[Prizes updated!] OnePlus 6T #SilentUnboxing Challenge

1. Ruby G. Creative Copywriter Staff Member Oct 29, 2018

Ruby G., Oct 29, 2018 :
    silentunboxing2.jpg

Hello friends,

Hope you all enjoyed the OnePlus 6T launch! As you wait for those beautiful boxes to arrive, I thought I’d drop another creative unboxing challenge your way. Recently I was thinking about the power of music and spoken words in a good YouTube review. What if we took that all away...what would tech reviews look like today if Vitaphone never ended the silent film era?

I hereby invite the whole OnePlus community in a creative, brain-stretching exercise: share a silent unboxing video for our latest flagship! You can use cue cards, gestures, colorful editing – anything goes. Just keep it short and silent.

How to enter
    • Make a silent unboxing video, max 2 minutes long. We love beautiful device shots, visual tricks, and creative touches that show off the design and function of the OnePlus 6T.
    • Reply to this thread with a (streaming) link to your OnePlus 6T unboxing video before November 16. We’ll ask you for the original file if you are chosen as a finalist.
    • Include a brief post explaining your video and sharing your first impressions of the OnePlus 6T.
    On November 21, we'll announce 15 finalists who will win a $50 voucher usable toward accessories (equivalent to 43.73 euros, which will get you over 40 items and bundles in our store!).

All finalists will get featured in our official OnePlus 6T megamix video. More details on this fun community project later.

Staff and community will then vote to narrow the selection to the top 3, who will each win a pair of Bullets Wireless.

11/8 Update
    The grand prize winner will now get a special surprise, on top of the Wireless Bullets:

mysteryunboxing.jpg

I hope you all feel energized and inspired by this creative unboxing challenge. I can’t wait to see your awesome entries.

11/21 Update
    Thanks for all of your fun entries! We're pleased to announce the 15 finalists who will win the gear/accessories voucher, and appear in the OnePlus 6T Megamix video.

@antoniofurioso
    @F_Roberto_Celestri_pOHn
    @Guuon86
    @I1541362225559
    @johneebee
    @LucaF81
    @mansur_tt, @mrJanelle
    @Nayan Jeet Dewri, @NikRamakrishnan
    @OnePlusMikeT
    @Peter379
    @rboyden
    @Shivang Joshi
    @Venky61

I'll contact the finalists this week to get the original video files and details for the voucher. In the meantime, we're conducting the blind vote for the top 3 entries. A google form is being passed to selected members of the community and OnePlus team, containing the video entries (without links to the original post and user). I'll be back on Friday with the final vote!

2. I1541362225559 Donut Nov 8, 2018

Stickied Post
    I1541362225559, Nov 8, 2018 :
    My first post:

My re-edited version : This video was shot on OnePlus 5, s6 edge+, and the final picture taken on 6T, using no professional tools. With books as stands, flash lights for lighting, this video was taken to highlight the tag line "unlock the speed" with all the different animations and the speed at which the in-display fingerprint and the combination of face id was too impressive. Every element in the box is shown including the stickers thanks to you. And nevertheless, the dash charging which can never be offered by any other company, also showed.

For me the OnePlus 6t has been an excellent experience. The camera, the slowmo, the display, the notch, the gaming mode with pubg (wow) and needless to say the smoothness with the speed. It has literally been an unlocking the speed experience for me with the combination of the face ID and the in display fingerprint (it's almost as if I can never see the lock screen wallpaper). Overall, the best smartphone experience I've ever had.

Last edited: Nov 18, 2018 at 6:03 PM

3. cesco75 Eclair Nov 9, 2018

Stickied Post
    cesco75, Nov 9, 2018 :
    :D Video reuploaded in real silent mode:

My video is made by night to highlight the new night-mode of the camera... and some fears I had.
    I was afraid of some missing features of my 6T, mainly for the lack of audio jack, but the first impressions, speeds, design... are so good to forget all.
    And about sound, the type-c sound... wow, what a great quality! So, my friends, don't be afraid and never settle!

4. pillow35 KitKat Nov 10, 2018

Stickied Post
    pillow35, Nov 10, 2018 :

Here comes the new oneplus, can't wait to unbox it
    at the opening a very nice box with a new design.
    The phone picking is very comfortable as the previous model even if it seems thicker. The rendering is the most beautiful effect in Midnight Black version and the matte coating.
    First points that stands out, there is no more fingerprint sensor on the back and Jack plug is gone. no problem, I use a Bluetooth headset and USB C headphones are provided (for France anyway ^ ^).
    Turn on the phone and yes,the screen is obvious and appears in all its size with a reduced notch much more discreet. it will surely be easier than OP6.
    OxygenOS is as smooth as usual, it must now be discovered and tested. See also the photo performances.
    But damn, where is the notification led, it's for the moment the negative point which, for me, comes first

OP6T unboxing - Only made with my OP5T

Last edited: Nov 13, 2018

5. If_Ionut Donut Nov 10, 2018

Stickied Post
    If_Ionut, Nov 10, 2018 :

Hello!

This is my silent unboxing and short review of OnePlus 6T.

My previous smartphone was from another company, i don`t know if I am allowed to mention the name, but not worth it. Not high end smartphone but good enough at the time it was bought. I used the smartphone at full possibilities. Listen music, GPS tracker for sport activities, GPS helper on car, Payments with NFC, playing some games taking pictures and the list may continue... but with time, battery gone bad, really bad. fully charged, i can use my previous smartphone at about half an hour, so I decided to get a new smartphone. While I was looking online at smartphones, one colleague told me about OnePlus ... and that time I heard for the 1st time about you.

I was ready to buy OP 6, but I discovered that 6T was announced. So I waited and ordered the 6T and bullets wireless on 6 November, unboxed on 9 November.

5 days in use:
    WHAT I LIKE
    First impression regarding the shape, contour and feeling in my hand. it feels so good...
    Fingerprint scanner placed under display is nice. My older phone has also a fingerprint reader placed on front side, below (underneath) the screen, so while i keep my phone on desk, i like to touch it and to unlock if needed, without having lifting the phone to access the fingerprint reader / scanner .
    I like the idea to lock the screen by double tapping on home wallpaper...
    I like the visibility of the screen, i like also that low brightness - i use very low brightness in certain situation.
    The speed while loading games is impressive.
    Nice pictures, did not had enough time to use all the camera functions.
    The thing I like the most is that the phone charges from 0% to 100% in about 1h 15 min (75 min) which is impressive. and the battery lasts more than a day!!

WHAT TO BE IMPROVED
    It feels good in my hand, but the smartphone is too long. I find it difficult to keep the smartphone with one hand, unlock it with thumb finger on bottom side of the screen and after that to tap on upper part of the screen...
    While most of the apps I use works good with extra long display, i play 2 games that have elements not looking so good.
    Tested today the GPS on a small bike ride, the GPS was slow responsive, maybe because of the cloudy sky. I will test more about it.

Overall, I am happy to use the OnePlus 6T device.

Last edited: Nov 13, 2018

buntycubal likes this.
  6. E1541122496348 Cupcake Nov 10, 2018

Stickied Post
    E1541122496348, Nov 10, 2018 :
    Hi,

Here is my video of one plus 6T unboxing .

I love the design of One plus 6T and the RAM and memory storage that it provides make me an loyal User. The state of art finger print sensor make it one of kind in North America. This one is bought as an gift. The video is shot using One plus 5 Time lapse feature and added some caption for some information. As can be guessed I am novice at it but it was great fun doing it with my kid!!!

7. Peter379 Cupcake Nov 11, 2018

Stickied Post
    Peter379, Nov 11, 2018 :
    Hi guys! here is my full detailed 2min. SILENT OP6T UNBOXING video
    I see a lot of other videos posted that are NOT silent at all and some over 2min? do people not read the rules? or what's going on?
    Anyways, good luck to all :)

My video focuses on the full unboxing experience and the design of the OP6T

My first impression of the OP6T when I unboxed it was "impressive". The silky back of the midnight black version is just so nice in the hand! I love the materials and build quality of this device, and the small letter from the CEO showed me that he really care about the users who buy a OnePlus phone.

The in-display fingerprint scanner works great and the new waterdrop notch is close to art and makes it stand out.

Personally I have always been a big fan of OnePlus. They offer great hardware and top speed to a budget friendly cost. And I also like the very close to stock android experience - just with extended options to custimize stuff. In my opinion Oxygen OS still offers the best and fastest user experience on any smartphone!

Last edited: Nov 11, 2018

8. Venky61 Ice Cream Sandwich Nov 11, 2018

Stickied Post
    Venky61, Nov 11, 2018 :
    Hi Guys,

Here's my entry for the Silent Unboxing Challenge of Oneplus 6T

Background:
    When I saw this from @Ruby G. in the post, I started visualizing how an Unboxing Video would look if made in the silent film era. The reason silent films are engaging is due to their script. So I prepared a mini script that highlights the phone specs and the box contents. Though I took some liberties (to keep the video short), I tried my level best to use the Font, Color Grading, Aspect Ratio, transitions and FPS closer to those times. As few from the community already know about my craziness for Super Heroes, I made them the protagonists of the script :). Hope you all enjoy watching as much I did while making it.

First Impressions:
    As soon as I took out the phone from the box, that humongous display caught my attention. For a person using Oneplus 5 for the last one year, the aspect ratio felt much weird. But the immersive display and beautiful notch made the feeling sway away faster than expected. Here's a list of things I like and dislike

Things I Liked:
    1.The less intrusive Notch. 2. Amoled Display 3.Larger Battery 4. Speaker Sound 5.Nav Gestures 6. Free Case 7. Finger Print Scanner Animations 8. Smooth and Fast UI
    Things I Did not Like/ Need Improvement:
    1. Lack of Headphone Jack 2. Slower Finger Print Scanner 3. Inaccurate Adaptive Brightness 4. Not a great camera upgrade. 5. Lack of LED Notification

These are just my first Impressions. Would share my full review after using for sometime :) Do let me know if you need to know anything in particular about the 6T.

I want to thank @Ruby G. once again for introducing such creative brain storming contests for the community. :D

Last edited: Nov 14, 2018

9. OnePlusMikeT Cupcake Nov 11, 2018

Stickied Post
    OnePlusMikeT, Nov 11, 2018 :

Hey everyone, this is my unboxing video. wanted to show all the package items with aesthetic.
    the best part of the video is in the end so keep watching ;)
    i already got the phone for 5 hours and i love it! compact,sexy and fast
    thanks oneplus

10. LucaF81 Eclair Nov 12, 2018

Stickied Post
    LucaF81, Nov 12, 2018 :
    Hi all!
    This is my entry:

ABOUT THE VIDEO:
    I love the OP colours, so i decided to keep them. The package reflects colour scheme, so white background and red sleeves was a must in order to keep the mood. I used the full 2 minutes lenght limit because i would to show it "at the right speed". Packaging is really important: it's the first contact with the new device.

Video Specs:
    I worked all the weekend with an home-made-set with home-things: i had a lot of fun doing it!
    I did the shots with my old Canon 500D and the editing is done using a free software.
    I hope you like it!

FIRST OP6T IMPRESSIONS:
    It's FAAAAAAAAAST!! :D Now i really know the meaning of the payoff "Fast & Smooth". It's like having "All & Now": no more time in watching loading bars or black screens: if you tap, you have.
    The display is great and the colour calibration is a very appreciated feature.
    Today it's the first day of "daily" use: i'm enjoying the interface. It's so clean!
    I use it both for work and for personal life: i will deeply stress the battery because it will be one of the main working device, it will be my game device at home and it will be my adventure companion during ultratrail running races. Until now I'm really impressed with the battery life: after the intense "setup & installation" day i still had a 30% available!
    I hope to go soon outiside to play with camera. See you soon in "Shot on Oneplus" thread.

PS: Sorry for shaking fingers.. i know my hands' movement is not so smooth :)

Last edited: Nov 12, 2018

11. rboyden Cupcake Nov 12, 2018

Stickied Post
    rboyden, Nov 12, 2018 :

I am constantly trying new phones. You could even say I, for years, have been obsessed with finding the perfect smartphone. Whether it be the display, camera, software, or countless other features, there always seems to be something wrong with my current device. I may be so picky that the perfect device does not exist; however, picking up the OnePlus 6T for the first time was the closest I've gotten to finding that sweet spot.

So what drew me to this phone over others? Sure, I could have kept my Galaxy, or upgraded to a Pixel or another $1,000 phone. But none of those phones came close to the complete package of the 6T, while costing twice as much. There's the enormous display, somehow as beautiful as 1440p phones, but retaining incredible battery life. Or the camera, inching closer and closer to the top of the game with every software update. Even the fast charging, that makes me forget how much I used to love wireless. And don't forget about the screen unlock: let's be honest, the best part is seeing the look on everyone's faces when I use it.

But what drove me away from my Galaxy, and most other smartphone manufacturers, is software. Software, software, software. So many people buy a phone for the hardware (as I have done) and forget about the most interactive part of the device. The only other phone that comes close is the Pixel, but hardware should not have to be a sacrifice either. I firmly believe that OxygenOS is the best software on the market: customizable, simple, but unique. And fast. So fast. There is simply not another experience like it.

Of course, for a device at this price point, not everything is perfect. A notch is still a notch, this time without an LED. There is no IP rating, so no more phone calls in the shower for me. And the fingerprint sensor is not nearly as fast as before. But am I settling? No, no I am not. Every complaint I have is a tiny nitpick, that really does not have a large effect on the user experience. The 6T is the best phone I have ever used.

So is my hunt for the perfect smartphone over? I doubt it will ever be. But I can say with confidence that my next upgrade will keep me in the OnePlus family.

The OnePlus 6T is a unique phone, and I like to appreciate the quirks in everyone. So, yes, I made my video a furry unboxing. Trying to function with paws is always difficult, but this video was a super fun one to film and edit! It may not be the best entry but I love it anyway. Thanks guys, I'll see ya around. ^w^

Filmed on a Nikon D3100. Edited on Adobe Premiere Rush. Made with bunches of love.

Ruby G., johneebee and Venky61 like this.
  12. antoniofurioso Cupcake Nov 12, 2018

Stickied Post
    antoniofurioso, Nov 12, 2018 :
    Video Unboxing di OnePlus 6T girato con Canon EOS M6 e montato con Adobe Premiere. Nel video mostro i lati migliori di OnePlus 6T. Come si può vedere dal video mostro tutti gli accessori contenuti nella scatola di OnePlus 6T.

Ho il OnePlus 6T dall' 8 novembre, la mia è la versione 8 + 128 gb. Sto ancora testando il telefono, ma posso dirvi che la settimana prossima uscirà la mia prima recensione.
    Ho avuto per un anno un OP5 e mi sono trovato molto bene. Dopo quell'esperienza, sapevo che non avrei avuto alcun dubbio a comprare un altro top di gamma OnePlus e così ho acquistato OP6T mirror black. Appena aperta la scatola ho notato subito il suo aspetto premium, soprattutto in questa variante a specchio. Il notch ridotto alle dimensioni della fotocamera anteriore, i suoi angoli arrotondati e i bordi leggermente più ristretti rispetto al 6 gli danno quel tocco di bellezza in più. Peccato per il Jack Audio che è andato perso, ma c'è un buon perché. Batteria aumentata, la quale dura un po' più di un giorno e il fantastico lettore d'impronte digitale di seconda generazione posto sotto al display.
    OnePlus 6T gira molto bene, come mi aspettavo, ma è stato un po' rallentato per via delle animazioni più dettagliate. Fluido e veloce, ad oggi secondo queste mie prime impressioni OnePlus 6T è il miglior smartphone Android da poter acquistare.

Ruby G. likes this.
  13. david72262 Froyo Nov 13, 2018

Stickied Post
    david72262, Nov 13, 2018 :
    updated video to remove all sound.

unboxing fajitas filmed by bacon.

phone is very fast, beautifully designed, feels great in hand I love fajitas.

buntycubal and Ruby G. like this.
  14. Guuon86 Cupcake Nov 14, 2018

Stickied Post
    Guuon86, Nov 14, 2018 :
    I started using mobiles phone around 11 years back. Within every two years I used to change my phone, every time being a new company. My taste was always expensive and the best in the market. Until OnePlus came, I knew this company will definitely win my heart. With such a reasonable rate it had every feature an expensive phone would provide, hence came in my first OnePlus phone - 3T. Now its been a couple of years since I'm using it, and for the first time in my life I haven't switched companies.

My first impression on this phone was the in-display finger print reader. The speed and quality is so smooth it just won my heart again, Second thing which I fell for was the notch. In todays market with so many different notches in place, I find this style the best one yet.

I have to agree at this price point the Camera and battery life is beyond compare. Finally when I tested the speakers, I came to a conclusion that my decision to stay with OnePlus was worth it.

To all the members out there and everyone reading this, do this phone a try, believe me you'll love it.

Thank you OnePlus,
    Girish Agnani

Last edited: Nov 14, 2018

15. Nayan Jeet Dewri Donut Nov 14, 2018

Stickied Post
    Nayan Jeet Dewri, Nov 14, 2018 :
    Here's my entry:

The first thing that struck me after I booted up the phone for the first time is the cute little notch on that larger (than the OnePlus 6) display with the slightly more curved edges! Just love the display. It is pure bliss. I thought the under display fingerprint scanner would be slow but boy oh boy, was I wrong. It's comparable with most devices' physical fingerprint scanners. It gives me such an amazing feeling every time I unlock the phone with the fingerprint scanner :D
    I also didn't expect that 400 mAh bump in the battery to bring much of a difference since I'm already coming from the 6 but no, I was wrong. I don't know what you guys have done, but the 6T also charges up faster than the 6! Totally loving the upgrade.

I pretty much have been a OnePlus lover since the OnePlus X (my first OnePlus device). After the X, I have owned the 3, 5, 6 and now the 6T. These blazing fast premium quality phones with that amazing OxygenOS on top just won't let me switch to another phone brand!

Never Settle.
    Amen.

16. NikRamakrishnan Froyo Nov 14, 2018

Stickied Post
    NikRamakrishnan, Nov 14, 2018 :
    Here's my entry (truly silent this time)!

My video focuses on the unboxing experience and the looks and functionality of the device.

The moment I switched on my new OnePlus 6T, I was mesmerized by the edge-to-edge display with the tiny notch (this is how it should be done)! I was quite impressed by the screen unlock technology. Coming from a OnePlus 2, the upgrade was huge, and I was blown away by how fast and intuitively the device responded. The new Oxygen OS is an absolute delight to use, and I'm loving the gesture-based navigation. Another reason this phone is the best option on the market right now is the huge 3700 mAh battery which comfortably lasts all day, with the fastest charging out there, filling up the juice in less than an hour. With high quality build quality, cutting-edge technology, a camera competing with the top flagships out there, and a revolutionary under-screen fingerprint sensor, this device is a bang for the buck, and I'm glad I got it!

I hope you enjoy the video!

buntycubal, johneebee and Ruby G. like this.
  17. Roberto_Celestri Cupcake Nov 14, 2018

Stickied Post
    Roberto_Celestri, Nov 14, 2018 :

This video was made with Sony a6300, and has been studied in detail to ensure that the viewer can be encouraged to purchase the phone. Simplicity, rhythm are the key to this video.
    -----------------

Oneplus 6t is the best android smartphone on the market, going from an oneplus 5, the biggest difference is the screen and the camera. Beautiful screen, almost borderless, with vivid and very pleasant colors; the camera improved with freshness and with the night mode that does magic in the dark! The most innovative part is in the fingerprint sensor below the screen that is lightning fast and safe. For me oneplus 6t is amazing.

18. Shivang Joshi The Lab - OnePlus 6T Reviewer Nov 15, 2018 at 9:10 AM

Stickied Post
    Shivang Joshi, Nov 15, 2018 at 9:10 AM :
    I loved the idea of creating a silent unboxing video. At first, when I saw that the last date to submit the video was 16th November, I thought I won't be able to make it in time. But since last three days, I was trying to wake up early and complete this challenge. And finally, I was able to do that today. So, I'm finally presenting my entry for the Silent Unboxing Video:

Initial Impressions

The unboxing experience of the OnePlus 6T was completely different than the previous devices. The first differentiating factor was the box itself. The definition of the community was a nice touch. Also, I liked Pete's note in the box and it reminded me of OnePlus 5's box which had a picture and a message from Carl. I like that the 3.5mm headphone jack dongle is included right in the box, as some companies even don't include that. This doesn't mean that I'm in favor of removing the headphone jack. Coming from the OnePlus 5, I like the extra heft of the OnePlus 6T which helps in having a better grip on the device. But as the back panel is made up of glass, I would still protect it with a case and/or skin.

The performance has not been an issue for me. Also, I like Oxygen OS quite a lot as it offers minimal customizations over Stock Android without affecting the performance. One of the new features on the OnePlus 6T is the Screen Unlock, which uses the In-Display Fingerprint Sensor. It looks great, but isn't as convenient as the capacitive one on my OnePlus 5. And even though this is a 1080p display, it looks nice and sharp for everyday use. (For me, I just needed to hide that notch)

Well, that's all I had to say about the initial impressions of the OnePlus 6T.

@Ruby G. Once again, thank you for coming up with another creative idea for a contest. I really enjoyed the process of making that video as it was something different for me. And I'm just happy that I was able to make it before 16th November. :)

Last edited: Nov 15, 2018 at 9:19 AM

19. Damiando Cupcake Nov 15, 2018 at 2:04 PM

Stickied Post
    Damiando, Nov 15, 2018 at 2:04 PM :
    This is my submission for this contest, it even concludes a little funny moment (pardon me, Oneplus):
    I really like the phone so far. I came from a samsung galaxy s6 and this (oneplus 6t 8gb ram) is a huge upgrade from that. I definitely love the screen as it is super huge and almost a 90% screen to body ratio! Also, the phone is really quick, got some nice animations in the notification bar once turning buttons on or off and the amount of storage that is standard with this phone is phenominal. Also, the near stock experience is great and even people are telling the camera is not as good as a samsung galaxy s9+ for example, I still enjoy it and think it is one of the most beautiful (dual) camera's I've had in a phone. Thanks for this model!

In case embedded video doesn't work :

buntycubal, Ruby G. and johneebee like this.
  20. tonyjs007 Donut Nov 15, 2018 at 4:41 PM

Stickied Post
    tonyjs007, Nov 15, 2018 at 4:41 PM :
    Here is my entry for the Oneplus 6T Silent Unboxing Challenge

I tried my best to make the video is unique and creative hope you all like it.

My first Impression.

For me the most attractive thing in Oneplus 6T is the Oxygen OS.It is super fast,smooth,simple and user-friendly.I moved to Oneplus 6T from redmi note 3 so you can understand the difference I feel.Snapdragon 845 is awesome with Oneplus 6T.The other attractive feature is screen unlock I was bit doubtful about how Iam gonna like it because I was a fan of rear fingerprint sensor but belive me Oneplus 6T changed my mind because it is very convenient compare to the rear sensor once you are used to it.I love the Camera and the new water drop notch in Oneplus 6T.One more thing I can't stop without telling is the battery it is the best battery I ever used in an android phone.One thing I miss in Oneplus 6T is the notification led hope they bring it back with the coming models.

Camera used:Canon 1200d,Oneplus 6T,Redmi note 3
    Edited with:Kinemaster pro

21. Floraz Cupcake Nov 15, 2018 at 4:42 PM

Stickied Post
    Floraz, Nov 15, 2018 at 4:42 PM :
    This is my video, was recording with a OnePlus 3t

I really love my OnePlus 6t, I am a regular of OnePlus, it was obvious to choose the new OnePlus 6t, this phone is just the perfection in this wolrd, and that in any field. I hope you enjoy my unboxing, i make a "full version" in my youtube channel if you want to watch the complet version. Enjoy.

buntycubal likes this.
  22. S1540900766120 Cupcake Nov 15, 2018 at 10:22 PM

Stickied Post
    S1540900766120, Nov 15, 2018 at 10:22 PM :
    My first impression:
    I Love it! It's a very great phone. Excellent built quality, well designed and many great features.
    I switched from Apple and I'm very happy now.
    And it's a great community, I glad to be here!

edited: there was some error with my link:

Last edited: Nov 16, 2018 at 5:28 AM

23. johneebee Gingerbread Nov 15, 2018 at 11:00 PM

Stickied Post
    johneebee, Nov 15, 2018 at 11:00 PM :

About the video:
    Filmed with the help of the original oneplus one and my assistant, Crockybee. It wasn't easy working with an alligator with only some stumps instead of hands, but he did his best so be kind!

my first impressions:

Pro's
    -I love the overall unboxing experience and the fact that we have an audio dongle and cover included in the box!
    -At first I was kinda unsure about the notch, but it personality to the phone
    -I'm absolutely in love with the camera!! I'm not a professional smartphone- cameraman like some people in the community are, but with the camera and the different options like night mode, even I can make pics that actually look pretty amazing!
    -The phone's overall experience is just perfect and it's hard to find stuff to complain about, it's snappy, with a beautiful screen, and an awesome battery (seriously, I'm getting like 8-10 hours screen on time!).. basically it has everything I expect from a phone and more!

some stuff that could be better
    - I still kinda do miss my notification LED
    - No option to change the default home screen in order to have the default one between 2 others instead of to the left of 2 screens with the default launcher (but this could be fixed with a software update)

Overall I love my new sidekick and like you might have noticed, I really had to do my best to find stuff that I don't like about the 6t!

Last edited: Nov 16, 2018 at 12:16 AM

24. mrJanelle Cupcake Nov 16, 2018 at 12:10 AM

Stickied Post
    mrJanelle, Nov 16, 2018 at 12:10 AM :

It was a lot of fun making this video. Without any professional experience or a legitimate setup, I managed to throw this together to hopefully showcase all the beautiful angles of the OnePlus 6T.

I was honestly very hesitant about making an unboxing video at all, simply because I couldn't wait to get my hands on the OnePlus 6T and push it to its fullest potential. Upon seeing the phone for the first time, I was awestruck by the Midnight Black's finish and how premium it felt. Surely a phone of this price wouldn't have premium materials to make the phone look and feel magnificent! Oh, but it did! Premium materials both inside and out. It rocks a Snapdragon 845 as its brain which speeds through any tasks thrown at it. This is my first OnePlus phone, and so it was also my first experience with Oxygen OS. It had the snappiness and responsiveness of stock Android, with extra functionality and sprinkled all around, making it the fastest phone I have ever owned! Now let's talk about the front display. The large screen with a minimal notch makes this a media consumption beast! And the best part: underneath the display lies the fingerprint reader! It's located at an extremely convenient spot that my finger can just land on whenever I want to unlock the phone. The bottom of the phone now has speaker grills that are symmetric and aesthetically pleasing to the eye. And one thing I don't understand why more manufacturers don't take advantage of is the alert slider!

Ultimately, my words cannot begin to describe my entire first impressions of this beast of a machine. It's beautiful with a premium look and feel, and fast, with the latest Snapdragon 845. I'm sure that this is the phone of the year!

25. kokoloko Gingerbread Nov 16, 2018 at 3:02 AM

Stickied Post
    kokoloko, Nov 16, 2018 at 3:02 AM :

Here's my re-unboxing and unboxing of the best devices. The new OP6T still keeps look and feeling in the hand as the original. There is no compromise on quality and I love that the color of the accessories has been kept the same throughout the years.

26. mansur_tt Cupcake Nov 16, 2018 at 4:30 AM

Stickied Post
    mansur_tt, Nov 16, 2018 at 4:30 AM :
    This is my sixth phone from OnePlus. And it looks great! The display is so big and bright. The notch is so small and i like it. In-display fingerprint sensor looks futuristic and works very fast. I love this phone!

27. YUshaRani Eclair Nov 16, 2018 at 6:18 AM

Stickied Post
    YUshaRani, Nov 16, 2018 at 6:18 AM :

My entry for the contest.

About the video:
    It was shot on a OnePlus 5 and edited using the Moive Editor app. The OnePlus 6t logo, unlock the speed and the packing of the box is mainly being focused on.

For me the OnePlus 6T has been an excellent experience.
    The camera, the slowmo, the display, the notch, the gaming mode and needless to say the smoothness with the speed.
    It has literally been an unlocking the speed experience for me with the combination of the face ID and the in display fingerprint (it's almost as if I can never see the lock screen wallpaper).
    And about sound, the type-c sound... wow, what a great quality! So, dear friends, don't be afraid and never settle!!!!!!!!!

Overall, it was a pretty amazing experience & the best smartphone experience I've ever had.

28. PradyumnaB Gingerbread Oct 30, 2018

29. GopalB. Marshmallow Oct 30, 2018

GopalB., Oct 30, 2018 :
    Can we make it imaginary unboxing??? :p

30. simsimbol Ice Cream Sandwich Oct 30, 2018

31. Gaston NP KitKat Moderator Oct 30, 2018

32. Moin2200 Jelly Bean Oct 30, 2018

buntycubal and G_plusone like this.
  33. meatandy Nougat Oct 30, 2018

meatandy, Oct 30, 2018 :
    I don't think I could keep my mouth shut for two minutes.:p

Good luck everyone.

34. simsimbol Ice Cream Sandwich Oct 30, 2018

35. NeVeR_SeTTLe The Lab - OnePlus 6 Reviewer Oct 30, 2018

NeVeR_SeTTLe, Oct 30, 2018 :
    Thanks @Ruby G. for this creative yet fun contest :) Always good to see some gray brain matter put to good use :D
    Good luck everybody and may the best silent video win!! :D

36. aphrahman Donut Oct 30, 2018

aphrahman, Oct 30, 2018 :
    One more good contest for those who owns the latest flagship. I think it is very easy to shoot silent video of unboxing of OnePlus 6T. All the best for the participants :)

G_plusone likes this.
  37. idkwhoiam322 Marshmallow Oct 30, 2018

idkwhoiam322, Oct 30, 2018 :
    So where do I get the box /runs

38. GuitarHero0179 Jelly Bean Oct 30, 2018

O1541091260473, Ruby G. and G_plusone like this.
  39. Venky61 Ice Cream Sandwich Oct 30, 2018

Venky61, Oct 30, 2018 :
    Woaah... Unboxing Challenge on Cards...
    Thanks @Ruby G. for this exciting contest with a twist...
    Let the "Actions Speak" ;) :)
    All the best to everyone.

buntycubal, Joel B, Ruby G. and 3 others like this.
  40. gaster KitKat Moderator Oct 30, 2018

gaster, Oct 30, 2018 :
    That sounds interesting. Let's see who is the most silent agent then. Good luck everyone. Thanks Ruby for another nice contest.

41. simsimbol Ice Cream Sandwich Oct 30, 2018

42. Bouncer71 KitKat Oct 30, 2018

Bouncer71, Oct 30, 2018 :
    haven't seen a silent movie in years...
    This could be really fun to watch...!

Good luck everyone participating...! 8D

buntycubal, G_plusone and Venky61 like this.
  43. AGomes Honeycomb Oct 30, 2018

44. G_plusone Lollipop Oct 30, 2018

G_plusone, Oct 30, 2018 :
    We have imaginary 6T boxes to unbox :p

45. Cheetosdust Starting Point Expert Oct 30, 2018

Cheetosdust, Oct 30, 2018 :
    Thanks for the opportunity, Ruby - it’s a cool idea :)

I’m not going to participate, but I can recommend you a good silent movie, “Speedy” ;)

Best of luck to everyone that’s going to try and win the big prizes, hope you have fun participating. :cool:

46. Grantelb4rt Honeycomb Oct 30, 2018

Grantelb4rt, Oct 30, 2018 :
    A German Saying: Reden ist Silber, schweigen ist Gold. (Talking is silver, silence is gold)