private mode

1. Prathik jain
    Cupcake May 24, 2017

Prathik jain , May 24, 2017 :
    How to hide any personal photos... There is no hidden mode in one plus 3t..some one help me how should I with out the use of third party applications

2. DrAakash
    Jelly Bean May 24, 2017

DrAakash , May 24, 2017 :
    Create a nomedia folder and move your images to this folder. But this will only hide your images from your gallery. If you want to hide them from your file manager as well, put a . before the file name

3. SidV14
    Gingerbread May 24, 2017

SidV14 , May 24, 2017 :
    If you really want to secure your photos or files, you can use the inbuilt app locker and add gallery to the list of apps. This will require a password or fingerprint authentication to open the app. Otherwise, you can use the secure box function in file manager to secure files or folders as a whole.
    1495614136619.jpg

RubenVerhaegh likes this.
  4. jkb114
    Lollipop May 24, 2017

jkb114 , May 24, 2017 :
    just a question. What situation would you need this? you can secure the device as a whole with a password and android is encrypted by default.

5. saedawke
    Cupcake May 24, 2017

F_Zubair_Mohsin_EsPy likes this.
  6. elanglois
    Lollipop May 24, 2017

elanglois , May 24, 2017 :
    None of these methods are secure. Any file manager that can show hidden files can get to the files easily. You MUST use a 3rd party app.

pa5t1s likes this.
  7. SidV14
    Gingerbread May 24, 2017

SidV14 , May 24, 2017 :
    What do you mean? In this method, there are two other levels of security apart from the general phone unlock password/pattern/fingerprint. This has to be more secure than a single third party app that can be uninstalled or disabled using safe mode. Also, by default the phone is encrypted.

8. elanglois
    Lollipop May 24, 2017

If you are trying to hide something like pictures, then any file manager can find them. A third party app can give you a folder that is encrypted. You can't get to the folder through any means without the password. This is supported in the Linux kernel, so nothing in Android can bypass it.

Your encrypted file system is not encrypted while the phone is running. Once the phone is unlocked for the first time, the encryption is gone until you power down.

pa5t1s and SidV14 like this.
  9. elanglois
    Lollipop May 24, 2017

FYI, a nomedia or adding a dot to a filename is not another layer of security. It's useless.

The 3rd party app provides access to the encrypted folder. Disabling the app means you can't get to the file until the app is enabled/reinstalled. It doesn't bypass the security

pa5t1s and SidV14 like this.
  10. SidV14
    Gingerbread May 24, 2017

SidV14 , May 24, 2017 :
    I did not know that. So what happens to the files in the encrypted folder if you delete the 3rd party app? And are there any ways of making an encrypted folder using secure box?

11. elanglois
    Lollipop May 24, 2017

Depends on the app. If it makes a unique key when the app is installed and then your password accesses they key, then uninstalling the app could permanently make the hidden files inaccessible. Its likely the key is generated from the password itself so you can just install the app.

I actually wanted to write my own where instead of having a key file that could be attacked or a weak password, you would select a file on your device to use as your passkey. It could be any image, mp3, or whatever you like. You would only be able to access the hidden folder by knowing what file to choose.

Not sure what you mean by secure box. If you mean the one built in to OnePlus's File Manager, it doesn't encrypt at all. It's pointless.

SidV14 likes this.
  12. Prathik jain
    Cupcake May 24, 2017

Prathik jain , May 24, 2017 :
    How to get through the secure box..

13. elanglois
    Lollipop May 25, 2017

elanglois , May 25, 2017 :
    Open any file manager that can show hidden files. You'll see some folders that start with a dot (that's how Unix hides files) in the root of your internal storage and your stuff is inside one (I forget the name but it will be obvious when you see it)

I recommend FX as a great file manager

14. CerberusX
    Cupcake May 30, 2017

15. G_Kristoffer_Rekve_Vik_W
    Cupcake Aug 9, 2017