Privacy vs Free Internet via OnePlus 8T

1. Rahul Patki
    Froyo Nov 27, 2020

Rahul Patki , via OnePlus 8T , Nov 27, 2020 :
    OnePlus has rolled out this new "OnePlus Roaming" feature which gives you free internet even whilst Roaming. This seems to be a new feature in OP8T which I did not find in my OP5T.

At first glance it seems too good to be true.
    However, when I went through the privacy policy it seemed to gather & store a hell a lot of information..
    The detailed privacy policy screenshot is attached.

The text reads
    " In order to implement this function, you need to call your device's storage, phone status and access to the internet permissions during use) and get the following information from your device:

Device identification code (IMEI)

to complete device registration and order binding your storage phone status and access to the internet will be accessed to allow the roaming function, and your device identification code will be used for registration and order binding)

Network information, including public land mobile network provider (PLMN) and current relevant network information to provide a better service experience:

The business-related information, including service time, usage purchase records, etc to improve the service

The above data will be transmitted and saved to the Amazon AWS server in Singapore. The data retention period is 2 years from the time of acquisition to the data.

You can turn international internet access on or off in your order.

If you do not agree to our

collection of the above information, or do not agree to call the relevant mobile phone permissions, this software will not work properly, we will not be able to provide services for you"

Being a software engineer and having worked with data - the collection, categorisation and usage of this personal data and it's aftermath seems real shady.

What are your views on this? Would you accept such a privacy policy without knowing what would be done to your data?
    1606495615623.jpg

Applephx likes this.
  2. trimmer
    Froyo Nov 27, 2020

Applephx likes this.
  3. Tokolozi
    Most Original Avatar Nov 27, 2020