[Prizes updated!] OnePlus 6T #SilentUnboxing Challenge

1. Shilendra Solanki Cupcake Nov 11, 2018

2. Nivas K Froyo Nov 11, 2018

3. A1541855118805 Cupcake Nov 11, 2018

4. Peter379 Donut Nov 11, 2018

Stickied Post
    Peter379, Nov 11, 2018 :
    Hi guys! here is my full detailed 2min. SILENT OP6T UNBOXING video
    I see a lot of other videos posted that are NOT silent at all and some over 2min? do people not read the rules? or what's going on?
    Anyways, good luck to all :)

My video focuses on the full unboxing experience and the design of the OP6T

My first impression of the OP6T when I unboxed it was "impressive". The silky back of the midnight black version is just so nice in the hand! I love the materials and build quality of this device, and the small letter from the CEO showed me that he really care about the users who buy a OnePlus phone.

The in-display fingerprint scanner works great and the new waterdrop notch is close to art and makes it stand out.

Personally I have always been a big fan of OnePlus. They offer great hardware and top speed to a budget friendly cost. And I also like the very close to stock android experience - just with extended options to custimize stuff. In my opinion Oxygen OS still offers the best and fastest user experience on any smartphone!

Last edited: Nov 11, 2018

5. Venky61 Jelly Bean Nov 11, 2018

Stickied Post
    Venky61, Nov 11, 2018 :
    Hi Guys,

Here's my entry for the Silent Unboxing Challenge of Oneplus 6T

Background:
    When I saw this from @Ruby G. in the post, I started visualizing how an Unboxing Video would look if made in the silent film era. The reason silent films are engaging is due to their script. So I prepared a mini script that highlights the phone specs and the box contents. Though I took some liberties (to keep the video short), I tried my level best to use the Font, Color Grading, Aspect Ratio, transitions and FPS closer to those times. As few from the community already know about my craziness for Super Heroes, I made them the protagonists of the script :). Hope you all enjoy watching as much I did while making it.

First Impressions:
    As soon as I took out the phone from the box, that humongous display caught my attention. For a person using Oneplus 5 for the last one year, the aspect ratio felt much weird. But the immersive display and beautiful notch made the feeling sway away faster than expected. Here's a list of things I like and dislike

Things I Liked:
    1.The less intrusive Notch. 2. Amoled Display 3.Larger Battery 4. Speaker Sound 5.Nav Gestures 6. Free Case 7. Finger Print Scanner Animations 8. Smooth and Fast UI
    Things I Did not Like/ Need Improvement:
    1. Lack of Headphone Jack 2. Slower Finger Print Scanner 3. Inaccurate Adaptive Brightness 4. Not a great camera upgrade. 5. Lack of LED Notification

These are just my first Impressions. Would share my full review after using for sometime :) Do let me know if you need to know anything in particular about the 6T.

I want to thank @Ruby G. once again for introducing such creative brain storming contests for the community. :D

Last edited: Nov 14, 2018

6. Venky61 Jelly Bean Nov 11, 2018

Venky61, Nov 11, 2018 :
    Thanks for the Suggestion... Looks fun and Engaging... Added to watchlist :) :D

Cheetosdust likes this.
  7. I1541834704371 Cupcake Nov 11, 2018

I1541834704371, Nov 11, 2018 :
    I am a biggest fan of one plus mobile. but I not purchased a one plus mobile because of money problem but I am happy the one plus company bring such a great phones for people

santosh_pesala likes this.
  8. OnePlusMikeT Eclair Nov 11, 2018

Stickied Post
    OnePlusMikeT, Nov 11, 2018 :

Hey everyone, this is my unboxing video. wanted to show all the package items with aesthetic.
    the best part of the video is in the end so keep watching ;)
    i already got the phone for 5 hours and i love it! compact,sexy and fast
    thanks oneplus

9. Ruby G. NA Community Manager Staff Member Nov 12, 2018

Ruby G., Nov 12, 2018 :
    Hey NikRamakrishnan,
    Thanks for the cool video and review. Friendly reminder that the video must be silent to qualify, I noticed some music. Cheers and best of luck!

10. T_user Donut Nov 12, 2018

T_user, Nov 12, 2018 :
    since the deadline has been pushed from 12th to 16th, can we edit the video we made again and post it??
    Does it count?

Ruby G. likes this.
  11. LucaF81 Froyo Nov 12, 2018

Stickied Post
    LucaF81, Nov 12, 2018 :
    Hi all!
    This is my entry:

ABOUT THE VIDEO:
    I love the OP colours, so i decided to keep them. The package reflects colour scheme, so white background and red sleeves was a must in order to keep the mood. I used the full 2 minutes lenght limit because i would to show it "at the right speed". Packaging is really important: it's the first contact with the new device.

Video Specs:
    I worked all the weekend with an home-made-set with home-things: i had a lot of fun doing it!
    I did the shots with my old Canon 500D and the editing is done using a free software.
    I hope you like it!

FIRST OP6T IMPRESSIONS:
    It's FAAAAAAAAAST!! :D Now i really know the meaning of the payoff "Fast & Smooth". It's like having "All & Now": no more time in watching loading bars or black screens: if you tap, you have.
    The display is great and the colour calibration is a very appreciated feature.
    Today it's the first day of "daily" use: i'm enjoying the interface. It's so clean!
    I use it both for work and for personal life: i will deeply stress the battery because it will be one of the main working device, it will be my game device at home and it will be my adventure companion during ultratrail running races. Until now I'm really impressed with the battery life: after the intense "setup & installation" day i still had a 30% available!
    I hope to go soon outiside to play with camera. See you soon in "Shot on Oneplus" thread.

PS: Sorry for shaking fingers.. i know my hands' movement is not so smooth :)

Last edited: Nov 12, 2018

12. NikRamakrishnan Froyo Nov 12, 2018

NikRamakrishnan, Nov 12, 2018 :
    Ah I thought music was allowed. Okay, so can I post another video on here then?

13. rboyden Cupcake Nov 12, 2018

Stickied Post
    rboyden, Nov 12, 2018 :

I am constantly trying new phones. You could even say I, for years, have been obsessed with finding the perfect smartphone. Whether it be the display, camera, software, or countless other features, there always seems to be something wrong with my current device. I may be so picky that the perfect device does not exist; however, picking up the OnePlus 6T for the first time was the closest I've gotten to finding that sweet spot.

So what drew me to this phone over others? Sure, I could have kept my Galaxy, or upgraded to a Pixel or another $1,000 phone. But none of those phones came close to the complete package of the 6T, while costing twice as much. There's the enormous display, somehow as beautiful as 1440p phones, but retaining incredible battery life. Or the camera, inching closer and closer to the top of the game with every software update. Even the fast charging, that makes me forget how much I used to love wireless. And don't forget about the screen unlock: let's be honest, the best part is seeing the look on everyone's faces when I use it.

But what drove me away from my Galaxy, and most other smartphone manufacturers, is software. Software, software, software. So many people buy a phone for the hardware (as I have done) and forget about the most interactive part of the device. The only other phone that comes close is the Pixel, but hardware should not have to be a sacrifice either. I firmly believe that OxygenOS is the best software on the market: customizable, simple, but unique. And fast. So fast. There is simply not another experience like it.

Of course, for a device at this price point, not everything is perfect. A notch is still a notch, this time without an LED. There is no IP rating, so no more phone calls in the shower for me. And the fingerprint sensor is not nearly as fast as before. But am I settling? No, no I am not. Every complaint I have is a tiny nitpick, that really does not have a large effect on the user experience. The 6T is the best phone I have ever used.

So is my hunt for the perfect smartphone over? I doubt it will ever be. But I can say with confidence that my next upgrade will keep me in the OnePlus family.

The OnePlus 6T is a unique phone, and I like to appreciate the quirks in everyone. So, yes, I made my video a furry unboxing. Trying to function with paws is always difficult, but this video was a super fun one to film and edit! It may not be the best entry but I love it anyway. Thanks guys, I'll see ya around. ^w^

Filmed on a Nikon D3100. Edited on Adobe Premiere Rush. Made with bunches of love.

Ruby G., johneebee and Venky61 like this.
  14. flong Cupcake Nov 12, 2018

flong, Nov 12, 2018 :

Il video si basa su tre concetti: Sono povero, non so fare video, volevo partecipare al contest.
    Breve durata, massima resa.. come la recensione.
    Onorato di essere entrato in questa community.

ciao!

15. EABowden Honeycomb Nov 12, 2018

EABowden, Nov 12, 2018 :
    Brilliant stuff Venky

Venky61 likes this.
  16. EverythingWithAlex Gingerbread Nov 12, 2018

17. silvia.pitergood Cupcake Nov 12, 2018

silvia.pitergood, Nov 12, 2018 :
    wonderful! well done

LucaF81 and EverythingWithAlex like this.
  18. Venky61 Jelly Bean Nov 12, 2018

Venky61, Nov 12, 2018 :

EABowden

Brilliant stuff Venky​

Thank you so much .... It was so much fun making it.. Glad you liked it :)

Last edited: Nov 13, 2018

19. antoniofurioso Cupcake Nov 12, 2018

Stickied Post
    antoniofurioso, Nov 12, 2018 :
    Video Unboxing di OnePlus 6T girato con Canon EOS M6 e montato con Adobe Premiere. Nel video mostro i lati migliori di OnePlus 6T. Come si può vedere dal video mostro tutti gli accessori contenuti nella scatola di OnePlus 6T.

Ho il OnePlus 6T dall' 8 novembre, la mia è la versione 8 + 128 gb. Sto ancora testando il telefono, ma posso dirvi che la settimana prossima uscirà la mia prima recensione.
    Ho avuto per un anno un OP5 e mi sono trovato molto bene. Dopo quell'esperienza, sapevo che non avrei avuto alcun dubbio a comprare un altro top di gamma OnePlus e così ho acquistato OP6T mirror black. Appena aperta la scatola ho notato subito il suo aspetto premium, soprattutto in questa variante a specchio. Il notch ridotto alle dimensioni della fotocamera anteriore, i suoi angoli arrotondati e i bordi leggermente più ristretti rispetto al 6 gli danno quel tocco di bellezza in più. Peccato per il Jack Audio che è andato perso, ma c'è un buon perché. Batteria aumentata, la quale dura un po' più di un giorno e il fantastico lettore d'impronte digitale di seconda generazione posto sotto al display.
    OnePlus 6T gira molto bene, come mi aspettavo, ma è stato un po' rallentato per via delle animazioni più dettagliate. Fluido e veloce, ad oggi secondo queste mie prime impressioni OnePlus 6T è il miglior smartphone Android da poter acquistare.

Ruby G. likes this.
  20. G_Guy_Wa_rxWT Cupcake Nov 12, 2018

G_Guy_Wa_rxWT, Nov 12, 2018 :
    Loved the ending! Very creative and true: no more packing a number of cables!
    My pick for sure