[Problem] Calling with the OPO

1. SWiersma Donut Dec 17, 2017

SWiersma, Dec 17, 2017 :
    Hi everybody,

After 3,5 years of being my buddy my OPO starts having a problem and maybe you guys/girls can help me. I searched a bit around for a similar thread but I couldn't find it. Sorry if it is already there, a link would then be highly appreciated.

This just happened overnight two weeks ago: When I call somebody or when somebody calls me they only hear me very faint in the background and they just can't understand me, also on speaker setting. So I thought of a MIC problem but that was ruled out because voice recording, WhatsApp calling and all other things that require the MIC work perfectly.

Does any of you have an idea what the (I think Software) problem might be and help me out here? It would be a shame if I need to say goodbye to the OPO...

Thanks in advance!

2. Svrutz Gingerbread Dec 17, 2017

3. SWiersma Donut Dec 18, 2017

SWiersma, Dec 18, 2017 :
    Thanks for the idea, I did a factory reset... but it didn't help :( Do you have any other suggestions?

4. kashyap117 Cupcake Dec 20, 2017

5. unicornphone Cupcake Dec 20, 2017

unicornphone, Dec 20, 2017 :
    I had similar problems until i disabled google voice assistant
    The google app would always use the microphone and wait for me to say "ok google" and activate even when i am on the phone and talking with someone.
    This would mess up the way people hear me speaking and i couldn't hear them as well, after i disabled the voice assistant and set it to only trigger by long-press the home button all problems went away

i hope this helps
    cheers

hblvd5258 likes this.
  6. SWiersma Donut Jan 3, 2018

SWiersma, Jan 3, 2018 :
    Thanks man! It sure did help. Although Im not completely clear when calling it sure is an improvement! So Thanks alot!