. Since 1999 it should be encrypted with TLS, version 1.3 would be nice.
    Private Wi-Fi is AES encrypted. (It should be.)
    So even if the Wi-Fi connection between computer and router isn't encrypted by AES, your connection between browser and VPN-Server is encrypted by TLS.

If any mistake I made is corrected by @hennes, the corrected version is the correct version.
    This theme is his profession, not mine. :)

ceport, G_plusone and Texasaggie1 like this.